No announcement yet.

What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of Battle chasers nightwar, got half way through tales of vesperia, put 10 hours into astral chain, a bit of daemon x machina, and finished valkyria chronicles 4

Comment

Originally posted by Color of Cid Haki View Post
      A bit of Battle chasers nightwar, got half way through tales of vesperia, put 10 hours into astral chain, a bit of daemon x machina, and finished valkyria chronicles 4
      How is astral chain?
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

so if the adult xeno'jiiva grabs you you're pretty much fucked

https://twitter.com/BannedDino/statu...03390154543106

like holy shit what a brutal fucking grab move lmao
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

How is astral chain?
          Battling is very fluid and only gets better with more weapons. You can switch weapons mid combo string to do longer combos. Basically has everything platinum has ever done in 1 game.

platforming in this is cool and creative but a total bitch. You’ll clip onto so much making you fall and start over. Some spots even make you do blind jumps so you just have to pray you make it.

overall good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Color of Cid Haki View Post

Battling is very fluid and only gets better with more weapons. You can switch weapons mid combo string to do longer combos. Basically has everything platinum has ever done in 1 game.

platforming in this is cool and creative but a total bitch. You’ll clip onto so much making you fall and start over. Some spots even make you do blind jumps so you just have to pray you make it.

overall good time.
            Good to hear except for the blind jumps, lol.

I don't love the aesthetic but I trust Platinum to put out quality games, so I was just curious about it.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Good to hear except for the blind jumps, lol.

I don't love the aesthetic but I trust Platinum to put out quality games, so I was just curious about it.
              Yeah you can tell the lack of experience in platforming but it’s fine. The level design makes up for it. Levels are small but you’ll want to pay attention for anything to crawl under, jump to, or climb. You’ll have a scanner that shows a grid design for every level with a history recording.

It’s top tier in action gameplay. You’ll have to put some thought into the battles. You’ll do platforming and fighting together. You’ll have to control yourself and your monster at the same time.

World feels a bit depressing. I hope there’ll be a hopeful ending because it’s pretty doom and gloom.

Comment

After like 40 tries, finally beat Genichirou. He really isn't that hard you just have to be very aggressive. I mostly took 40 tries mostly because I wanted to avoid healing until I entered his second phase, so I'd say I beat him after 6 or 7 "real" attempts.

I had fought the Corrupted Monk, but I knew something was off when I was barely hurting him.

Comment

Game Pass is pretty legit, ngl

I'm a bit of a sucker for pinball games whenever I see them, and Demon's Tilt is pretty great

Comment

Playing Nier automata 2 years after buying it. Seems pretty cool. it's a combination of bullet hell, hack and slash and rpg.

Also playing pokemon shield, never got into the competitive team before, imma try it now. Will say this though, this is waaaay shittier then gen 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                      so if the adult xeno'jiiva grabs you you're pretty much fucked

https://twitter.com/BannedDino/statu...03390154543106

like holy shit what a brutal fucking grab move lmao
                      Damn, the dragon made DAMN SURE you were dead.

Comment

10 monsters fully maxed out on Godzilla so far. Probably about 12 to go until platinum.
                      I'm working on one or 2 at a time right now, and I've got a lot better handle on the leveling system and controls than I have in the past. Gonna finish this bish this year or the beginning of next!
                      Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                      Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

Damn, the dragon made DAMN SURE you were dead.
                        That's not even the worst it can do.

This monster borrows a few mechanics from the Behemoth crossover fight, one of them being a map-wide instant kill attack that can only be avoided by taking cover behind something. Just like the first fight against Behemoth, this is only a short repel quest that ends with the monster using the insta-kill move to cover its escape. But in the real fight you wont have as much time to get to safety.

Actually really excited to fight this thing. Getting to see just why everyone was shitting their pants at the thought of the baby Xeno'jiiva escaping and maturing was something I low key wanted but never thought was actually gonna happen.
                        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

All of a sudden I have a massive craving for pinball games.

Comment

• Culpa the Moth Mage
                            Editing a comment
                            Have you played many of the ones like Pinball Arcade or Pinball FX? I have a couple great tables on PA.

• Thar
                            Thar commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I have those. I only have a couple tables cause I didn't buy any DLC, but they're all pretty fun. There's also Zaccaria Pinball that has a retro table bundle for a dollar, which is interesting but also pretty brutal.

Significant ones to me are Demon's Tilt, which is a pixelated style pinball game and what started it for me. There's also Big Race USA, which I used to play a lot on PS1 and was able to get digitally on GOG. They recently made an "Ultra" remake of what looks like a collection of Pro Pinball's games and they started with Timeshock, so I'm pretty hype for when they remake Big Race USA.
                            Last edited by Thar; December 8th, 2019, 06:11 AM.

• Culpa the Moth Mage
                            Editing a comment
                            I just sit there and play the Twilight Zone and Star Trek TNG tables that I bought on Pinball Arcade before they were taken down lol

Finally got that Platinum on Godzilla PS4. That was a long grind. Glad it's over. Another game that has been sitting at 90% for years over and done!
                          Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                          Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Yoku's Island Express is so great. It's basically an artsy metroidvania puzzle game with pinball mechanics, and it's freaking adorable and fun.

Comment

I've been playing the original Witcher game, the one I was yet to play from the series. And while it clearly hasn't aged very well, there's so much to like. The character designs (which I prefer to 3's in my humble opinion), the atmosphere, the soundtrack, and probably one of my favorite swamp levels, which is a big fucking deal.
                              Last edited by Louay; December 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                I've been playing the original Witcher game, the one I was yet to play from the series. And while it clearly hasn't aged very well, there's so much to like. The character designs (which I prefer to 3's in my humble opinion), the atmosphere, the soundtrack, and probably one of my favorite swamp levels, which is a big fucking deal.
                                Damn. I played that about 6 years ago. there actually is much to like about the game, the story, choices you can make, and it even looked ok still.

It's just the actual game part is kind of atrocious. I finished it though.

What quests are you on? Are you in Vizima yet?

Comment

Just beat the True corrupted monk in Sekiro. I've died at least like 300 times so far I would say, but honestly this game isn't that hard. It's just there is little room for error. Every enemy has a significant weakness, and once you find it, while covering your own openings, it's not really hard. to bad most bosses kill me in 2 hits....

Really loving it, probably my favorite in the Soulsbourne series possibly even though I prefer the medieval fantasy architecture of Dark Souls (Admittedly haven't played Bloodborne or Demon Souls though).

Also playing resident Evil 2. Liking it, but this Sewer level has really put me off playing it for the past few days.

Comment

I beat both forms of the Corrupted Monk by waiting for it to use attacks that leave it open for a small window and then getting a full charged stab on it then rinse and repeat until dead.

You can call it being a pussy but I call it being a true Shinobi.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

Damn. I played that about 6 years ago. there actually is much to like about the game, the story, choices you can make, and it even looked ok still.

It's just the actual game part is kind of atrocious. I finished it though.

What quests are you on? Are you in Vizima yet?
                                      I'm making my way through chapter 3. Last quest I remember was clearing the swamp from bandits to get the coded message. Put the main story on hold as I work through all the side quests though.
                                      And yeah, the game desperately needed a proper combat system.

Comment

Working...
                                      X