Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldier 76 is gay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Cid View Post

    "But Americunts can't be poor" - Doc
    Spend big money to earn big money lad
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

    Comment


      Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

      Spend big money to earn big money lad
      Except most people that spend big money on education in America just end up in the middle class. You think we're all doctors over here? lmfao

      Comment


        Originally posted by Cid View Post

        In my first semester, I had to buy a physics book that, new, was over $300. I ended up getting a used one for $220.
        My Dad and I just decided to glance the textbook catalogs and buy the textbooks online when I was at my community college.

        Still needed to pay over a hundred bucks every quarter on those things.

        Comment


          I hope I win the big cash.

          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
          I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
          Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cid View Post

            Except most people that spend big money on education in America just end up in the middle class. You think we're all doctors over here? lmfao
            They end up middle class because they pursue worthless degrees lol
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Emperor Goji View Post
              Gay means Great At Yoloswaging.
              I hate gay people now

              Comment


                Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

                They end up middle class because they pursue worthless degrees lol
                To be fair, this is probably pretty significant.

                Gen ed is the new high school diploma, and only STEM fields are really maintaining any significant worth, and even then, you still need to put in extra effort outside of it to either get other necessary skills or look good enough to your employer to really nab a pretty high-end job, because employers are apparently finding people with “just a degree” not enough for them, while people with more distinguishing resumes get in and satisfy them more often.

                I’m considering 3 things to distinguish myself from the other tens of thousands of CS majors:

                1. A master’s in CS.
                2. A double major (CS and math major will probably look pretty good to a lot of people, and I’m finding the higher level math extremely intriguing).
                3. An internship.

                One of those three, and then I’ll really be fresh enough to a lot of folks.

                At the least, it’ll most likely get me a job that feels worth the price of these spendy colleges.

                Even at only 2 years of debt to pay off, these things still feel too costly.
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 12:17 PM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                  and only STEM fields are really maintaining any significant worth
                  Ye, that's because STEM fields are the only ones that need competent people
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                  Comment


                    It should also be noted that automation is really kicking in. Even gen ed majors will find themselves in increasing competition with robots, honestly, with some of the jobs they’re currently taking up (I’ve even heard that some news articles are being written by machines now...yeah). And high school degrees...

                    In a decade or two, it will probably be nothing but a ticket to unemployment. SOMETHING on top of that will basically be required. Trade school, charter school, college, etc.

                    Me and my dorm buddy (well, my previous one, current one doesn’t like conversation seemingly) discussed this.

                    It actually is probably something that might necessitate more social policy down the road if the markets and education sectors fail to account for this and I don’t see either doing this...not quick enough, anyway.

                    Something like a fourth of the market (or whatever significant fraction it is) is menial labor or some other type of incredibly simple job by the standards of ones where a bachelors or masters (in STEM) is needed, and which can be hijacked by machines. So those are gonna be dead at some point in like 10 or 20 years.

                    And how society reacts to that trend will be pretty crucial, actually. Can’t have that many people unemployed and just pretend everything’s fine.

                    I heard Europe is becoming more conscious of this and advising people more on what jobs they’re most suited for given their performances in higher education to make sure everyone has work.

                    We’ll probably be heading toward that state of things at one point or another. Not a lot of wiggle room on the matter.

                    So America’s issues with jobs and money will probably only gonna get worse, with Average Joes sandwiched in the middle of all of it.

                    Well, it will definitely get worse, really.

                    That national debt really is something after all, and it’s only gonna get bigger...
                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 12:42 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

                      They end up middle class because they pursue worthless degrees lol
                      Mate... I'm heading into an engineering field. With my 2 year degree, I'm looking at $40 to 50,000 with, maybe, a maximum earning potential of $65k. That sounds like a lot, but that's maybe lower middle class. With a master's degree in my selected field (electronics, electrical, and industrial engineering) I'd probably top out at $125k. That might be upper-middle class. With a masters in an engineering field. I don't think you understand how expensive it is to live in the United States. lol

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Cid View Post
                        That sounds like a lot,
                        Yeah, because it is, CHECK your privilege
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                          Yeah, because it is, CHECK your privilege
                          Except, it's not. If I was earning $125,000 a year, my take home after taxes looks more like $90,000. That's something like $7500 a month. That much money won't last as long as you think it does when you're throwing out $1500 for a mortgage, another $1000 for health insurance, a few hundred here and there for car insurance, car payments, gasoline, and so forth, a few hundred for food, about another $1000 to $1500 for utilities and phones, and so on.

                          Just because you can survive on $3 a day in Portugal doesn't mean you can do that in the US.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cid View Post

                            Except, it's not. If I was earning $125,000 a year, my take home after taxes looks more like $90,000. That's something like $7500 a month. That much money won't last as long as you think it does when you're throwing out $1500 for a mortgage, another $1000 for health insurance, a few hundred here and there for car insurance, car payments, gasoline, and so forth, a few hundred for food, about another $1000 to $1500 for utilities and phones, and so on.

                            Just because you can survive on $3 a day in Portugal doesn't mean you can do that in the US.
                            Yeah.

                            We had an in exercise in a class about preparing for the real world, in high school.

                            On an average min wage salary, we basically had only a few hundred left over for anything besides the necessities...or so.

                            There was a video of a guy living on minimum wage for a month. Going out of his way to live like that.

                            Might dig through YT and show it to Doc to show how a budget can go from seemingly huge to barely anything after paying for everything you need.

                            At the very least, I heard the US has the smallest prices for food in terms of how much it chips at our budgets.

