No such thing as a poor American unless you're homeless
    Poor is a relative term, mate.

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Like who, Souls? He's not even people.
    And Timeless Writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      Poor is a relative term, mate.
      Poor means not having enough money to get homeschooled and go to college ;)
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        My dude. I love you, but I'm gonna have to ask you to stop with this. It hurts me.
        Okay ..

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
          Apparently poor means starving to death because you have literally no income, if 99% of America is rich.

Comment

The government actually paid for the entirety of my college education, perks of being poor... I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              Apparently poor means starving to death because you have literally no income, if 99% of America is rich.

poor
              /pɔː,pʊə/
              adjective
              1. 1.
                lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.
              Mr. Homeschooled has no right to complain about not living comfortably.
              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

poor
                /pɔː,pʊə/
                adjective
                1. 1.
                  lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.
                Mr. Homeschooled has no right to complain about not living comfortably.
                Hold on... Are you confusing being homeschooled with going to a private school? lmao

Comment

Hold on... Are you confusing being homeschooled with going to a private school? lmao
                  No? I'm saying homeschooling takes much more resources and money out of a family than letting their kid go to public school.

Comment

No? I'm saying homeschooling takes much more resources and money out of a family than letting their kid go to public school.
                    You seem to be of the persuasion that it's incredibly expensive. The program I attended had a flat, one-time registration fee of $500. After that, my parents had to buy the textbooks every year. Which they always got used for basically nothing because the pastor of the church they attended had his daughter in the same program and exactly one grade ahead of me. (they then turned around and sold the old textbooks for a small profit at the end of the year)

Even if they didn't get the text books used, they were nowhere near as expensive as college textbooks are. We did have to buy a math textbook one year and it was about $100.

I've looked into trying to homeschool my son... I estimated that, on average, it'll cost me about $500 a year after the initial registration fee.

Not a small chunk of change, but entirely doable if you're willing to put in some time and work a bit extra on the side.

Comment

We did have to buy a math textbook one year and it was about $100.
                      Jesus Christ, imagine paying 100 dollars for a middle school textbook.

Imagine paying 100 dollars for a college textbook lmao

Comment

Jesus Christ, imagine paying 100 dollars for a middle school textbook.

Imagine paying 100 dollars for a college textbook lmao
                        lol... You should see the receipts for my college textbooks, friend. Then maybe you'd understand how an American can make $1200 a month and still be poor.

Comment

doc probably should've stayed banned

Comment

lol... You should see the receipts for my college textbooks, friend. Then maybe you'd understand how an American can make $1200 a month and still be poor.
                            My family’s fairly “rich” (to me, I always consider the “rich” as the top 10% or so in a society), but even our finances were stressed a lot between:

1. A money leech leeching on another money leech attached to our money (my disowned brother is a shithead).

2. Accidents and cars.

3. Paying for my college finances in the first two years where it applied (food and textbooks).

4. Food and other essentials.

From what I can tell, we were having money vacuums every 2 weeks to month or so to fill in an interval stuck between ‘17 and ‘18, and they were big enough that my family was fairly worried they wouldn’t be able to keep up (and they popped out of fucking nowhere most of the time).

So yeah, having a fairly high income by some people’s standards won’t mean you’re living like a rich guy who could spend a year unemployed with no issues if there’s enough things trying to suck it all up...

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

I've maybe mocked someone when I was a kid because my brain wasn't fully developed. Now it is (for the most part) and I make every conscious decision to be polite and boring. I'm very out of the way and invisible irl

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
                              Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

• DokTOR.
                                DokTOR. commented
                                Editing a comment
                                based

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

My family’s fairly “rich” (to me, I always consider the “rich” as the top 10% or so in a society), but even our finances were stressed a lot between:

1. A money leech leeching on another money leech attached to our money (my disowned brother is a shithead).

2. Accidents and cars.

3. Paying for my college finances in the first two years where it applied (food and textbooks).

4. Food and other essentials.

From what I can tell, we were having money vacuums every 2 weeks to month or so to fill in an interval stuck between ‘17 and ‘18, and they were big enough that my family was fairly worried they wouldn’t be able to keep up (and they popped out of fucking nowhere most of the time).

So yeah, having a fairly high income by some people’s standards won’t mean you’re living like a rich guy who could spend a year unemployed with no issues if there’s enough things trying to suck it all up...
                              Yep. I make a pretty shit wage, about $1200 a month now that I've gotten a pay raise. (though I don't actually bring anywhere near that much home thanks to debts) And with that, I've got to raise a kid, pay car insurance, pay a mortgage, pay an electric bill, pay a gas bill, pay a water bill, and buy food. And those are the necessary expenses. I'm also throwing money at an internet bill, a cell bill, and this site's monthly hosting cost. $1200 plus what my brother pays in "rent" (about $600 more per month) and it still isn't enough to keep up with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post
                                doc probably should've stayed banned
                                n-

Comment

Damn, first time I consider myself lucky most of my lectures are powerpoint presentations I could just print for pocket change. Only expensive textbook I had to buy was BNF and even that was somewhat cheap compared to its absurd number of pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Damn, first time I consider myself lucky most of my lectures are powerpoint presentations I could just print for pocket change. Only expensive textbook I had to buy was BNF and even that was somewhat cheap compared to its absurd number of pages.
                                    In my first semester, I had to buy a physics book that, new, was over $300. I ended up getting a used one for $220.

Comment

In my first semester, I had to buy a physics book that, new, was over $300. I ended up getting a used one for $220.
                                      300 bucks is enough for 3 months' worth of tuition over here

lmaiong @ Americans

Comment

300 bucks is enough for 3 months' worth of tuition over here

lmaiong @ Americans
                                        "But Americunts can't be poor" - Doc

Comment

Working...
                                        X