Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldier 76 is gay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
    How do you feel about racism? It's pretty much the same thing
    I mean... It's Doc.

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      So why did people just stop playing Overwatch? I don't get it.
      Same reason how God of War IV and Fallout 4 were extremely popular for a week and then quickly fucked off; it was a meme game.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
        Idk why gay people are still abnormal to you guys
        They aren't, but having Soldier 76 introduced as gay would be much better than doing it years later. Specially since Overwatch isn't really a story-driven game and homosexuality isn't really a skill he can use in battle.

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

          I think that's supposed to be the point, that a character's sexuality doesn't make a difference. It's just a (slightly) different flavor than if there was some random lady that he was sad about. The point is that he's a depressed, grizzled old man with a lot of regrets.

          That was probably their angle with Tracer, but then it only made her hotter.
          They made him into a classic war vet hero. He had it all. From the patriotic attitude, outfits and lines to the grizzly attitude you expect out of a guy like him. He was nicked name as "Dad 76" by many in the community because he felt like a father figure with just how he carried himself and well ya know... 99% of people who view someone as a father figure also expects them to be straight. I'm not saying gay dads aren't real, but they don't perfectly fit the trope of a war vet as well as 76 did. So there's a sharp clash of ideas. He in no way shape or form hinted he was gay.

          They could've made 76 asexual and everyone would've shrugged it off and nodded saying it make sense. He isn't looking for love, he isn't interested in others, he's just a soldier doing his duty. Ok yea.. makes sense. I don't know. It is just weird and maybe that is it. I'm not use to it, I have not seen anything like this before and the clash of what I believe gay men general act like vs what I think soldiers act like clash so hard it just feels so weird!

          Even if I think about gay soldiers I would think at they very least they flirt from time to time, get a little frisky, something. Just human nature to be that way around those you are attracted to. Maybe it is just me and I'm finally slipping into the old school crowd.

          le sigh.

          Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
          I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
            Even if I think about gay soldiers I would think at they very least they flirt from time to time, get a little frisky, something. Just human nature to be that way around those you are attracted to. Maybe it is just me and I'm finally slipping into the old school crowd.
            No, you're just stereotyping... >_>

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by Cid View Post

              No, you're just stereotyping... >_>
              Wha? You don't flirt with cute girls when they are around you?

              Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
              I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                Wha? You don't flirt with cute girls when they are around you?
                No, not really. I find that most women don't appreciate random men flirting with them.

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                  No, not really. I find that most women don't appreciate random men flirting with them.
                  Random...? That's the problem. I don't flirt with random women. I get to know them first a little at least.

                  Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                  I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                    Random...? That's the problem. I don't flirt with random women. I get to know them first a little at least.
                    When you said it's "just human nature to be that way around those you are attracted to" I thought the implication was that that it's human nature to flirt with anybody attractive. Sure, if you've gotten to know a person sufficiently well, you're attracted to them, and there's no moral reason to abstain from flirting... Yeah, we tend to do it. That doesn't really apply to active duty soldiers, though. They're on the job and by most metrics, it's immoral to flirt with your coworkers.

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by Cid View Post

                      When you said it's "just human nature to be that way around those you are attracted to" I thought the implication was that that it's human nature to flirt with anybody attractive. Sure, if you've gotten to know a person sufficiently well, you're attracted to them, and there's no moral reason to abstain from flirting... Yeah, we tend to do it. That doesn't really apply to active duty soldiers, though. They're on the job and by most metrics, it's immoral to flirt with your coworkers.
                      Immortal to date said coworkers. No one said anything about flirting.

                      Also I can't help but wonder if we have two different definitions of flirt.

                      Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                      Comment


                        #31
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                        They could've made 76 asexual and everyone would've shrugged it off and nodded saying it make sense. He isn't looking for love, he isn't interested in others, he's just a soldier doing his duty. Ok yea.. makes sense. I don't know. It is just weird and maybe that is it. I'm not use to it, I have not seen anything like this before and the clash of what I believe gay men general act like vs what I think soldiers act like clash so hard it just feels so weird!

                        Even if I think about gay soldiers I would think at they very least they flirt from time to time, get a little frisky, something. Just human nature to be that way around those you are attracted to. Maybe it is just me and I'm finally slipping into the old school crowd.

