Overwatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thar View Post
    Remember when Overwatch used to be fun and exciting? Now it's full of competitive and elitist bullshit, even on Quick Play and Arcade.
    I don't see the salt that everyone's going on about with OW. Not in the game itself, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I don't see the salt that everyone's going on about with OW. Not in the game itself, at least.
      Same.

Even when you do encounter toxicity, it's all about perception: you don't have to take it seriously even if they're serious. Deescalate it by making a joke of the situation or something.

Some people—me included—even pretend to be toxic (convincingly) regardless of their own performance in the match just to trigger entertaining reactions but they don't mean a word they're saying.

Trash-talk among friends during sports/videogames happens too, but they still remain being your friends after. Just have a more playful perception of it.
      Last edited by Demon; March 2nd, 2018, 05:15 AM.

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n451511
      there's a quality to being a giant hunk of muscle mass, tbh.

Comment

Anyone still play. My buddy got me into the game a few weeks ago and I've been playing it like crazy.
        Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
        Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
          Anyone still play. My buddy got me into the game a few weeks ago and I've been playing it like crazy.
          I play it kind of a lot. You a PC boy?

Comment

I still play. I used to "take one for the team" so I usually just played D.va, plus I kinda enjoyed her gameplay...but this new Hanzo got me back into the dps game.

Comment

Nah, I play PS4. My PC is about 10 years old at this point. It can barely run this site, let alone games
              Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
              PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

I bought Pink Mercy for the charity, but that's about it. Game's still pretty unfun.

Comment

I bought Pink Mercy for the charity, but that's about it. Game's still pretty unfun.
                  Really? It's kinda hard to believe that for all these heroes no one has a playstyle you enjoy.

Comment

Really? It's kinda hard to believe that for all these heroes no one has a playstyle you enjoy.
                    It's not that I don't enjoy how they play, it's just the overall multiplayer experience that got stale and frustrating overtime. I'm not a competitive person and even during casual play I still fall short of the opposition and once the content runs itself dry, it just feels repetitive and boring. Even victories aren't satisfying to me anymore.
                    Last edited by Thar; May 28th, 2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

It's not that I don't enjoy how they play, it's just the overall multiplayer experience that got stale and frustrating overtime. I'm not a competitive person and even during casual play I still fall short of the opposition and once the content runs itself dry, it just feels repetitive and boring. Even victories aren't satisfying to me anymore.
                      Man, that sucks. Sorry you're not into it. Maybe grouping up with some friends would make it a little better?

(or just say 'fuck it' and play other stuff, obviously)

Comment

Man, that sucks. Sorry you're not into it. Maybe grouping up with some friends would make it a little better?
                        That's literally the only reason I played it in the first place, tbh.

Comment

That's literally the only reason I played it in the first place, tbh.
                          Welp... lol. I think Overwatch is just not your thing then.

Comment

Welp... lol. I think Overwatch is just not your thing then.
                            Just shooters in general, especially multiplayer, though Overwatch felt a lot more fun for what it was... at least while it lasted.

Comment

Just shooters in general, especially multiplayer, though Overwatch felt a lot more fun for what it was... at least while it lasted.
                              Yeah, Overwatch is the only shooter I really got into at all since Metroid Prime, lol.

Comment

I have been more SP than MP or competitive for the past 7-8 years, and only really played a bit of TF2 and mostly the L4D series competitively.
                                Overwatch seems like a pretty good step into competitive play.
                                I'm also trying to build a library on YouTube and gain a following eventually so that I can stat making money off of it, though, so MP and Competitive help that a lot.
                                There are only a few characters I'm not enjoying playing.

Been trying to get a little used to every character (at least enough to get their trophies) before I pick one. But I'm thinking of going Support for the most part.I'm really liking Zen and Symmetra.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                                  I have been more SP than MP or competitive for the past 7-8 years, and only really played a bit of TF2 and mostly the L4D series competitively.
                                  Overwatch seems like a pretty good step into competitive play.
                                  I'm also trying to build a library on YouTube and gain a following eventually so that I can stat making money off of it, though, so MP and Competitive help that a lot.
                                  There are only a few characters I'm not enjoying playing.

Been trying to get a little used to every character (at least enough to get their trophies) before I pick one. But I'm thinking of going Support for the most part.I'm really liking Zen and Symmetra.
                                  Zen is real good when you can land shots, I've been practicing him for a while. I just can't get Symmetra right so I mostly just avoid her lol. I can't stand Torb and she seems like a higher iq version of him lol.

Comment

Been maining Orisa and D.va and playing around with a lot of the support.
                                    Anyone see the teaser for Hammond. Some of those gameplay videos look fucking nuts. With him and Symm in season 13 (since I doubt he'll be ready for the masses full game and comp mode by tomorrow), it's going to be fucking insane.
                                    Lets hope they drop another character like everyone is hoping. The devs have been saying a lot lately how they want there to be at least 50 characters.
                                    Sombra has infinite stealth if I recall in the next update, too.

Hammond's story was pretty cute.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                    Auto-Saved
                                    x
                                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                    Working...
                                    X