No announcement yet.

What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna be that guy and say that D&D 5e is indeed a game.

We seem to be stalling the conclusion of our main home campaign, so in the meantime we've been playing through Dragon Heist, Wizards' most recent installment for the Forgotten Realms. Once we're done with that, we plan to go right into Descent into Avernus, which is supposed to be the prequel adventure leading to Baldur's Gate 3, so that's super fucking hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
      I'm gonna be that guy and say that D&D 5e is indeed a game.

We seem to be stalling the conclusion of our main home campaign, so in the meantime we've been playing through Dragon Heist, Wizards' most recent installment for the Forgotten Realms. Once we're done with that, we plan to go right into Descent into Avernus, which is supposed to be the prequel adventure leading to Baldur's Gate 3, so that's super fucking hype.
      You're not gonna be transitioning into Dungeon of the Mad Mage? That's supposed to come after Dragon Heist, and I feel like it'd be right up your alley from what I've heard
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
        Completed Resident Evil 7. The game picked up towards the end. Good game. Still got the DLC to go. Will try to get through it by the end of the month.

Movinng on to Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines, and Evil Within.
        I finished my collectibles run not too long ago. I had a lot of fun with it. I'm not a big zombie fan, so this RE game was my favorite. It felt more like a haunting than a zombie thing.
        I'm going to try to get Madhouse finished by the end of the month. If I can, I'll definitely run through the 4 hour playthrough and grab platinum (you get unlimited ammo from completing madhouse, so the speedrun wont be hard. Plus, people can easily beat it in an hour and a half, so 4 hours is easily doable).

I didn't care for Evil Within. It felt all over the place and way over the top.

Played some more Stranger Things 3 today after I got home from the Retro Gaming Expo. Got through to Chapter 6. should finish at least the first playthrough and all side quests tomorrow. Then I have to run through a NG+ to finish platinum.

Picked up a sega genesis and Captain America & Gargoyles for it today.
        Last edited by Culpa the Moth Mage; October 19th, 2019, 11:24 PM.
        Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
        Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

You're not gonna be transitioning into Dungeon of the Mad Mage? That's supposed to come after Dragon Heist, and I feel like it'd be right up your alley from what I've heard
          I forgot about that, though it looks like DiA is separate from that, so that won't be an issue. Once we get to a certain point, we'll be able to pick up where we left off in DH, presumably with the same characters.

EDIT: After discussing with the group, it turns out we've basically jumped a decade ahead of time from Tyranny of Dragons into Tomb of Annihilation, so the plan is to go back and do Curse of Strahd to pick up where we left off there.
          Last edited by Thar; October 20th, 2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I forgot about that, though it looks like DiA is separate from that, so that won't be an issue. Once we get to a certain point, we'll be able to pick up where we left off in DH, presumably with the same characters.

EDIT: After discussing with the group, it turns out we've basically jumped a decade ahead of time from Tyranny of Dragons into Tomb of Annihilation, so the plan is to go back and do Curse of Strahd to pick up where we left off there.
            You're hitting all the campaigns then lol.

curse of Strahd is a great time though, I'm running that with a group tomorrow. Usually my group take turns DMing homebrew campaigns, but I'm really happy we're doing a few by the book now.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post

I finished my collectibles run not too long ago. I had a lot of fun with it. I'm not a big zombie fan, so this RE game was my favorite. It felt more like a haunting than a zombie thing.
              I'm going to try to get Madhouse finished by the end of the month. If I can, I'll definitely run through the 4 hour playthrough and grab platinum (you get unlimited ammo from completing madhouse, so the speedrun wont be hard. Plus, people can easily beat it in an hour and a half, so 4 hours is easily doable).

I didn't care for Evil Within. It felt all over the place and way over the top.

Played some more Stranger Things 3 today after I got home from the Retro Gaming Expo. Got through to Chapter 6. should finish at least the first playthrough and all side quests tomorrow. Then I have to run through a NG+ to finish platinum.

Picked up a sega genesis and Captain America & Gargoyles for it today.
              Damn 4 hours lol. My play through took about 10.

Definitely see myself replaying this (though not for at least 3 years)

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

Damn 4 hours lol. My play through took about 10.
                Culpa's a fuckin machine, dude lol

Comment

Culpa's a fuckin machine, dude lol
                  I did beat Broken Age in an hour of gameplay. That was a pain. I think it took me 3 hours with all the reloading saves and everything.

There is a lot in RE7 you can skip, and get the infinite ammo, and you don't have to go hunting for ammo or supplies at all. I'm not looking to log any hour and a half to 2 hours like the first 200+ on Speedrun.com. But I'll at least do the 4 hour playthrough lol

Comment

Played for an hour, and I already don't like Evil Within. Will stick with it for a bit longer though.

