Magic The Gathering: Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I think I need to hold onto my Opts and my Jump-starts and stuff.
    ...you're supposed to be setting yourself up for turns where you combo out 3 spells at a time + abusing the discard / mill effects on chart a course and discovery, if you can throw a phoenix into your graveyard on turn 2.

Have you not been doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

...you're supposed to be setting yourself up for turns where you combo out 3 spells at a time + abusing the discard / mill effects on chart a course and discovery, if you can throw a phoenix into your graveyard on turn 2.

Have you not been doing that?
      I've been doing that, but I've also just been prioritizing getting a few instants in the graveyard for Crackling Dragon to be a threat, and usually by then all I need is one or two of those out on the field.

Also I need to have phoenix in my hand or the next card up to toss it in the graveyard, and I've been having shit luck with that.

Comment

So I played a mirror match against a Phoenix deck that ended up beating me. He was able to trigger arclight to come out three or four times, usually just with random cards like maximize velocity or the other maximize card. Maybe I should focus more on one-mana cards instead of bigger things.

I took out Enigma Drake for a few cheap spells, but then I didn't have any creatures. Maybe I'm fucking up the deck balance too much rn, I dunno. I still don't have enough draw power to reliably get my hands on a phoenix though, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

ME: "...maybe this will be the set they stop printing dumb shit for mono-red aggro, and the deck finally drops off post-rotation.

WIZARDS OF THE COAST:

Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; February 1st, 2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Well, that's peachy

Comment

Haven't had a chance to do any Arena drafting since the baby was born. Which is kinda shit, cause I really enjoyed drafting Guilds of Ravnica and haven't had a chance yet to do much in the way of playing around with Allegiance.

Main differences I say between GoR Limited and Allegiance:

1) There's no aggro deck in Allegiance thats as good as Boros (Rakdos and Orzohv are pretty aggresive. But they aren't going to beat you down as quickly as a good Boros deck)

2) Theres a much, much much, much higher viability to + payoff for drafting a multi-guild deck where you just try to draft as many guildgates as possible and then play the best cards in each color, rather than drafting 2 colors and focusing on a specific guild theme.

^^^
              Turn 5 gate colossus off of 3 gates is fucking silly. (Oh??? You have a removal spell? Oh no--I guess I'll have to drop another guildgate! lol Hope you can do that again in 2 turns!)

^^^

This card is Hilarious. The thing I love most about it is the rules clarification WoTC released, in response to so many players asking What happens if you control this enchantment and you play a creature that already has riot? Is it redundant, or can a creature enter play with multiple instances of riot?

Official Statement From Wizards:

"If a creature enters the battlefield with two instances of riot, you may choose to have it get two +1/+1 counters, one +1/+1 counter and haste, or two instances of haste. Multiple instances of haste on the same creature are redundant, but we’re not going to tell the Gruul how to live their lives."

lol the bolded is why I love MtG

Developers have a sense of humor in all the right ways
              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 12th, 2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X