tha Pokemon Online / Pokemon Showdown thraed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Imagine putting 100+ hours of play time into pokemon so that you could make mostly the same team you spent 100+ hours on the last game to make, then getting $60 ready once the new game gets announced so you can make the same team again.

then imagine getting pissed because you don't have the same pokemon again.
    literally the FIFA of RPGs

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Imagine putting 100+ hours of play time into pokemon so that you could make mostly the same team you spent 100+ hours on the last game to make, then getting $60 ready once the new game gets announced so you can make the same team again.

then imagine getting pissed because you don't have the same pokemon again.
      To be fair, even though Swoosh is a shit game, they made it so you can change natures, IVs, EVs and movepools without much effort or grinding. And online battles are at level 50 now since Gen 5 or 6. You could get a battle ready team in a day probably. Only thing that probably requires grinding is shinies now and they already buffed the rate like crazy anyway. Not to mention once Home opens up, you can transfer any old mon you already have, and on the off chance it's not competitively bred, you can just make it battle ready in minutes assuming you have the coinage or whatever

They have been making a small effort every game to make the competitive side more accessible, too bad the actual meta itself has been getting worse and worse since Gen 4

Smogon's already talking about banning dynamax on day 2 lmao
      Last edited by DokTOR.; November 16th, 2019, 03:25 PM.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

You guys gotta remember that most pros probably don't breed or even train their own mons lol. They hack them into their games with all the needed IVs/EVs/egg moves/nature/shininess, etc, so the amount of time spent in the game trying to get a shiny Jolly nature Groudon with perfect IVs and 252/252 EVs in Phys Atk and Speed will be cut down substantially. As long as the combination is legal, GF allows it.

which is great, imo. the VGCs would be substantially less interesting if you took away such a great tool for teambuilding.

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        That's exactly why it amazes me. There's really no reason to put up with Gamefreak's mediocre everything when you can just get right to the gameplay for free. Unless you want to watch the gripping tale of a little British boy stopping the evil team with his tranny flag colored buttplug Pokemon lol.
        yea, I dont get the appeal myself but it sells like hotcakes still. i guess its pokemon, so they just decide to buy it for that, but for me completing Soul Silver and Black 2 was enough to sate my want for pokemon games. At least, until they make something that isnt an extended tutorial.

Comment

bro, someone explain to me the logic behind Centiskorch lol

It is a near-ten foot long centipede (mega YIKES) and yet its speed stat is 65. WTF????

a house centipede's speed scaled up to human size would be 45 MPH, TWICE the best recorded speed of Usain Bolt. that speed would be several magnitudes faster still for a 10 foot centipede. 65 base speed, that is hot bs, Centiskorch should at least be 115 goddamnit gamefrik.

Comment

so, triple post, but im still sifting thru all the new mons and ive come across this gen's pseudo-legendary

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

definitely alot more specialized for speed. T-Tar was an offensive monster but it was pretty slow, and Goodra was definitely meant for a more passive tanky role. Everyone else was just pretty rounded and able to take on a variety of roles, but this guy is fast as all heck. it's one of the highest speed stats in the game lol, 142? holy crap. too bad they didnt go even more balls to the wall with it and make its atk or spec atk sky-high. They did give this thing Dragon Dance though which is going to be pretty insane. Unfortunately, its secondary typing(Ghost) got screwed a bit since its moves are either going to be Phantom Force which takes two turns, or a 1-turn move with a very subpar base power. I'm getting the craziest sensation of deja vu
            Last edited by Helly; November 16th, 2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

It doesn't even get EQ.....damn....is that a first for the pseudo-legendaries? Is Dragapult the first 600 BST mon to not have EQ? It gets hard-walled by steel-stypes :( (at least, unless you save a moveslot for a special fire-type move)

still, though, DD when your speed is 142 is going to be insane
              Last edited by Helly; November 16th, 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                It doesn't even get EQ.....damn....is that a first for the pseudo-legendaries? Is Dragapult the first 600 BST mon to not have EQ? It gets hard-walled by steel-stypes :( (at least, unless you save a moveslot for a special fire-type move)

still, though, DD when your speed is 142 is going to be insane
                u know you can already play with these mons on Showdown right
                Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/g...eta-1011240558

BROS seriously dynamax is broken
                  Ik it's low ladder but still

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

u know you can already play with these mons on Showdown right

nah im waiting for that dynamax shit to get banned

i can deal with weather wars, i can deal with mega evolution stat buffs, i can even deal with z-moves that kill your mon and give your opponent a power boost in the same turn up to a certain point. I can't deal with all three of those things happening all at once each fucking turn for three turns. lol. that shit is just retarded.

