Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

That does sound underwhelming.
    And at this point I honestly believe it.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I'm trying to understand but my solid foundation of good morales, what is right and wrong, and my upbringing in church just can't make any sense of this crazy world we live in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
      And at this point I honestly believe it.
      Minecraft and a random Square Enix character makes sense. I don't know crap about Granblu Fantasy though. But Nintendo and Micosoft seem to be working well enough together that seeing Steve in the game makes sense from a marketing perspective... Though Banjo Kazooie would be a better option from the fan perspective. I'd imagine Nintendo would be hoping that a Minecraft pack would draw new players in.

And the random SE character... Maybe Lara Croft? I've been waiting to see her crop up in a fighting game since Square has been lending its characters out. I don't see Final Fantasy XV or Nier Automata getting in Smash since Square gave Noctis to Tekken and 2B to Soul Calibur. Sora would make sense with Kingdom Hearts 3's release in January and he fits the style, but that would be the smart choice and I don't think the smart choice is going to happen. Dragon Quest, maybe?

Comment

Banjo is never going to happen.
        I'm trying to understand but my solid foundation of good morales, what is right and wrong, and my upbringing in church just can't make any sense of this crazy world we live in now.

Comment

Banjo is never going to happen.
          Haha yeah.

Comment

accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Minecraft and a random Square Enix character makes sense. I don't know crap about Granblu Fantasy though. But Nintendo and Micosoft seem to be working well enough together that seeing Steve in the game makes sense from a marketing perspective... Though Banjo Kazooie would be a better option from the fan perspective. I'd imagine Nintendo would be hoping that a Minecraft pack would draw new players in.

And the random SE character... Maybe Lara Croft? I've been waiting to see her crop up in a fighting game since Square has been lending its characters out. I don't see Final Fantasy XV or Nier Automata getting in Smash since Square gave Noctis to Tekken and 2B to Soul Calibur. Sora would make sense with Kingdom Hearts 3's release in January and he fits the style, but that would be the smart choice and I don't think the smart choice is going to happen. Dragon Quest, maybe?
              Sakurai is a massive sucker for retro reps, what else is more retro than Dragon Quest? Wolfenstein doesn't fit Smash. Bomberman is an Assist Trophy (RIP). I guess Frogger, but that'd be really hard to make a moveset out of. Shin Megami Tensei? Contra? Out of all these, Dragon Quest is the one that fits Smash the most. Now, Smash isn't about being retro-only, so I could see Sora getting in also. He's a tricky one because of Disney though.

It's going to be a shame if Square rep is wasted on the dumb Smash circlejerk puppet, Geno, instead of characters that are popular outside of Smash or relevant to video game history.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                Wolfenstein doesn't fit Smash.
                Neither does Bayonetta. Didn't stop Sakurai from shoving that giraffe in and lying about her winning the ballot.

Comment

Just got my code for Piranha Plant in my e-mail this morning. Went ahead and redeemed it just now.
                  Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                  Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
                  PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

tfw this tier whoring spaniard is going to get my main nerfed repeatedly

Comment

With the changes made to adult Link, it's beginning to look like I may have to switch to Young Link. So it's good to see the character is competitive.

Comment

Lon-Lon Ranch switched over to making soy milk and it ended up ruining adult Link's moveset.

Comment

So some people have got ahold of the game early and have been dumping the soundtrack.

Just 1 of well over a dozen new Mega Man remixes.

Comment

Won moar day!

SW-8005-4180-0644

Add me so I can kick your ass, losers.

Comment

Someday I'll buy a switch and I'll show you all how to play like a real man.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                Someday I'll buy a switch and I'll show you all how to play like a real man.
                                You will try.

Comment

>supporting nintendo's online service

things that make you go yikes

Comment

>supporting nintendo's online service

things that make you go yikes
                                    I'm still willing to argue that it's no worse than Xbox Live or Playstation Plus. If they were trying to charge us $50 or $60 a year, I wouldn't support it. But at $20, I've got no issue with it.

Comment

Why would you pay for nintendo online when you can play Fortnite for the Switch for free

Comment

Now that I have Smash and Mario Kart, I'll gladly buy a family pack for online service. The family packs are still less than Xbox or PS subs. lol
                                        If they add some SNES games to the subscription library, or the 3 games I want on NES (Godzilla, Godzilla 2, and Swamp Thing), then I'll be even more willing to buy the service.
                                        45 for a year on up to 8 accounts is pretty fucking great.
                                        Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                                        Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
                                        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                                          Why would you pay for nintendo online when you can play Fortnite for the Switch for free
                                          Why would anyone ever want to play Fortnite?

Comment

Working...
                                          X