What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
    Cyan has some pretty good sword techs but I usually don't use them since you have to wait in real time. They should have just let you pick which one you wanted to use from a menu like with Mog's dances.
    If you have the "Quick" spell, you can have Cyan use "Quick" and then use two Swordtechs back to back. you still have to wait on the abilty to charge up, but because you are in a time-stop the enemies don't get to charge their next turns up. So "Quick" followed by 6,7,or8 then number 5 (empowerer) to recharge your MP again, and just do that every turn. Cyan with Quick basically gets full HP and MP and 4 free hits every turn at "Quick" speed. Because Quick also has one of the shortest spell cast animations, you can often take several turns per enemy turn, especially if you use Odin to increase the speed of the character by "stat maxing".

So "Quick" plus Cyan, plus 127 Speed, also gives rise to the infamous "Wind God" build, but Wind God doesn't use Sword Techs, it just massacres Tier 2 (Kefka's Tower) with Tempest though.

the requirement of charging the abilities is the primary reason "Dispatch" is the only Sword Tech used in the low level challenge...except 6 vs Inferno maybe as mentioned in my edits, but generally you just spam Dispatch with Cyan and do Aurabolt, Fire Dance or Phantom Rush with Sabin.
    Last edited by Wade; August 5th, 2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

If you have the "Quick" spell, you can have Cyan use "Quick" and then use two Swordtechs back to back. you still have to wait on the abilty to charge up, but because you are in a time-stop the enemies don't get to charge their next turns up. So "Quick" followed by 6,7,or8 then number 5 (empowerer) to recharge your MP again, and just do that every turn. Cyan with Quick basically gets full HP and MP and 4 free hits every turn at "Quick" speed. Because Quick also has one of the shortest spell cast animations, you can often take several turns per enemy turn, especially if you use Odin to increase the speed of the character by "stat maxing".

So "Quick" plus Cyan, plus 127 Speed, also gives rise to the infamous "Wind God" build, but Wind God doesn't use Sword Techs, it just massacres Tier 2 (Kefka's Tower) with Tempest though.
      Sounds pretty good. I'll have to give him the magicite with Quick in it if he didn't learn it already.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Fixed Dice is the only way to kill "Goddess" in a perfect low level Celes Edgar Setzer (CES) only game. I have done it at level 6 twice, but it takes about 100 tries and is pure luck to accomplish, so I don't recommend this challenge unless you just want to prove you can do it later on. A level 6 character doing 9999 damage per hit against an late-game boss is pretty funny though it's also rare. you need several lucky high rolls to get lucky enough to kill Goddess before she casts Quasar, which will kill anybody in the low level challenge no matter what defensive gear you have.. Even in a high level game Goddess can massacre your entire party if you don't know what you're doing. I'll leave that to yo uthough, because beating this thing is probably the funniest fight in the entire game how many ways she has to screw you over.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
          Fixed Dice is the only way to kill "Goddess" in a perfect low level Celes Edgar Setzer (CES) only game. I have done it at level 6 twice, but it takes about 100 tries and is pure luck to accomplish, so I don't recommend this challenge unless you just want to prove you can do it later on. A level 6 character doing 9999 damage per hit against an late-game boss is pretty funny though it's also rare. you need several lucky high rolls to get lucky enough to kill Goddess before she casts Quasar, which will kill anybody in the low level challenge no matter what defensive gear you have.. Even in a high level game Goddess can massacre your entire party if you don't know what you're doing. I'll leave that to yo uthough, because beating this thing is probably the funniest fight in the entire game how many ways she has to screw you over.
          Why cap the team at just 3 characters though?
          I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Why cap the team at just 3 characters though?
            It's the hardest challenge in the game.

When you get bored with high level parties you do stuff like speed runs, low level challenge, or the infamous no equipment challenge or the celes edgar setzer only challenge.

It's like, "Can I win the hardest challenge the game engine allows?"

The perfect low level no equipment challenge is impossible, so we make a few exceptions to the "no equipment" rule to make it possible, for example, since Cyan's techs can't be used without a sword, we allow him to wear the weakest possible sword. And since Celes Runic can't be used without a sword, we allow her ot use the weakest possible sword. A few of the bosss cannot be defeated in this challenge at all, but fortunately they are not required boss fights, so they are ignored.

In any case, the hardest fight in the original game is probably "Goddess".

the hardest ifght in the remake is probably Holy Dragon 2, but I figured out a way to beat it even in the Level 6 Celes Edgar Setzer only challenge...i cheated and used level 13 Gau....very sneaky I was. But yeah, Holy Dragon 2, the first few dozen times you try to fight him, is the hardest fight in the remake.
            Last edited by Wade; August 6th, 2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Started on Arkham Asylum. I'll push through that and then probably start Borderlands2 over the weekend.
              Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
              Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

Got a lot further in Terraria than I've ever gotten in all 30 hours that I've played it. Finally beaten Eye of Cthulhu as well as the Brain (the Crimson counterpart to Eater of Worlds.) Took beating both of them twice to get enough Crimtane ore to craft a full set of Crimson Armor and the Blood Butcher (sword made from Crimtane Bars.) Once that was done, it was time to stock up on rope and dynamite to create a Hellevator (basically a hole that drops all the way straight down to Hell, with a rope that lets you slide down and climb up safely.)

