Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan View Post
    Who were you on mvc?

Hate the fuckin butterflies, the chocobo stuff I can usually accomplish after about an hour or two (probably done it six times) but those fuckin butterflies!

Actually doin a playthru myself, just beat Seymour on Gagazet (first try!)

I wasn't anyone on MVC apart from a guest that posted a few times. I posted a couple times here as a guest too. Thought about making an account on MvC a few times but just put it off. Figured trolling anonymously was a lot more fun.

The butterflies are still a load of crap but i don't put it in the same league as both the chocobo races and the lightning. The stupid ass remiem temple chocobo race with 5 chests was pointless in the ps2 version but now its a trophy. basically luck based since its impossible to do if the AI takes less than 39 seconds to complete and its pretty random what time they get. catcher chocobo speaks for itself the quickest time I finished it in was 3 and a half hours which was actually this run. My first time doing it I dedicated a whole day to it pretty much. Took me 10 hours.

I was pretty overlevelled for most of my playthrough so i had no problem with any of the storyline bosses. Pretty much toyed around with seymour flux. Not that that is necessarily a good thing. All that really says is that i have too much time on my hands to run around in circles now its summer lol. Spent a few hours on the highbridge. Although I did find out that kimahri's bad breath is quite effective on him since hes vulnerable to poison and silence among other statuses. Might be good to know on a low level run.

Comment

Thought I'd post a visual update of the Final Fantasy game (and movie!) collection I've amassed. The last time I took a photo, I left out a few spin-off titles and since then I've even added a few games to the collection. So yeah, I thought, since I was dusting off the game shelf, why not pull out the FF titles and show them off?

http://i.imgur.com/rvrHL5s.jpg

And follow the hyperlink for the full size image, because I imagine it's probably not easy to make everything out.

Comment

http://www.twitch.tv/squareenixpresents
        Lets go new gameplay for FF15

Comment

Yoooo the cars have gasoline, there are camping spots and navigators and stuff in FF15

Sick looking Marlboro hopefully FFX hard to fight
          Last edited by Heikin; August 29th, 2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to watch it in the morning when I'm off work. Also, confirmed for 2016 launch! Wooooo!

Comment

Only saw the Cgi movie and played only a few minutes of one game. May try to get this remake for Christmas though, try to get into the series. Can't play FPS all the tie, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrfan343 View Post
                Only saw the Cgi movie and played only a few minutes of one game. May try to get this remake for Christmas though, try to get into the series. Can't play FPS all the tie, you know.
                You mean the Final Fantasy VII remake? Because it probably won't be out this year. It's currently not even slated for any broad release dates. I suspect it'll come in 2017 or 2018, considering FF15 has been announced for next year.

Now, there is an HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X. Though it's not a personal favorite of mine, it's probably the most recent in the series that I'd recommend as an entry into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You mean the Final Fantasy VII remake? Because it probably won't be out this year. It's currently not even slated for any broad release dates. I suspect it'll come in 2017 or 2018, considering FF15 has been announced for next year.

Now, there is an HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X. Though it's not a personal favorite of mine, it's probably the most recent in the series that I'd recommend as an entry into it.
                  Ah. Well I'll give that a try then. How would you rate it from 1 to 10?

Comment

Ah. Well I'll give that a try then. How would you rate it from 1 to 10?
                    I'm probably not the best to ask that. Lol. To me, FFX would rate around a 7. But I don't like most of the cast. Ask any number of critics and other Final Fantasy enthusiasts, you'd probably get 9s and 10s from them. It's highly acclaimed and, I think, holds the title of second or third highest rated FF title on gamerankings.

Comment

Ok, so, on a whim I've got Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett up to their level 2-1 limit breaks. I haven't left Sector 7 to bomb the Sector 5 Reactor, yet. Should I continue the game now? Or should I strife to put the trio to their level 3-2 limit breaks before I continue the game?

Comment

What does everybody think about the movie?

Comment

What does everybody think about the movie?

You mean Advent Children, right?

I like it! But only as an extension of the Final Fantasy VII story. It's a pretty movie to look at, but as a standalone film it's pretty bad.

To the casual movie-goer 4/10

To the casual FF7 fan 7/10

To the hardcore FF7 fan who's read all the novels and played all the games 10/10

If you're talking about the Spirits Within, though... 1/10.

