Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

    Just saw that there wasn't a topic yet, which is weird. Now there is one.

    Was wondering if I could pull the Hi-Res character renders off of the official website and discovered they've all got a repetitive naming scheme.

    https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/REPLACE_THIS_WITH_CHARACTER'S_NAME/main.png

    Putting a couple in spoilers too.

    Cloud



    Link



    Snake



    Captain Falcon



    Zelda



    Ridley

    Last edited by Cid; July 27th, 2018, 11:18 PM.

    #2
    We gotta get some friend codes up.

    Does the switch have friend codes?
    (Just waiting for another set)

    Comment


      #3
      Uh Cid you're forgetting someone.


      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      Quiet cathartic really.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        We gotta get some friend codes up.

        Does the switch have friend codes?
        Yes, it has friend codes. Might Edit your post as a FC directory when I'm not lazy.

        Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        Uh Cid you're forgetting someone.

        lol. Who even is that lame-o?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cid View Post
          lol. Who even is that lame-o?
          That's Geno and he's going to kick the shit out of Cloud in his reveal trailer mark my words.
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
          Quiet cathartic really.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
            That's Geno and he's going to kick the shit out of Cloud in his reveal trailer mark my words.
            Hey, you know who else I forgot?


            Last edited by Cid; July 28th, 2018, 12:16 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Cid View Post

              Hey, you know who else I forgot?

              Yup. It's him.
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
              Quiet cathartic really.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                Yup. It's him.
                I'm just kidding.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                  I'm just kidding.
                  And hopefully so is Sakurai hahaha
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                  Quiet cathartic really.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well a Nintendo direct is happening tomorrow place your bets guys.
                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                    Quiet cathartic really.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                      Well a Nintendo direct is happening tomorrow place your bets guys.
                      MAYBE THEY'LL FINALLY REVEAL WALUIGI.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Cid View Post

                        MAYBE THEY'LL FINALLY REVEAL WALUIGI.
                        >assist trophy opens up
                        >it's Skull Kid
                        >yup it's him

                        I think I would actually shrivel up and die right there on the spot tbh.
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                        Quiet cathartic really.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                          >assist trophy opens up
                          >it's Skull Kid
                          >yup it's him

                          I think I would actually shrivel up and die right there on the spot tbh.
                          Fingers crossed it happens then.

                          Seriously though, Skull Kid would be amazing.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Cid View Post

                            Fingers crossed it happens then.

                            Seriously though, Skull Kid would be amazing.
                            He was also the very first Smash 4 assist trophy ever shown. I dunno but if he was anything but playable I feel like they would have gotten that out of the way by now.
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            Quiet cathartic really.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                              He was also the very first Smash 4 assist trophy ever shown. I dunno but if he was anything but playable I feel like they would have gotten that out of the way by now.
                              Wasn't he one of the most highly requested characters? If so, it would make a lot of sense to save his reveal until the last direct before launch. You want something big to keep the hype up for the title going into launch. You can't end your marketing push with a whimper.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                Wasn't he one of the most highly requested characters? If so, it would make a lot of sense to save his reveal until the last direct before launch. You want something big to keep the hype up for the title going into launch. You can't end your marketing push with a whimper.
                                Sakurai even went out of his way to clarify he was an assist trophy. He knew Skull Kid was popular but didn't make him playable since Smash 4 was all about shilling recent games.

                                He also won a huge poll back in 2012 with Mega Man taking second place.
                                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                Quiet cathartic really.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                  Sakurai even went out of his way to clarify he was an assist trophy. He knew Skull Kid was popular but didn't make him playable since Smash 4 was all about shilling recent games.

                                  He also won a huge poll back in 2012 with Mega Man taking second place.
                                  He's just trolling you. He's going to do a fake out reveal, make you think it's Skull Kid, but then it's going to turn into another Fire Emblem character.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                    He's just trolling you. He's going to do a fake out reveal, make you think it's Skull Kid, but then it's going to turn into another Fire Emblem character.
                                    tfw Zelda can't have any characters besides the main 3 but Fire Emblem always gets whatever new flavor of the month counterboi autistic waifufags jerk off to
                                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                    Quiet cathartic really.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                      tfw Zelda can't have any characters besides the main 3 but Fire Emblem always gets whatever new flavor of the month counterboi autistic waifufags jerk off to
                                      Random FE character that was only in one game for 3 minutes joins the battle!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                        Random FE character that was only in one game for 3 minutes joins the battle!
                                        "Prease be excited."
                                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                        Quiet cathartic really.

                                        Comment

                                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

                                        Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                        Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X