What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>incandescent stones can still drop low tier rewards

It's like Capcom wants people to not play their game. Fuck.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
    Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

Been playing a few puzzle games lately. Mostly Picross and a game called Scalak, both of which I've spent a couple hours on and having a blast with. Was a nice little hiatus from some of the more stressful games with relaxing music and just an overall chill environment.

Also got a deal on a bundle for some Myst games, so I'm thinking of giving those a shot as well.
      Last edited by Thar; December 20th, 2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

been playing the shit outta dead rising and resident evil 4, anyone have any other good zombie games

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
          been playing the shit outta dead rising and resident evil 4, anyone have any other good zombie games
          I've heard a lot of good things about Dying Light. The freeroaming aspect is real fun, I can tell you.

Comment

Some of my community and my streaming friends have been so generous over the holiday season and I feel so blessed.

So, unrelated to that, I got Humble Bundle's free game for subbing their news letter. Until the 22nd Lego LotR is free for steam users. Good stuff. This is the first game where Lego games actually started being good. I've played a lot with my wife and friends. Didn't care for them until they made this large open-world lego game packed with characters.
            Much better than games like Lego Harry Potter or Lego Pirates or even the first Lego Batman game (though that one was pretty good compared to a lot of the early lego games)

Related to my first paragraph, I had 1 subscriber send me a new desk lamp from Amazon. Another is sending me his old GPU (GeForce GTX 1070), I've gotten 4 steam games and now a nintendo switch indie. I have a lot to play coming up thanks to some wonderful people.
            And I should be able to upgrade my RAM and get my controller adapter and a few other things at the beginning of next month. Hopefully a game or 2 that I missed out on recently, as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
            Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow or Subscribe!
            PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 70 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Comment

I finally got that light bowgun that was added to Kulve Taroth's lootpool months ago that I gave up on trying to get. Not one of the new weapons they added but I'll take it.
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
              I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
              Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

Man, I just had some intense-ass matches with a friend in Sm4sh. We each have three amiibos so we put them on separate teams and then put ourselves on a third and tried to survive. It never worked...

Then we finished it off with me and my guys vs. him and his. It came down to me and him left at the end, it was amazing.

Comment

Just got done playing some Toy Soldiers. Toy Soldiers Complete finally works, and the original Toy Soldiers is now more fun than ever with its newly acquired high quality, smooth graphics. Finished two missions on elite (being honest, it is in some ways easier than the easier difficulties, lol).

Seriously, there is just something...majestic, in ripping apart my enemies with so much heavy, coordinated artillery fire...

Comment

Just got Odyssey on sale and started playing it this morning. Right off the bat the level cap is insane. Fighting a level 4 enemy at level 2 is almost impossible.

That aside, I'm enjoying it so far

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                      Just got Odyssey on sale and started playing it this morning. Right off the bat the level cap is insane. Fighting a level 4 enemy at level 2 is almost impossible.

As you get better gear and skills, the levels don't matter quite as much. Before I stopped playing it, I was regularly taking down guys with five or ten levels on me. It really pays off to invest in assassination skills and to focus on assassin damage.

Comment

Just keep picking up those power moons, you'll beat that rascally Bowser yet!

Comment

>struggles to kill level 5 mercenary at level 4
                          >next related quest recommended at level 25

Fuuuuuuuuck that

Comment

Replaying RE1 remaster to get myself in the mood for RE2 remake

Comment

Played a lot of games yesterday.

Gunpoint-Spy game where you jump really high and mess with the guards to hack things. Fun.

Deadbolt-You get to be a guy going around killing drugged out undead guys in stealthy-or conspicuous-ways. Fun to try and see what strategies work out.

Geometry Wars 3-You get to kill a lot of shapes in oddly shaped areas. Interesting, but it'll take some getting used to (getting 3 stars on just level one was surprisingly difficult, but I'm sure it's possible, I just need to go in a bit harder on it).

Hotline Miami-Now this shit is REALLY fun. Weird and trippy, but it's amazing to run in and blitz the shit out of everyone like a pure badass with that great music playing. Gets me in a blitz mood. Froze a few times, unfortunately, even with the upgrade. Not sure why, but it still runs smooth otherwise. Takes some attempts to be fast and efficient enough to get an A+, but like some other games, retrying is a pleasure, not a pain. The mask with the deadly fists is my fav so far.

Rive-Now that it's upgraded, it runs almost perfectly (a couple of weird moments of freezing, but they were short and rare). Unfortunately, it's a lot harder now that everything's usually much faster with a lot on screen. But it's not impossible.

Toy Soldiers Complete-Didn't work at all, now runs so well I'm shocked. Cold War's fun as hell. All the greatness of the first, but with double the tweaks and quirks to make killing things even more enjoyable. The original Toy Soldiers has a few annoying changes (you can't skip the intro and get straight into the business when it's done loading) but has some good ones too, like upgrades to the weapons to make killing things easier. Gonna blitz up to the point I'm in on the original one to try and elite the missions at the same time, as both this version and the original Toy Soldiers both have enough differences for me to enjoy both (although being honest, I prefer the original version).