Comment

The dialogue was horrible in the movie

Comment

Ok, so, on a whim I've got Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett up to their level 2-1 limit breaks. I haven't left Sector 7 to bomb the Sector 5 Reactor, yet. Should I continue the game now? Or should I strife to put the trio to their level 3-2 limit breaks before I continue the game?

As long as you get disc 1 omnislash and all of aerith's limits nothing else matters. Wouldn't want to waste our time now would we ;) ?

I really enjoyed advent children. then again i didn't take it too seriously and watched it eng sub. the fight scenes were good and thats really all i cared about apart from how one winged angel was done. The GOAT rendition to this day in my mind so we'll see if the remake outdoes it. Still not as good as dancing mad tho :P.

Comment

You mean Advent Children, right?

I like it! But only as an extension of the Final Fantasy VII story. It's a pretty movie to look at, but as a standalone film it's pretty bad.

To the casual movie-goer 4/10

To the casual FF7 fan 7/10

To the hardcore FF7 fan who's read all the novels and played all the games 10/10

If you're talking about the Spirits Within, though... 1/10.
                                I only heard about Advent Children, may give it a try.

Spirits Within was pretty good, though I don't think it should be considred a true Final Fantasy movie. But it's better than anything Uwe Boll shits out.

Comment

Originally posted by quaggino View Post

As long as you get disc 1 omnislash and all of aerith's limits nothing else matters. Wouldn't want to waste our time now would we ;) ?
                                  I actually do both of those things on every playthrough I do...

So far, the earliest I've got 3-2 limit breaks is when you leave Midgar. On that run, after Midgar, I would get the 3-2 limits as soon as I picked up a new character, prior to continuing the story. I've pretty much done everything there in to do in FF7. From low level runs to maxing all stats. Last time I played, I even polled MVC's Final Fantasy thread on what to name my characters. Needless to say, I ended up with some fun names.

Just got the iOS version, so good excuse to play through my favorite game again. lol

Originally posted by quaggino View Post
                                  I really enjoyed advent children. then again i didn't take it too seriously and watched it eng sub. the fight scenes were good and thats really all i cared about apart from how one winged angel was done. The GOAT rendition to this day in my mind so we'll see if the remake outdoes it. Still not as good as dancing mad tho :P.
                                  The Black Mages' rendition of One Winged Angel is amazing. Those wailing guitars, man. They're beautiful. But yeah, I enjoyed Advent Children immensely, for what it was. But I'm a HARDCORE FF7 fan. Back in 2005, when it released, I was already heavily involved in the world despite there not being more than the game. I've played through the game, from beginning to end, over a dozen times. In fact, for the last decade I've made a point to play it at least once a year.

I only heard about Advent Children, may give it a try.

Spirits Within was pretty good, though I don't think it should be considred a true Final Fantasy movie. But it's better than anything Uwe Boll shits out.
                                  Advent Children is a good action movie with epic fights and beautiful CGI. However, I'm afraid if you're not vested in the lore of FF7 that you'll have to turn your brain off to enjoy it. The entire plot of the movie requires a pretty intensive knowledge of the original game. It likely won't make much sense at all if you don't.

But yeah... Spirits Within... Better than Uwe Boll, but still not fantastic. Though, I guess, as a standalone film, it's probably better than AC is. x.x

Comment

• quaggino
                                    quaggino commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Theres an IOS version now? I had the first 3 FF games on my jailbroken iphone and i think 4 came out but I updates my operating system and didn't bother to jailbreak it again. But they're up to 7 now. including the ps4 version how many ports does this make?

I watched advent children with a friend who had never played a final fantasy game before and he liked it quite a lot but then again he was probably watching it with the same mindset i was.

Here are all the pics i got few days ago of the game
                                  http://imgur.com/dfpa2Rr,LSST28p,xGV...mXQpHe,ega6JBs

Comment

Originally posted by Heikin View Post
                                    Here are all the pics i got few days ago of the game
                                    http://imgur.com/dfpa2Rr,LSST28p,xGV...mXQpHe,ega6JBs

The world still looks really nice and i love the detail and work they put into making the movements of the characters look as good as possible. a lot of the small details needed to turn a good game into great game. too bad the main cast look like a bad j-pop band and the battle system doesn't look too interesting although the game isn't even out yet so i should hold off on saying the latter.

Comment

All I really care about is the story & lore.

Comment

That moment you realize Hojo was a pedophile...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X