Marvel Comics General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

I wanna see the oh team reassemble. Their abilities more or less improved a lot. Flamboyant ice man is my only complaint lol.
    I would too, but I don't think Beast and Cyclops can ever be cool again.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

I would too, but I don't think Beast and Cyclops can ever be cool again.
      I think they can but under a proper story. They would need a good villain. Which brings me to ask what happened to all the good villains? The ones still around lost some of their edge.

Comment

I think they can but under a proper story. They would need a good villain. Which brings me to ask what happened to all the good villains? The ones still around lost some of their edge.
        Magneto revamped the brotherhood with Exodus, Uniscione and Elixir, Emma Frost is the new Black King of the HFC with Mystique as her new White Queen and Stryfe is back with his own AU X-Force that has a Storm. I would say Ahab and his hounds too, but I'm pretty sure Stryfe killed the shit out of him since he has Rachel.

Plenty challenging villain on the table. Too bad the X-Office decided to go with extinction event number 8765. The cure shit is folly. Age of X-Man is garbage too. Nate Grey is a garbage and irrelevant character to begin with.
        Last edited by Issa; February 21st, 2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Magneto revamped the brotherhood with Exodus, Uniscione and Elixir, Emma Frost is the new Black King of the HFC with Mystique as her new White Queen and Stryfe is back with his own AU X-Force that has a Storm. I would say Ahab and his hounds too, but I'm pretty sure Stryfe killed the shit out of him since he has Rachel.

Plenty challenging villain on the table. Too bad the X-Office decided to go with extinction event number 8765. The cure shit is folly. Age of X-Man is garbage too. Nate Grey is a garbage and irrelevant character to begin with.
          Meh just seems like the usual suspects going full circle again. I mean is creating new villains and storylines impossible for these writers. The xmen has been doing the same shit for too long. Time to do some new shit. I mean they got Tchalla as a space slave turned rebellion leader. That is a bit more a long the lines of creating of new adventures. Xmen is extinction, magneto & company tearing some shit up, and xmen returning from the dead. They used to be more versatile than this. Only thing they do now is change the characters personalities more so for the worse. Comics like FF are trying to be different and maintain the og spirit at the same and it's been pretty good.

Comment

Meh just seems like the usual suspects going full circle again. I mean is creating new villains and storylines impossible for these writers. The xmen has been doing the same shit for too long. Time to do some new shit. I mean they got Tchalla as a space slave turned rebellion leader. That is a bit more a long the lines of creating of new adventures. Xmen is extinction, magneto & company tearing some shit up, and xmen returning from the dead. They used to be more versatile than this. Only thing they do now is change the characters personalities more so for the worse. Comics like FF are trying to be different and maintain the og spirit at the same and it's been pretty good.

Preaching to the choir. X-Office seems hell-bent on reliving the trash bulk of the 90s instead going back to the golden age of X-Men where superheroics were priority and they actually felt like a family. Brood world, the Shi'ar, Hala, the Savage Land, the Morlocks etc.

Claremont had the juice. Only Morrison as controversial as his run was came close.

They lost the plot somewhere and decided that extinction events are what anybody asked for. Like nobody asked for an Age of X-Man...nobody

Then there's the fact that that so many of these writers just flat out disrespect their predecessors work leading to all the canon confusion and characters being in like three books at one time. Dani Moonstar for example is in the Age of X-Man yet she's also in Uncanny X-Men on Cyclops team. Two completely different universe. Even editorial is on some shit. In a spread page detailing all the X-Men fighting Nate Grey and his horseman in the Uncanny Annual there were two Storms. Two fucking Storms. Yes that made it past editorial...

Comment

Preaching to the choir. X-Office seems hell-bent on reliving the trash bulk of the 90s instead going back to the golden age of X-Men where superheroics were priority and they actually felt like a family. Brood world, the Shi'ar, Hala, the Savage Land, the Morlocks etc.

Claremont had the juice. Only Morrison as controversial as his run was came close.

They lost the plot somewhere and decided that extinction events are what anybody asked for. Like nobody asked for an Age of X-Man...nobody

Then there's the fact that that so many of these writers just flat out disrespect their predecessors work leading to all the canon confusion and characters being in like three books at one time. Dani Moonstar for example is in the Age of X-Man yet she's also in Uncanny X-Men on Cyclops team. Two completely different universe. Even editorial is on some shit. In a spread page detailing all the X-Men fighting Nate Grey and his horseman in the Uncanny Annual there were two Storms. Two fucking Storms. Yes that made it past editorial...
              The comics I have been fucking with lately mainly dial back the soap operas and have gotten to the basics. Shit doesn’t always have to be about genocides. Nevermind that narrative should have been changed. Marvel universe has way too many enhanced humans to still be pushing that narrative.

Comment

RCO015.jpg

Comment

T5 threads:

FB_IMG_1563279198734.jpg

Comment

mnx.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                      The GOAT back at it again.

Hickman is gonna knock this shit outta the park.

Comment

Comment

Going to midtown manhattan this week. Recc me something X-men please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomie View Post
                            Going to midtown manhattan this week. Recc me something X-men please.
                            house/powers of X. final issue next week

Comment

PG-13 yondu comic turning out great

SUPERIOROCTOPUS.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X