idk wtf GF was thinking. I've seen fanmade pokemon that weren't this stupid. It's going to be even worse in doubles where the battles are much shorter, those 3 turns will be straight up GG lol, gen 8 VGC is looking to be the WOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

nah im waiting for that dynamax shit to get banned

i can deal with weather wars, i can deal with mega evolution stat buffs, i can even deal with z-moves that kill your mon and give your opponent a power boost in the same turn up to a certain point. I can't deal with all three of those things happening all at once each fucking turn for three turns. lol. that shit is just retarded.

idk wtf GF was thinking. I've seen fanmade pokemon that weren't this stupid. It's going to be even worse in doubles where the battles are much shorter, those 3 turns will be straight up GG lol, gen 8 VGC is looking to be the WOAT.
                      They weren't thinking, they rushed the game and needed a gimmick to save sales lol

Comment

Dynamax is really dumb lmao. Especially flying.

Although Barraskewda is broken even without it. They really min maxed the shit out of that thing's stats. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                          Dynamax is really dumb lmao. Especially flying.

Although Barraskewda is broken even without it. They really min maxed the shit out of that thing's stats. lol
                          252 Atk Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 170-200 (55.9 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Lol get this beast out of here

Comment

Yeah Dynamex is anti-competitive jank.

Imposter Ditto is a more-or-less required piece of any top-of-the-ladder viable squad right now, as counter-play against the otherwise unstoppable sweeps that go off when you blow up something like--sayyyyy--gyarados. Just for an idea of how degenerate beta OU is atm.
                            Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; November 18th, 2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Yeah Bullshit. Thats an Uber. (only reason it wasn't uber right alongside Kyurem-W for the past 3 gens was because its movepool was so shit)

What I'm curious about is if it will fall by the wayside like Kyurem-W in ubers, or if its going to be able to genuinely compete with the big boys.

At least on paper now; having dragon dance and being a physically oriented threat makes it a cut above Kyurem-W.

But you're competing against Mega-Mance (and to a lesser extent Rayquaza) for the role of a Dragon Dancer in ubers. Thats a tall order.

And unlike Mega-Mance, Kyurem-B is in that unfortunate speed tier where its still slower than Choice Scarf Xernes + getting bopped by Moonblast after a Dragon Dance.

_______

IDK.

Using Kyurem-B as your DD sweeper in ubers frees up the mega slot for gengar and lets you trap Xerneas, so many thats not a huge problem?

Wanna at least give it a try in ubers and see how that plays out.
                              I wouldn't call its movepool in gen 7 shit. ESPECIALLY not with z moves.

But yeah, the addition of ddance and an actual physical ice stab is pretty big.

But again, not even z moves were enough to get the retarded committee to ban kyu-b, so I wouldnt be surprised if it stays OU this gen too.

Comment

Also take a look at the fossil mons. Their signature moves are disgusting as shit. an 85 BP move that DOUBLES in power most of the time because you slapped a choice scarf on it and called it a day???
                                AND it gets boosted by strong jaw

I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but fucking Dracovish has the raw power to OHKO TOXAPEX through a resist.

It is still too early to be sure but even without dynamax this gen is looking powercreeped AF. Which is funny because one of GF's """reasons""" for cutting out like half the pokemon was to create a rotation system and curb power creep.

Comment

man this meta just isn't fun at all, last one to save his sweeper wins
                                  at least natdex OU is entertaining since it's such a clusterfuck but it's also kinda shit ngl

Comment

What should happen, IMO is that Dynamax and standard should be split into two separate tiers.

Threre should be a 'standard' meta, where things are used and tiered based on how they perform in standard play (i.e. no Dynamax'ing allowed).

And then there should be a separate 'Dynamax' meta, where things are used and tiered based on how they perform with Dynamax unbanned.

Because Dynamax IS an interesting new mechanic that demands some level of skill and prediction to be used correctly. You have to read the way the battle is going and have a sense of whether you want to proactively use it to punch a hole in your opponents team early that you shouldn't be able to punch, and then try to capitalize on that ftw. Or reactively use it as an answer to your opponent's dynamax. Or save it for a designated sweeper whose job is to 'max out and go nuts to close out the game.

But it invalidates so many other forms of decision-making that conventionally matter in Pokemon battles and so often just reduces the game to a nothing-else-matters contest of whose Dynamax got the game-winning play?

It feels like it detracts from rather than adds to the depth of standard play.
                                    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; December 5th, 2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X