The sequel definitely looks like something I'd rather be playing.

Comment

From what I've seen, I'm sure I'd like The Evil Within 2 more, but I pushed through the first one and didn't enjoy it at all. It was like if RE4 was even more over the top and tried to be more intelligent than it is...

I just finished the story on Stranger Things 3, as well as all side quests. Just have to go through on Elimination mode to finish up the platinum :)
                      I also went through some Brutal Legend today. I had a lot of fun with that one. Got all the online trophies except the viral one (looking for someone to pass me that), and I'm almost ready to jump into the story to work on that. I just hope that game breaking glitch doesn't happen to me. Just have to make sure to save around 70-75% and back up that save file just in case it craps out on me.

Comment

Holy shit have I been loving the Ruiner Nergigante weapons in Iceborne. They all have good damage right out of the box and a bigass bar of white sharpness. Since purple sharpness is only a tiny damage gap compared to the gap between blue to white, I'm not really gimping my damage output in any significant way. No handicraft or master's touch skills needed whatsoever. On just one single hammer set I have all these skills.

Critical Eye 7
                        Weakness Exploit 3
                        Critical Boost 3
                        Health Boost 3
                        Divine Blessing 5
                        Steadfast 3
                        Evade Window 3
                        Defense Boost 3
                        Airborne
                        Affinity Sliding
                        Free Meal
                        Flinch Free 1
                        Slugger 2 (in my Vitality Mantle)

That's what you can do when you dont have to dedicate half your set to handicraft and master's touch just to make your weapon not trash. Hell I wasn't even after 3 points of defense boost but I actually ran out of skills I wanted on this set and had a gem with 3 defense boost in it and it brings my defense from the 920's to the 970's so I'll use it for now.
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

>Looks at latest achievement in MHW

Currently investigating ??? Rathian tracks after taking out Zorah. Also just a few Anjanath parts away from upgrading to the Blazing Assault II after discovering the branch is stronger than the Great Jagras tree.

Comment

1 trophy away from platinum in Night in the Woods. Chara is a fucking beast and sat there for 8 hours doing the Pumpkin Headed Guy song until he got it good enough for the trophy lol
                            It would have taken a lot longer for me to get the plat without his help on this one. Just have to rush through 2 playthroughs to get the other robot heads with Greg, then I'll move on to my Madhouse run of RE7 to finish up the month. If I finish early like I want to, I'll play some Costume Quest on Halloween.

Comment

>Looks at latest achievement in MHW

Currently investigating ??? Rathian tracks after taking out Zorah. Also just a few Anjanath parts away from upgrading to the Blazing Assault II after discovering the branch is stronger than the Great Jagras tree.
                              If you're maining heavy bowgun the glutton hbg from Kulve Taroth invalidates all the ones in high rank. Once you get into the Iceborne stuff the Zinogre hbg becomes glutton 2.0

But honestly Kulve is a waste of time now since you can just ignore her weapons and get better gear later on.
                              Last edited by Pocket Rocket; October 26th, 2019, 02:55 PM.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Platinum 104 - Night in the Woods.

Also got that stupid Viral trophy on Brutal Legend, so I just need the single-player/offline stuff now :)
                                I'll start my Madhouse run of RE7 tomorrow.

Comment

Replaying Bloodlines. Almost finished with all the side quest in down town.

Also finished Not A hero, DLC for Resident Evil 7. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Crackdown 3 :P

Comment

More so an update on the absolute state of vidya gaymz than anything else, but:

https://kotaku.com/player-spends-62-...nit-1838227818

That's a YIKES from me, dawgs. That having been said, governments might finally start cracking down on glorified slot mach- sorry, "lootboxes." #MakeGamesSomewhatGreatAgain

Comment

Though Bloodlines writing is still as spectacular as I remember, the actual game part of the game is quite bad. Definitely feels unfinished, even with the Unofficial patch.

Also started Condemned Criminal Origins. I will come back to Evil Within some other time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
                                          More so an update on the absolute state of vidya gaymz than anything else, but:

https://kotaku.com/player-spends-62-...nit-1838227818

That's a YIKES from me, dawgs. That having been said, governments might finally start cracking down on glorified slot mach- sorry, "lootboxes." #MakeGamesSomewhatGreatAgain
                                          Micro transactions are fine in moderation, but have no reason to be in B2P games (Maybe in exchange for free multiplayer maps and modes), and they put them in the most predatory way possible.

Example is Shadow of War. It's cheap enough now that I'd take a look but the lootboxes in a single player game is just insane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X