Dark Souls Remastered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
    What you didn't like invading all those gank squads?
    Exaclty.

All though I did like how it forced me to accept more "dishonourable" strategies. The time I spent as a jar in the Catacombs baiting groups of scrubs into traps was some of the best gaming time of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Falsey View Post
      Exaclty.

All though I did like how it forced me to accept more "dishonourable" strategies. The time I spent as a jar in the Catacombs baiting groups of scrubs into traps was some of the best gaming time of my life.
      Yeah you aren't winning DS3 invasions by playing fair lol.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Man I can't wait to see how much was remas-

Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Man I can't wait to see how much was remas-

Something doesn't look or feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
            Something doesn't look or feel right.
            How do you fuck up a remaster so bad that the original version looks like the remaster? Holy shit lmao.
            Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

How do you fuck up a remaster so bad that the original version looks like the remaster? Holy shit lmao.
              I mean, I'll still get it cause I never played DS1 but, goddammit man. I think what makes it even worse is that the original has better coloring. The remaster looks very bland in that regard.

Comment

I mean, I'll still get it cause I never played DS1 but, goddammit man. I think what makes it even worse is that the original has better coloring. The remaster looks very bland in that regard.
                Yeah the color pallet looks more dull and washed out like DS3's. Just look at how the metal doesn't shine as much. In that last screenshot you can see just how much more flat and obvious the repeating texture on the stair railing is compared to the original. And that fucking tunnel screenshot lmao.

Should change this thread to Dark Souls Demastered.
                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Is that the Switch version? Has the Console/PC version been shown?

I was thinking of picking this up just for the novelty of being around when everyone is playing. But paying $20(We better get a discount) for a game that looks worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

I was thinking of picking this up just for the novelty of being around when everyone is playing. But paying $20(We better get a discount) for a game that looks worse...
                    All of those shots are from the PS4/Xbox version.
                    Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

yeah, this has to be the Switch version

Comment

The funny part is the Switch version actually looks better because it looks exactly the same as the original. How do you fuck up a remaster so bad that the shitass Switch version looks the best? God what a hackjob lol.

And it just keeps getting better lmao.

Last edited by Pocket Rocket; April 4th, 2018, 07:43 PM.
                        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Damn how do you fuck up that badly lol. Hell, just give it to some modders they do a damn good job.

Comment

Original version is on Steam and is Xbox backwards compatible, so at least there's a 50% chance that people can just get the original.
                            Last edited by OrganizationXV; April 5th, 2018, 10:14 AM.
                            (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Played the network test a few times. I invaded and killed so many people lol. Almost nobody was wearing a full armor set either.
                              Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Dunno if anyone else got this game yet, but I swear they did something to fuck with the matchmaking. I've made it to Quelagg and haven't been invaded a single time yet. I can invade other people and co-op, but not a single invasion from another player in my world. I read something about it looking like they implemented a worse version of DK3's weapon matchmaking system, where if you pick up an item that needs twinkling titanite (which I have) you automatically get bumped up into higher weapon upgrade tiers which pretty much kills any online activity at early game. Pretty fucking stupid if that's true tbh.
                                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

• Doctor.
                                  Doctor. commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Good, invasions are bullshit anyway

• Pocket Rocket
                                  Pocket Rocket commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Invasions are more fun than tryhard "muh honor" duels but it get's ruined by Dark Souls 1 having especially shit pvp (even by Souls standards) that revolves entirely around backstab fishing and cancer meme spells.

So I finally got through the DLC area for the first time. I like it better than both of DS3's DLC areas. Oolacile Township was what the Ringed City should have been more like. You get to explore just about the entire town and there's a bunch of tucked away places and secrets.

Also fuck Kalameet. Trying to cut his tail off is harder than actually fighting him lol.
                                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

This had me in tears.

Comment

I think this just might be the worst remaster of the last decade lmao
                                    Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

And apparently twinking is even worse than it was in the OG Dark Souls 1.

Comment

And apparently twinking is even worse than it was in the OG Dark Souls 1.
                                        Yeah they tried to make it harder to twink but they just ended up making it easier since spell casting tools aren't counted for the weapon matchmaking. Just get Dark Bead/Pursuers, that gay looking Dusk Crown, and level up your armor to max (also not counted for the matchmaking) and you're all set.

Why are Japs so inept when it comes to trying to balance shit lol
                                        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X