                            But...given everything else...
                            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Cid View Post

                              Except, it's not. If I was earning $125,000 a year, my take home after taxes looks more like $90,000. That's something like $7500 a month. That much money won't last as long as you think it does when you're throwing out $1500 for a mortgage, another $1000 for health insurance, a few hundred here and there for car insurance, car payments, gasoline, and so forth, a few hundred for food, about another $1000 to $1500 for utilities and phones, and so on.

                              Just because you can survive on $3 a day in Portugal doesn't mean you can do that in the US.
                              Literally just get a cheaper house and don't get health insurance because you should have universal healthcare by this point and there, I saved you like 2000 bucks.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                              Comment


                                https://youtu.be/wmSGEGOVI34

                                Here it is.

                                Pardon the format of the video, but it’s the only quick one I can find on my phone that I can retrieve RN.

                                Basically illustrates the point.

                                Accounting for the fact that as you go up you frequently get more things to pay for (like Mortgage), this is a nice illustration of how your money gets sucked up after you get it. It gets less bad as you go up...but only so much.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                                  Yeah.

                                  We had an in exercise in a class about preparing for the real world, in high school.

                                  On an average min wage salary, we basically had only a few hundred left over for anything besides the necessities...or so.

                                  There was a video of a guy living on minimum wage for a month. Going out of his way to live like that.

                                  Might dig through YT and show it to Doc to show how a budget can go from seemingly huge to barely anything after paying for everything you need.

                                  At the very least, I heard the US has the smallest prices for food in terms of how much it chips at our budgets.

                                  But...given everything else...
                                  As cheap as food is, it's still a pretty immensely costly expense if you're unable to do it all properly. I used to be able to shop in bulk for an entire month's worth of food at once. But my freezer went out and my budget for food dropped so I've had to go towards buying it on a weekly basis. And I'm forking out about $100 a week, on average, for my son and I. And that's mainly just providing him food to take to school and both of us with dinner every night. I rarely eat lunch and he gets breakfast at the school for free. Imagine if I were doing three meals per day for myself. I'm sure that $100 a week would jump to $150 - $175. But even as it is, $400 a month for food is a full third of what I make in a given month. It's kind of laughable to think people can survive beyond bare minimum on minimum wage.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                    As cheap as food is, it's still a pretty immensely costly expense if you're unable to do it all properly. I used to be able to shop in bulk for an entire month's worth of food at once. But my freezer went out and my budget for food dropped so I've had to go towards buying it on a weekly basis. And I'm forking out about $100 a week, on average, for my son and I. And that's mainly just providing him food to take to school and both of us with dinner every night. I rarely eat lunch and he gets breakfast at the school for free. Imagine if I were doing three meals per day for myself. I'm sure that $100 a week would jump to $150 - $175. But even as it is, $400 a month for food is a full third of what I make in a given month. It's kind of laughable to think people can survive beyond bare minimum on minimum wage.
                                    Well, they can. But the word is “survive,” after all.

                                    Not “live nice.”
                                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 01:48 PM.

                                    Comment


                                    • Cid
                                      Cid commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That's why I said "beyond bare minimum" at the end. I know you can "survive" on minimum wage. I did it for a few years. But I struggled, had to make tough choices, and couldn't always pay everything on due dates.

                                    Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

                                    Literally just get a cheaper house and don't get health insurance because you should have universal healthcare by this point and there, I saved you like 2000 bucks.
                                    I have a cheaper house. My current home is $350 a month. It's also a really shitty home in a shitty neighborhood and the loan was $40,000... Which is about a fourth of the price of a average home in the United States. A friend of mine just bought a medium size home (two bedrooms, 1400 square feet, in a decent neighborhood) and paid $110,000 for it. His mortgage is about $800 a month. Average home price in the US is higher than that, closer to $150,000, if I remember correctly.

                                    And we kind of have to have health insurance here, mate. The conservative politicians here that you've defended a few times don't believe in universal healthcare. So it's get health insurance or be slapped with a $300,000 medical bill when you get appendicitis and have to have the damn thing removed.
                                    Last edited by Cid; January 9th, 2019, 01:48 PM.

                                    Comment


                                    • RussianCoffeeAddict
                                      Editing a comment
                                      To be fair on Doc, he’s only ever made fun of this health care deficiency of ours...

                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                    My current home is $350 a month.
                                    So you're not wasting 1,500 then, what are you complaining about again, seems like you're saving money to me if you keep your current house when you're earning those 125k a year

                                    you could always get an apartment instead of complaining about actually having a house, literal first world problem

                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                    The conservative politicians here that you've defended a few times don't believe in universal healthcare.
                                    literally never did this in my entire life as i don't care enough about the united states of eagleburger to endorse one of your politicians
                                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                                    Comment


                                      Another case for universal health care is our constitution. Some have said health care is a “privilege,” not a “right.” But...

                                      The right to life basically necessitates an obligation of the government to ensure it does what it can to keep its citizens safe and healthy. This includes not murdering people randomly, but also that parts of society are not working to make other peoples’ lives...not alive. Hence why we criminalize murderers.

                                      Similarly, basic, guaranteed health care works under a similar idea, as its mostly corporations that are such an obstruction to peoples’ health.

                                      Once you grant the “right to life,” universal health care follows naturally when it’s a possibly feasible strategy.

                                      And the rest of the world basically proves it.

                                      Just something I kind of thought about from last year, tbqh, as I don’t always see this particular argument brought up outside of pointing to other countries that explicitly make health care a right.

                                      So Republicans are actually going back on “following the constitution,” by insisting on not providing a universal health care system.
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 9th, 2019, 02:03 PM.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X