                        le sigh.
                        At this point, I'm going to guess that Soldier is functionally asexual. This was an old flame that went out decades ago, and he's a shadow of the person he once was. Why would a tired war vet with self-loading issues be flirting with random guys on the battlefield? You can be gay without being a flaming "We're-here-we're-queer-get-used-to-it" kind of character.

                        Comment


                          #32
                          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          a tired war vet with self-loading issues
                          I'm really hoping the "self-loading" issues he has are with his guns... And not... You know...

                          Comment


                            #33
                            Originally posted by Cid View Post

                            I'm really hoping the "self-loading" issues he has are with his guns... And not... You know...
                            No, that was autocorrect. I meant "self-loathing" issues.

                            Although, to be fair, I hear that happens to a fella when he gets old enough...

                            Comment


                            • Cid
                              Cid commented
                              Editing a comment

                            #34
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                            Immortal to date said coworkers. No one said anything about flirting.

                            Also I can't help but wonder if we have two different definitions of flirt.
                            Flirt = trying to get in someone's pants

                            Comment


                            • Cid
                              Cid commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I mean... Yeah, basically.

                            #35
                            Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

                            Flirt = trying to get in someone's pants
                            Well I'm referring to harmless flirting and this is a solid description of it:

                            "Most commonly I see it when a mature person is flirting with a younger one. A old man flirting with a beautiful young women. A old women flirting with a younger man.

                            What makes it harmless? Their intentions. They are not trying to sleep with you. They are not trying to get you. They are not doing anything they would not do in front of their partner (usually they do such things in front of their partner). They are having fun and making someone feel good about themselves."

                            https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...mless-flirting



                            I've done this all the time with people online in various games full well knowing it isn't going anywhere.

                            Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                            I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                            Comment


                              #36
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                              Well I'm referring to harmless flirting and this is a solid description of it:

                              "Most commonly I see it when a mature person is flirting with a younger one. A old man flirting with a beautiful young women. A old women flirting with a younger man.

                              What makes it harmless? Their intentions. They are not trying to sleep with you. They are not trying to get you. They are not doing anything they would not do in front of their partner (usually they do such things in front of their partner). They are having fun and making someone feel good about themselves."

                              https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...mless-flirting



                              I've done this all the time with people online in various games full well knowing it isn't going anywhere.
                              I wouldn't flirt with anyone but my partner lol. It's just risky.

                              Comment


                                #37
                                Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                                Well I'm referring to harmless flirting and this is a solid description of it:

                                "Most commonly I see it when a mature person is flirting with a younger one. A old man flirting with a beautiful young women. A old women flirting with a younger man.

                                What makes it harmless? Their intentions. They are not trying to sleep with you. They are not trying to get you. They are not doing anything they would not do in front of their partner (usually they do such things in front of their partner). They are having fun and making someone feel good about themselves."

                                https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...mless-flirting



                                I've done this all the time with people online in various games full well knowing it isn't going anywhere.
                                If you do that at work, it's only a matter of time before you find yourself slapped with a sexual harassment charge, or in the military you'd be court martialed in a heartbeat.

                                remember, intent doesn't matter when it comes to sexual harassment charges. that's the day and age we live in because people like Bill O'Riley.

                                Comment


                                  #38
                                  Soldier 76 should have been Overwatch's mascot since they both suck dick.
                                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                  I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
                                  Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

                                  Comment


                                    #39
                                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                                    Well I'm referring to harmless flirting and this is a solid description of it:

                                    "Most commonly I see it when a mature person is flirting with a younger one. A old man flirting with a beautiful young women. A old women flirting with a younger man.

                                    What makes it harmless? Their intentions. They are not trying to sleep with you. They are not trying to get you. They are not doing anything they would not do in front of their partner (usually they do such things in front of their partner). They are having fun and making someone feel good about themselves."

                                    https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-m...mless-flirting



                                    I've done this all the time with people online in various games full well knowing it isn't going anywhere.
                                    Whether that's harmless or not irl it's still really out of character for Soldier. Hell, Mcree doesn't even flirt much and he's the one going through a cowboy-based midlife crisis.

                                    Comment


                                      #40
                                      I mean, he was pretty gay before the reveal, so I'm not sure why everyone is surprised.
                                      Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                                      Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
                                      PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X