X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Fantasy cards: Rate them

Lornful Siren 1U
    Creature - Siren - C
    T: Target creature attacks this turn if able.
    1/2

===

Fanaticism XB
    Sorcery - U
    As an additional cost to play Fanaticism, pay X life.
    Draw X cards.

===

Mage Arrow 1R
    Instant - R
    Mage Arrow counts as a colorless spell instead of a red spell.
    Players can't play spells or abilities while Mage Arrow is on the Stack.
    Mage Arrow deals 2 damage to target creature. That creature can't be regenerated this turn.

===

Fungal Titan 2GG
    Creature - Thallid - R
    At the beginning of your Upkeep, if Fungal Titan is on the Battlefield or in your Graveyard, put a 1/1 Green Saproling creature token onto the Battlefield.
    2/2

===

Ghost Hunter 1W
    Creature - Wizard - U
    T: Destroy target token creature.
    1/2

===

Ice Shard 2
    Artifact - U
    T: Tap target permanent. Ice Shard does not untap during your next Untap step.

On a scale of 1 star to 6 stars, with 5 stars being the best a fair card should be, and 6 stars being broken (too good).

Power Word: Stun 1UU
    Instant - R
    Tap target creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next Untap step. If the target creature is a token, exile it instead.
    Draw a card.

Jakenapes UU
    Creature - Shapeshifter - R
    3U, Discard a card: Jakenapes loses this ability permanently and gains +3/+3 permanently.
    2/2

===

Power Word: Kill B
    Instant - R
    Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less.

Elder Orb 3BB
    Creature - Beholder - R
    0: Tap target creature. Use this ability only once each turn.
    4/4

===

Love Token RRR
    Instant - R
    Untap up to three target lands.
    Untap target creature and gain control of it until end of turn. That creature gains Haste until end of turn.

Crash of Dragons 4RRR
    Creature - Dragon - R
    Flying. Trample.
    Whenever Crash of Dragons enters the Battlefield, put a 6/6 Red Dragon creature token with Flying and Trample onto the Battlefield.
    6/6

===

Short-Faced Bear 1G
    Creature - Bear - R
    1G: Short-Faced bear gains +2/+2 until end of turn. Use this ability only once each turn.
    2/2

Widow Maker GG
    Sorcery - R
    Sacrifice a Forest: Destroy target creature with Flying.

===

Paragon of Gathering Mist 1W
    Creature - Knight- R
    First Strike.
    1U: Paragon of Gathering Mist Phases Out.
    2/2

Land Levy W
    Sorcery - R
    If you control the fewest lands among players, search through your Library for up to two Plains cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your Library.

===

Staff of Sanctuary 3
    Artifact - R
    3, T: Exile target creature you control, then return it to the Battlefield at the beginning of your next turn's upkeep.

Time Lock Knight 4
    Artifact Creature - Knight - R
    You may discard a card instead of paying Time Lock Knight's mana cost.
    Flanking.
    2/2

===

Permafrost
    Land - R
    T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
    1, T: Permafrost deals 1 damage to target attacking creature.

Sanctuary of Solitude
    Land - R
    T: Add 1 to your mana pool for each Sanctuary of Solitude you control.
    Last edited by Wade; November 5th, 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Good question. I guess a 4 or a 5, depending on the set I guess it could be a 6 for the price. If you're going against either big guys or token spammers that'd be a staple I think.

The thing about this card is that usually 'tap and it doesn't untap for its next untap step' effects are a lot more expensive than they should be in the main game (imo), so I'm not sure how to fairly rate it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        Good question. I guess a 4 or a 5, depending on the set I guess it could be a 6 for the price. If you're going against either big guys or token spammers that'd be a staple I think.

The thing about this card is that usually 'tap and it doesn't untap for its next untap step' effects are a lot more expensive than they should be in the main game (imo), so I'm not sure how to fairly rate it.
        I agree that tap effects are usually more expensive than they should be.

I would rate "Twitch" as a 3 star card, but would rate my own "Power Word: Stun" as a 5 stars card.

I added more cards: One spell and one creature of each card type and two lands.

What do you think of "Staff of Sanctuary"?

Well, in fact, my intention is that every card I make would be a 5 stars card.

I dislike opening packs of new cards and finding junk cards, and I'm like, "I would never play that card!"
        Last edited by Wade; December 27th, 2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

I agree that tap effects are usually more expensive than they should be.

