What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max View Post
    Risk of Rain 2 is big lit. Everyone get a copy, thank you.
    It does look decently good. Not great though, imo.

Maybe that's just because the people I watch play it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
      Risk of Rain 2 is big lit. Everyone get a copy, thank you.
      It really is. A lot to be desired, but with what they have so far, it's pretty damn good. Really looking forward to future content.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

It does look decently good. Not great though, imo.

Maybe that's just because the people I watch play it sucks.
      That might be it. You shouldn't let others' opinions or gameplay affect your decision to get it, though. Seems kinda unfair.

OT: Decided to reinstall Borderlands 2 and give it another go. Expected the gameplay to still not really be my thing, but I really dig the aesthetic as well as the writing. Handsome Jack is great, and I admit that Claptrap doesn't annoy me as much as others, though I can understand why lol.

Decided to go with a Mechromancer Sniper build, Always loved playing as a sniper in shooters, though it's always a pain to deal with enemies that charge at you (and are usually faster than you.) Never thought much of it until now, but I feel like the Mad Max game took a page out of Borderlands' book in terms of worldbuilding and vehicle mechanics. Really diggin it so far.
      Last edited by Thar; April 6th, 2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
        That might be it. You shouldn't let others' opinions or gameplay affect your decision to get it, though. Seems kinda unfair.
        the guys I'm watching all love the game, lol. If anything, I should probably defer to their wisdom on this one.

I just think the difficulty spikes are too fast and too high for my tastes. Having it that unforgiving means that you're punished for looking for loot, and you're always at your strongest at the beginning of the game. It all seems downhill from there
        OT: Decided to reinstall Borderlands 2 and give it another go. Expected the gameplay to still not really be my thing, but I really dig the aesthetic as well as the writing. Handsome Jack is great, and I admit that Claptrap doesn't annoy me as much as others, though I can understand why lol.
        I'm gonna have to go dig up my copy tbh. I'm really jonseing for Borderlands.
        Last edited by OrganizationXV; April 6th, 2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I just think the difficulty spikes are too fast and too high for my tastes. Having it that unforgiving means that you're punished for looking for loot
          Depends on the difficulty level that was set. Certain settings spike pretty quickly, so that sounds like they had it set to something harder. I haven't had any issues, though.

and you're always at your strongest at the beginning of the game. It all seems downhill from there
          Not sure what you mean. At the beginning, you're inarguably at your weakest. Getting more loot makes you stronger and taking out mobs along the way gives you more experience on top of that. If anything, struggling for more loot is more rewarding than punishing.

Comment

Depends on the difficulty level that was set. Certain settings spike pretty quickly, so that sounds like they had it set to something harder. I haven't had any issues, though.
            Maybe they're playing on too high a difficulty, but I thought they were on normal. They've invariably died on the fourth boss though, or before. I dunno if it's because it scales based on your party size or if they were playing it wrong, or if they're just bad, but...
            Not sure what you mean. At the beginning, you're inarguably at your weakest. Getting more loot makes you stronger and taking out mobs along the way gives you more experience on top of that. If anything, struggling for more loot is more rewarding than punishing.
            You're at your strongest relative to the enemies you fight. As you go, they do more damage and soak up more hits at a rate that not only can you not outpace but that quickly leaves you in the dust.

Comment

Maybe they're playing on too high a difficulty, but I thought they were on normal. They've invariably died on the fourth boss though, or before. I dunno if it's because it scales based on your party size or if they were playing it wrong, or if they're just bad, but...

You're at your strongest relative to the enemies you fight. As you go, they do more damage and soak up more hits at a rate that not only can you not outpace but that quickly leaves you in the dust.
              Fair enough. If it doesn't appeal to you, then I can't argue with that, but I'm telling you that the game's fun, so take that as you will.

OT: Reinstalled Dead Cells. Always loved the aesthetic, but was never a fan of 2D gameplay. Though it's pretty addicting once you get the hang of the controls and use of the items. Parrying is so much fun and satisfying, and so far the whip is my favorite weapon.

Fuck that Black Bridge boss tho.

Comment

Fair enough. If it doesn't appeal to you, then I can't argue with that, but I'm telling you that the game's fun, so take that as you will.

OT: Reinstalled Dead Cells. Always loved the aesthetic, but was never a fan of 2D gameplay. Though it's pretty addicting once you get the hang of the controls and use of the items. Parrying is so much fun and satisfying, and so far the whip is my favorite weapon.

Fuck that Black Bridge boss tho.
                It definitely looks fun, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the structure.

Dead Cells is still real fun. The black bridge boss went from almost impossible to pretty cheese able to me, after a while.

Comment

It definitely looks fun, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the structure.

Dead Cells is still real fun. The black bridge boss went from almost impossible to pretty cheese able to me, after a while.
                  Right especially when you get a good run going. Though then you run into further bosses like the Timekeeper. Fuck that guy too, lol

Comment

Right especially when you get a good run going. Though then you run into further bosses like the Timekeeper. Fuck that guy too, lol
                    I've never been past the Wharf area, to be honest.

Comment

If there was any boss in a Fromsoft game deserving of the title "pleb filter" it's got to be this fucker. Singlehandedly caused the whole recent difficulty controversy on social media. The fight is much easier if you have the fire prosthetic though.

Comment

Issa That game looks like alot of work

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
                          Issa That game looks like alot of work
                          It's easy.

Just pick up gold shit. If you wanna get into the deeper builds later on well that's a different story.

Truth be told it's a lot more straight forward that lots of other games in the genre.

Comment

Picked up Sekiro but I'm not gonna play it just yet. Wanna finish some other games first.
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Really enjoying Mafia 2. My major complaint with the game's plot is that it's not really leading anywhere.

Comment

enter the gungeon (they just released the final content drop)

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                  Picked up Sekiro but I'm not gonna play it just yet. Wanna finish some other games first.
                                  I still wanna finish the other Souls games before I get it, so I'm not looking to buy it for a long while.

DS 3 isn't even on my radar any more, and my PS4's busted rn so I can't even get on Bloodborne.

Comment

I still wanna finish the other Souls games before I get it, so I'm not looking to buy it for a long while.

DS 3 isn't even on my radar any more, and my PS4's busted rn so I can't even get on Bloodborne.
                                    You really should play them whenever you get the chance. I know I like to shit on DS3 a bit sometimes but it really does have a lot of great boss fights and weapons.
                                    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Completed Mafia 2. What's with games having completely underwhelming endings? Not as bad as Bioshock Infinite's though. DLC doesn't seem worth going through, and I''ve kind of had my fill of the game.

Anyway, in terms of next game, rather than Far Cry 3, might play Arkham Knight or Origins. I bought Knight literally a few weeks after it came out and haven't gotten to it almost 4 years later lol. I'm veering towards Origins.

I also might start Broken Age ( haven't played an Adventure game in ages), and finally get to Valkyria Chronicles after nearly 5 years of owning it lol.

Comment

Finally made it into chapter 9 of One Piece World Seeker. I'm pretty far into the side quests and everything. Up to 68% trophy completion.
                                        Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                                        Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
                                        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 75 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

Finally fucking did it. I finally got my last gold crown and 100% Monster Hunter World's trophies. I'm now part of that 1.1% elite.

Comment

Working...
                                          X