• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>buying games that are still in early access
    yikes

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      There's literally no reason to start that game if you haven't already spent the past few years soaking in the meta.
      Literally took me one year to have general knowledge of the game. The game has been out for about 4 years and the creators of the game say they will keep updating it for at least 10 years (updates are free by the way). I mean it is by far the most complex game I have ever played but that's why it's so fun, you learn new things every so often and it never gets boring. So it doesn't take that years to get to know the game and you have a few years until people lose interest in it. But right now it is growing quite well, more and more people are playing it.

Did you watch the video I posted?

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Literally took me one year to have general knowledge of the game. The game has been out for about 4 years and the creators of the game say they will keep updating it for at least 10 years (updates are free by the way). I mean it is by far the most complex game I have ever played but that's why it's so fun, you learn new things every so often and it never gets boring. So it doesn't take that years to get to know the game and you have a few years until people lose interest in it. But right now it is growing quite well, more and more people are playing it.

Did you watch the video I posted?
        Nope

Comment

Finished World Seeker. Great game. Can't wait for the next One Piece game. Looks like I'll be going back and doing Unlimited World Red in the meantime lol

Until I get that and some other games, I'm diving into my backlog and into games I've already finished, just going for plat now.
          So I'll likely do Forma8 next, then dive back into Detroit, and then maybe some LocoRoco2.
          Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
          Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
          PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 75 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
            yikes
            >implying i didn't get it for free from a friend

i would've bought it anyway but that's what happens when you're beloved by all the world

Comment

Recently bought:

RiME - It was on sale, and I remember playing it earlier (might've been for a console cause it wasn't in my Steam library), so why not.

Pathway - A new turn-based RPG game with pixel graphics. It looked interesting, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Moonlighter - Indie rogue-like with similar gameplay to Binding of Issac, only more fleshed-out and RPG-like. Saw a recorded livestream of it and it has a shop system where you run the place and have to figure out the best selling price for certain things, which is pretty neat.

For the King - Rogue-like RPG with what looks like a board game feel for the procedurally generated overworld and FF-esque battles. Definitely intriguing. Always down for party-based games like this.

Originally posted by Louay View Post
              yikes
              Better than paying double for the full release a year later.
              Last edited by Thar; April 12th, 2019, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                Recently bought:

RiME - It was on sale, and I remember playing it earlier (might've been for a console cause it wasn't in my Steam library), so why not.

Pathway - A new turn-based RPG game with pixel graphics. It looked interesting, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Moonlighter - Indie rogue-like with similar gameplay to Binding of Issac, only more fleshed-out and RPG-like. Saw a recorded livestream of it and it has a shop system where you run the place and have to figure out the best selling price for certain things, which is pretty neat.

For the King - Rogue-like RPG with what looks like a board game feel for the procedurally generated overworld and FF-esque battles. Definitely intriguing. Always down for party-based games like this.

Better than paying double for the full release a year later.
                Play RiME with a box of tissues.For sad reasons, not wanky ones.
                Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
                PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 75 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post

Play RiME with a box of tissues.For sad reasons, not wanky ones.
                  Wank to the sad moments. Got it.

Comment

Haven't played many games lately but Sekiro is so fun Can't believe FromSoft managed to make a not-shit game

Comment

Finally started Final Fantasy 6. Its got that good ass Chrono Trigger wind right off the bat so that's pretty nice.
                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Nope
                        Then what made you say you needed years of experience to play this game?

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Then what made you say you needed years of experience to play this game?
                          To compete with the 11th grade burnouts that have years of practice and no other relevant interests that you'll be matched up with.

Comment

To compete with the 11th grade burnouts that have years of practice and no other relevant interests that you'll be matched up with.
                            Doesn't answer how you would know it takes years to know the game.

True to an extent. But I'd say most people are sympathetic if you're a beginner. They also just added a beginners part so people get experience before they go into casual or ranked matches. And if you don't like criticism you can play with your squad.

Bottom line being: It's a difficult game, but very rewarding once you make it past the early stages.

Comment

After finishing up One Piece World Seeker to platinum, I decided to go back to KH1 on PS4.
                              Gonna get both KH1 platinums, so I'm starting with the easier one (though the PS3 version I only have 1 trophy to go).
                              Finished all the gummi stuff, now I'm working on synth and level grinding before heading to the optional bosses. I'll have to clean up with my speed-run (under 15 hours). Gotta do that one with no continues and no equipment change for the last few trophies AFTER I finish the post game stuff I'm doing.

After I finish PS4 KH1, I'll likely go back to either Chain of Memories, the PS3 version, or Detroit.

My wife and I also picked up the first 2 Lego Batman games that we'll be going through on stream to platinum. I've already finished the first one back on 360, but now I'm going to do it on PS3.
                              Never played the second one, but need physical copies of 2 and 3 for my Green Arrow collection.
                              I have 3 digitally, and will pick up a base physical copy at a later date when I also pick up Injustice 1 on physical copy on PS4 for my Green Arrow collection. lol

Comment

So Moonlighter is pretty fun. Very charming graphics, the dungeons are straight-forward and has that typical unforgiving nature that rogue-likes tend to have. The shop system is definitely a unique way of earning money in the game and it really helps with managing your inventory, especially when you start investing in shops that let you improve your gear for future dungeon runs. My complaint is the pace that selling everything you pick up is very sluggish and heavily depends on the person as well as the economy. The more you sell an item, the supply goes up, hence demand goes down, which means it's worth less over time. Being so used to just going up to a shopkeeper and rapid selling everything I picked up for a fixed rate, the concept is different but it tries to be so just for the sake of it. The game is fun, though, so it has that going for it.

Pathway is interesting. Again, unforgiving, but interesting. The turn-based tactical combat is fun, and the overworld RPG gameplay is different with every run. Also there's an achievement for killing your first Nazi. Good stuff. No complaints so far, just that the difficulty is pretty harsh for my casual ass.

For the King is pretty cool. Never thought I'd enjoy the FF-esque combat system it has, but with the aesthetic that it has along with the situational board game based overworld, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Comment

Lisa is pretty good. Was kind of enamored with it. Stayed up a bit too late.

Also making my way through Arkham Origins. It's been like 6 or 7 years since I played City and I already feel like this game could have been an expansion to that. The port is also kind of bad. Get frequent stutters.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
                                    Lisa is pretty good. Was kind of enamored with it. Stayed up a bit too late.

Also making my way through Arkham Origins. It's been like 6 or 7 years since I played City and I already feel like this game could have been an expansion to that. The port is also kind of bad. Get frequent stutters.
                                    The PC port was famously terrible for Arkham Origins.

Comment

The PC port was famously terrible for Arkham Origins.
                                      City wasn't that great from what I remember when I played it way back when too.

What's weird is Asylum ran wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

City wasn't that great from what I remember when I played it way back when too.

What's weird is Asylum ran wonderfully.
                                        That's real weird, yeah.
                                        then again, maybe it's because most of it was hallways or single rooms instead of a massive city. Maybe the devs could handle that better.

Comment

No idea why everyone in FF 6 is making a big deal out of Terra's magic when Edgar's auto crossbow has been the real mvp so far.
                                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                          I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Working...
                                          X