I would rate "Twitch" as a 3 star card, but would rate my own "Power Word: Stun" as a 5 stars card.

I added more cards: One spell and one creature of each card type and two lands.

What do you think of "Staff of Sanctuary"?
          Staff of Sanctuary is potentially a 6 if exiling/returning acts the way I think it does. Isn't it basically a delayed regeneration? That can be real OP if you can use it on any creature... although it is limited by the fact that you can only do it once, so I guess it could be a 5.

Comment

Staff of Sanctuary is potentially a 6 if exiling/returning acts the way I think it does. Isn't it basically a delayed regeneration? That can be real OP if you can use it on any creature... although it is limited by the fact that you can only do it once, so I guess it could be a 5.
            I think it's a 5, but saving some very powerful creatures with it could produce combos that would be easily game-winning. Thraggtusk(5) would be ridiculous with this, but not unbeatable.

Comment

I think it's a 5, but saving some very powerful creatures with it could produce combos that would be easily game-winning. Thraggtusk(5) would be ridiculous with this, but not unbeatable.
              Imagine putting it in an Eldrazi deck, though.
              That card
              +

+any other attacker
              =
              a win.

Granted, Eldrazi aren't still in rotation, but that'd be sick af.

Comment

You don't even need that. Taunting Elf:

https://res.cloudinary.com/csicdn/im...ting%20Elf.jpg

Comment

The Watchers 4WWW
                  Creature - Angel - R
                  Flying. Vigilance.
                  Whenever The Watchers enters or leaves the Battlefield, put a 4/4 White Angel creature token with Flying and Vigilance onto the Battlefield.
                  5/5

Comment

Bloodleaf Hero 2G
                    Creature - Elf - U
                    Flash.
                    Whenever Bloodleaf Hero enters the battlefield, target creature gains +2/+2 until end of turn.
                    2/2

Comment

Black Arrow 2BB
                      Sorcery - R
                      Target player gains a poison counter. If a player has 10 poison counters they lose the game. Return Black Arrow to its owner's hand instead of putting it into their Graveyard.

Comment

Any infect card is generally really cheap. And if this isn't in the New Phyrexia block, then there isn't gonna be much support against it either.

Man, I don't know how to rate it though, because the price could definitely be fair. A turn 14 win isn't that scary, and it puts you behind on tempo. Mana ramping and stalling exist for a reason, though... Then again, So does discarding, and based on the wording Cancel could fuck it up.

Comment

It's an Mono-Black Control card. You got like 4 Duress and 4 Hymns to guard against counters.

Comment

Condemn W
                            Enchantment Aura - R
                            Flash.
                            Enchanted creature gains "Cumulative Upkeep: 1" permanently.

0 stars is shitty.
                            5 stars is as good as a card should be.
                            6 stars is "broken".
                            Last edited by Wade; January 4th, 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

What does Cumulative Upkeep mean?

You play way more old-school mtg than I do.

Comment

What does Cumulative Upkeep mean?

You play way more old-school mtg than I do.
                                Cumulative Upkeep means that the Upkeep grows by the original amount each time you are required to pay it.

So "Cumulative Upkeep: 1" means this:

Turn 1 Upkeep: 1
                                Turn 2 Upkeep: 2
                                Turn 3 Upkeep: 3
                                Turn 3 Upkeep: 4
                                etc.

Cumulative Upkeep only appeared on a few cards, Illusions of Grandeur was one of them.

So this card eventually kills the creature, because the upkeep cost on the enemy creature eventually grows too high to pay.
                                Last edited by Wade; January 4th, 2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Oh, so every turn you have to pay extra to keep it on the field? That's mean lol, but I think it's only situationally good.
                                  Last edited by OrganizationXV; January 4th, 2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Perfect Wish UBRGW
                                    Sorcery - R
                                    Draw seven cards.
                                    For the remainder of the game, you have no maximum hand size.

Comment

Perfect Wish UBRGW
                                      Sorcery - R
                                      Draw seven cards.
                                      For the remainder of the game, you have no maximum hand size.
                                      That one seems a bit too costly for what it does. Venser's journal is better and it's totally colorless.

Comment

That one seems a bit too costly for what it does. Venser's journal is better and it's totally colorless.
                                        Based on the "Rule of Four", Perfect Wish is better than Thraggtusk, which is a 5.5 stars card.

Comment

Working...
                                        X