What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh damn it goes that far? I only beat him once. lol

Path of pain and Radiance made me very mad many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
      Oh damn it goes that far? I only beat him once. lol

Path of pain and Radiance made me very mad many times.
      It actually goes up to 10.

It gains 100+ health every defeat up to the 4th one. It'll gain 2 additional attacks at that point; exploding bombs, and minions that he spits out.

And he'll have double damage. After the 4th, the only increments will be the damage output up to the 10th Prince.

I decided to go as far as the 4th because there were plot goodies in just beating the first 4, and a pretty lackluster reward for thereafter (the statue becomes golden as a reward for basically going through hell for god knows how long).

So I think I'll skip out on the retries, 2 damage per hit was bad enough.

Honestly, path of pain didn't make me mad. Since everything's fairly predictable, I can just practice till I'm perfect like I did with everything in Super Meat Boy. Died at the very end but finished the whole like 5 minutes later because I’d gotten so good at the sections.

And Radiance seemed very hard at first, but with the right build, you can quickly whittle down her health, and avoid facing too many situations with tight spots in them over time.

I sacrificed my typical nail range for strength and quickness, especially with the charge attacks. Quick focus also helps. Might have had the agility charm locked in there too.
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 17th, 2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Welp, I beat KH3. Got done with the epilogue and secret ending just now.

...*sigh*...

By the way, I called it that Xigbar was some kind of reincarnation of Luxu

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
          Welp, I beat KH3. Got done with the epilogue and secret ending just now.

...*sigh*...

By the way, I called it that Xigbar was some kind of reincarnation of Luxu

Game wasn’t that good for you...?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Game wasn’t that good for you...?
            The game itself is great. The ending is exasperating.

Comment

The game itself is great. The ending is exasperating.
              Overly convoluted?

Comment

...*sigh*...
                get owned idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post

get owned idiot
                  And you loved what they did with the box, right?

Comment

And you loved what they did with the box, right?

i think the box should've only been in the epilogue and not mentioned during the main story, maleficent and pete were grossly misused

but yeah i did love it unironically, very hyped for the next storyline

Comment

Oh, RussianCoffeeAddict if anyone complains about the KH storyline being convoluted, they either don't care about it or have deficient intelligence.

i think the box should've only been in the epilogue and not mentioned during the main story, maleficent and pete were grossly misused

but yeah i did love it unironically, very hyped for the next storyline
                      See- I would be hyped too. Except...

I literally went straight from Back Cover to KH3. It's in extremely bad taste to use the same cliffhanger twice in a row, Imo. Tossing out Pete and Maleficent wouldn't be a bad idea, but then the epilogue would have literally no ties to the main game. I dunno, that all seemed mishandled to me.

Oh, and speaking of mishandled, what the fuck was this about Xehanort's "I want to reset the world to make it better again" bullshit? That came out of nowhere, was super out-of-character, and on top of that it's almost as overused as the "my friends are my power" stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested to see what the next one has to offer. I just feel like this ending was underwhelming.

Comment

Oh, RussianCoffeeAddict if anyone complains about the KH storyline being convoluted, they either don't care about it or have deficient intelligence.
                        I mean, I really haven't played it, so I was just kind of guessing what had you exasperated, lol.

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                          OrganizationXV commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you have a spare couple months, I'd say go for it. Lol.

See- I would be hyped too. Except...

I literally went straight from Back Cover to KH3. It's in extremely bad taste to use the same cliffhanger twice in a row, Imo. Tossing out Pete and Maleficent wouldn't be a bad idea, but then the epilogue would have literally no ties to the main game. I dunno, that all seemed mishandled to me.

Oh, and speaking of mishandled, what the fuck was this about Xehanort's "I want to reset the world to make it better again" bullshit? That came out of nowhere, was super out-of-character, and on top of that it's almost as overused as the "my friends are my power" stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested to see what the next one has to offer. I just feel like this ending was underwhelming.

The epilogue didn't need to have ties to the main story, all that did was make dumb people think the box would be relevant to the Xehanort saga at the very end when it really wasn't.

Xehanort wanting to reset the world absolutely isn't out of nowhere, he's always talked about the other side of Kingdom Hearts and his ultimate goal being what happens after he summoned it. He's also always referring to wanting darkness and light in balance, so his goal of balance lying on the other side of a summoned Kingdom Hearts makes perfect sense.

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                          OrganizationXV commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's not the resetting the world part that bugs me, it's the part where he wants to get rid of all that icky darkness that he controls and embraces.

• Culpa the Moth Mage
                          Editing a comment
                          He may control darkness, but he was still raised in the light and taught to fear it. Why do closet gays shoot other gays? They've been conditioned to hate what they are. He saw himself doing the work that nobody else would to get the job done. That's even pretty much what he told Sora during the final battle.

• OrganizationXV
                          OrganizationXV commented
                          Editing a comment
                          At one point he talks about darkness tainting the light. This was AFTER HE COVERED KINGDOM HEARTS WITH DARKNESS.

That's like a closet gay man getting back at other gays by aggressively bottoming them.

I'm just going to assume he was possessed by the Master of Masters and that's why he's so irrational.

My only qualm with Mal and Pete is that I thought that this was going to be their end in the story as well, but KH3 showed more that Mal was becoming an actual force in this war, and not just a bitch with an ego. She learned a lot from her past mistakes and took this time to sit back and watch.
                        The box was always going to be setting up for the next chapter. Hell, all of Back Cover was setting up the next chapter in the series.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
                        Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
                        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 71 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

The epilogue didn't need to have ties to the main story, all that did was make dumb people think the box would be relevant to the Xehanort saga at the very end when it really wasn't.

Xehanort wanting to reset the world absolutely isn't out of nowhere, he's always talked about the other side of Kingdom Hearts and his ultimate goal being what happens after he summoned it. He's also always referring to wanting darkness and light in balance, so his goal of balance lying on the other side of a summoned Kingdom Hearts makes perfect sense.

If that's the case, then they should've held off on the epilogue altogether. Basically the pre-credits cutscene was the epilogue and we got an extra secret movie for free.

Maybe I should rewatch the scene, but the way he was talking, it made it sound like this dude that thrives on negative emotions didn't like this world because it was too dark. I get the part about light and darkness having a balance, but it was never a moral crusade with him.

Comment

if anyone complains about the KH storyline being convoluted, they either don't care about it or have deficient intelligence.
                            Indeed! I don't give two shits about KH's story. However, I will say their phrasing is absolutely the fucking worse. Some of that dialog is cringing and confusing as hell even when you know what they are talking about. That dialog could've been redone.

You should check out Donkey's video on KH3 which pretty much sums it up. Better dialog and better terms for certain things would've gone a long way to sell the story better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Indeed! I don't give two shits about KH's story. However, I will say their phrasing is absolutely the fucking worse. Some of that dialog is cringing and confusing as hell even when you know what they are talking about. That dialog could've been redone.

You should check out Donkey's video on KH3 which pretty much sums it up. Better dialog and better terms for certain things would've gone a long way to sell the story better.
                              That's definitely fair, the writing is the weakest part of the story. That aside, though, it's a well-crafted tale that intrigues and entertained like no other in the games industry.

Comment

That's definitely fair, the writing is the weakest part of the story. That aside, though, it's a well-crafted tale that intrigues and entertained like no other in the games industry.
                                I don't know about that, hrmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

I don't know about that, hrmm.
                                  I know you don't.

Comment

Pffthahaha

Comment

you really want that free disneyland visit huh
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Working...
                                      X