N++-Runs well on max settings. Revisited a cock-sucking level where all the gold is a pain to get...but it's possible after a lot of tries. Still very fun. Feels similar to Super Meat Boy in terms of the rush of speeding through everything so well. It's just slower, and a lot bigger of a game.

Now all I need to do is revisit all my old Steam games that specifically ran like shit and play the fuck out of them.

First one is GearGuns. Tried that out, you play as a tank that blows up aliens.

The second one is Enter The Gungeon. Shit was fun, but apparently, 8-bit graphics wasn't enough to save this from an awful slowdown fate on my mechanical potato. Now I can play this shit easily at maximum settings.

Super Meat Boy ran well on low settings, but now I can run it on the highest no prob. Still fun as hell, haven't lost my skills entirely.

Celeste was fine from the get-go, but I'm wondering if the memory transferred over (haven't gone back to it yet), seeing as Downwell got amnesia, but all the other games I tested didn't lose their memory. Downwell's basically a game where you do the namesake, and kill enemies and go through levels getting upgrades. Almost beat it when I first got it, but never tried it again even though it was fun as hell.

The End Is Nigh ran terribly even on LOW-end settings at times, and it looked so crappy I didn't have as much fun with it. With this new baby, it'll be great, I'm sure.

It's like I'm meeting Steam all over again.

Oh, and now I can use emulators for any and all games without any problem now, lol.

I got Spyro 1 on here, actually, it'll probably run well now. Although I'd rather just have the Reignited trilogy.

Fuuuuuuuuck that
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 28th, 2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuck that
                                Are you not doing side content?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Are you not doing side content?
                                  Never said I wasn't. Hell, I don't think you can even get through the game without doing that. Just seeing the number after completing the quest gave me a scare is all. It'll take some progress to get to that point either way.

Comment

Never said I wasn't. Hell, I don't think you can even get through the game without doing that. Just seeing the number after completing the quest gave me a scare is all. It'll take some progress to get to that point either way.
                                    Generally I found it's easier to just 100% an area before moving on with the main story. It doesn't take long, you level up reasonably fast and you get a shit ton of loot that you can decon for mats to help improve your ship and legendary gear. Also focus on the assassin tree the a.i is extremely dumb making it easy to hide and use rush assassination to kill enemies quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Generally I found it's easier to just 100% an area before moving on with the main story. It doesn't take long, you level up reasonably fast and you get a shit ton of loot that you can decon for mats to help improve your ship and legendary gear. Also focus on the assassin tree the a.i is extremely dumb making it easy to hide and use rush assassination to kill enemies quickly.
                                      lol yeah the ai certainly hasn't changed and honestly im not complaining

Comment

Just downloaded seven eight new Steam games because the deals were good, on top of all my other games. Half because I remembered that there was some extra money on my card that was really put in there for Christmas gifts but I totally forgot about till now...sooooooo...cool. I'll try and keep some for when I get back to mah dorm. Can't spend it all on games...because there is some sweet, sweet fucking ice cream I can get with it at the campus. That, or I'll get a textbook with the remaining money (one of them will probably be really cheap like last time).

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove; already have the first version on my Wii U), but apparently getting this now will let me get the next two additions to the game for free, and at a 20% discount, on top of what is essentially the multiplication of the already existing fun (two extra campaigns bundled in with it, which, from what I can tell, are all roughly equivalent to the first...well worth the price then).

LuftRausers; you play as a plane that shoots stuff and you get a lot of combinations to do that. Seems fun. I'll play this while everything else downloads.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine; Doom-like in its rampage nature, but you get to be a Humanazi as you rape the shit out of all the xenos.

Ori and the blind forest; can't go wrong with platformers and this one looks excellent. Reminds me of the recent Rayman games, but takes the graphics up another notch.

Bit-blasters; for half a buck, it seemed like a nice purchase. Basically top-down asteroids-on-steroids stuff.

Garage: Bad Trip; wanted to get it on Switch, but here it was at a discount price, soooo...more of that rampaging top-down action I love.

Azure Striker Gunvolt; reminds me of Mega-Man, and I like that, so this'll be fun.

Doom; the new one looks sweet as hell, and because my computer isn't shit, I can play it now. Game's huge though, so it might be at reduced settings...but certainly not by much, lol.
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 29th, 2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Everybody talking about how Epic Store is going to challenge Steam, when GOG is the future.
                                          Getting SOMA for free was a nice surprise, so I now I have an excuse to play it sooner than later
                                          DokTOR. this is for you buddy, wherever you are these days
                                          Last edited by Louay; December 29th, 2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X