Once again I've reached the point in a game that I never thought I'd keep playing until I progressed to a point where I could actually get shit done.

Comment

Pocket Rocket having a serious conversation with Wade, now I've seen it all.
                  I'm a great guy, except I am not - Helly
                  Originally posted by Helly;n539159
                  {I} gives poor ppl jobs,is all-around great guy
                  Originally posted by Helly;n531786
                  son ive laughed at child rape jokes, endorsed misogyny, fired poor people, advocated the denial of south american refugees,

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                    Pocket Rocket having a serious conversation with Wade, now I've seen it all.
                    final fantasy 6 brings people together

Comment

Welp, accidentally summoned the Wall of Flesh before I could get Hellstone equipment. Was able to beat it, but now Hardmode's activated and I can't even survive the night inside a house. Only way I could possibly stand a chance is by getting Hellstone from the Underground, which is a pain in the ass to even get to now with all the new enemies spawning in the Hellevator. Even so, mining the stuff is a pain in itself what with the enemies, the lava, and the chance that I might accidentally summon the wall again.

Fuck this game.
                      Last edited by Thar; August 7th, 2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

So Iceborne is going to be changing the maximum might skill to only activate after several seconds of having full stamina. GG Capcom you completely killed the skill might as well just delete it from the game.

Ironic too since it's a signature skill on the armor sets from Nergigante, their precious flagship for World. So is the agitator skill too, which is also getting nerfed lmao.
                        Ok it turns out Max Might won't be dead after all. It'll become a 5 tier skill (instead of 3) and you'll get the old effect back if you get it to level 5.

A big investment but at least the skill won't be useless as long as you max it out now.

Comment

My friend convinced me to play the Zero Escape trilogy. He told me that, if I like Danganronpa (which I do, a lot), I'd enjoy the zero escape series. Considering this, I have very high expectations, starting 999 as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight Extinction View Post
                            My friend convinced me to play the Zero Escape trilogy. He told me that, if I like Danganronpa (which I do, a lot), I'd enjoy the zero escape series. Considering this, I have very high expectations, starting 999 as we speak
                            It's actually completely different other than the premise, you'll see what I mean once you progress the story, but it's honestly one of my favorite series across any medium. I recommend going in completely blind at least for the first playthrough. Make the choices you want yourself and see where they lead you, then resort to a guide to get the rest of the ending and the true ending.
                            Last edited by Louay; August 7th, 2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

It's actually completely different other than the premise, you'll see what I mean once you progress the story, but it's honestly one of my favorite series across any medium. I recommend going in completely blind at least for the first playthrough. Make the choices you want yourself and see where they lead you, then resort to a guide to get the rest of the ending and the true ending.
                                Thanks man, I barely know anything about it so I'd say I'm definitely going blind. My brother has been using my laptop so I haven't started it yet and instead started Devil May Cry 3, but once I finish it, I'm going straight to 999. Both of my friends say that the second game is the best, is the third one still great or significantly worse?

Comment

I started Dead Cells up just out of boredom, and holy shit, I forgot how fun it is. I had an insane ultra greatsword run that got farther than I've ever been.
                                  Originally posted by Wade
                                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

is the third one still great or significantly worse?
                                    I think it's great, but different. The opinion is split in the community between people who didn't like the new formula that replace VN-style routes with story fragments, the art style, and the villain's "complex motives" (it's a meme that you might have seen somewhere else) and those who did.
                                    Are you going to play the PC port? If so, I really think you should play the DS version of the first game, and not because of issues in the port itself, but without spoiling anything, there is a major story element that is absent from the PC port of 999.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

I think it's great, but different. The opinion is split in the community between people who didn't like the new formula that replace VN-style routes with story fragments, the art style, and the villain's "complex motives" (it's a meme that you might have seen somewhere else) and those who did.
                                      Are you going to play the PC port? If so, I really think you should play the DS version of the first game, and not because of issues in the port itself, but without spoiling anything, there is a major story element that is absent from the PC port of 999.
                                      Wow I had just installed the pc port of the two games, so thanks for the heads up!! Do I play the pc version of VLR and Zero time Dilemma ?

Comment

• Louay
                                        Louay commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yeah, PC version for the other 2 is fine (and recommended, since it's hard to emulate 3DS games without a monster of a PC)

beautiful

Comment

Donkey Kong Country 3. Fun game but Kiddy Kong is a lame as shit character. No idea what Rare was thinking with him.

Also the game has Peach's Castle music from Mario 64 before the game even came out lol.

Comment

Working...
                                        X