Marvel Comics General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
    Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Comment

just finished Death of Inhumans #5

some are still dead i guess but not the genocide i was hoping for

also reading Shatterstar #2

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Gold View Post
        just finished Death of Inhumans #5

some are still dead i guess but not the genocide i was hoping for

also reading Shatterstar #2
        The entire book was some ass. The Inhumans are gonna fall even further into obscurity now.

Comment

• The Poster Formerly Known as Teal
          Editing a comment
          really weak cop-out, they're off the map now but marvel didn't have the nuts to erase them. Corny villain and ending too

Inhumans didn't deserve that to happen to their series. Marvel ruined a classic because of trying to make them replace an even bigger classic. Never a huge inhumans fan. But I always liked the characters floating around marvel. But never really liked their series. Same thing for guardians to be honest.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
          Inhumans didn't deserve that to happen to their series. Marvel ruined a classic because of trying to make them replace an even bigger classic. Never a huge inhumans fan. But I always liked the characters floating around marvel. But never really liked their series. Same thing for guardians to be honest.
          I only ever liked them in Bloodties. It really played on the fact that Luna was a mutant as well as an Inhuman.

Too bad that story is up in the wind after the Pietro retcon.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

I only ever liked them in Bloodties. It really played on the fact that Luna was a mutant as well as an Inhuman.

Too bad that story is up in the wind after the Pietro retcon.
            Blackbolt has always been a dope character to me. Atleast before the xmen vs Inhumans rivalry marvel started/. He was the only Inhuman to trascend his book in my opinion.

Comment

Blackbolt has always been a dope character to me. Atleast before the xmen vs Inhumans rivalry marvel started/. He was the only Inhuman to trascend his book in my opinion.
              He and Cyclops were like bros in many stories and he didn't even hesitate to clap humans and Apocalypse with Magneto in HoM.

Having him detonate a Bomb and on EARTH(even against Thanos) of all of places was so far out of character. It took Gabriel Summers turning him and his family into paste before even considered it.

Even worse is after the fact they put Reponzel on the throne and banished him into nothingness until DoX as if he had no part in the entire fiasco. Marvel really messed those stories up.

Comment

He and Cyclops were like bros in many stories and he didn't even hesitate to clap humans and Apocalypse with Magneto in HoM.

******Having him detonate a Bomb and on EARTH(even against Thanos) of all of places was so far out of character. It took Gabriel Summers turning him and his family into paste before even considered it.

Even worse is after the fact they put Reponzel on the throne and banished him into nothingness until DoX as if he had no part in the entire fiasco. Marvel really messed those stories up.
                That is a problem Marvel has in general. They either have to change characters core personality or kill them. They run into a wall and choose those options instead of retiring the character gracefully.
                Last edited by 40 acres; November 9th, 2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

That is a problem Marvel has in general. They either have to change characters core personality or kill them. They run into a wall and choose those options instead of retiring the character gracefully.
                  The Inhumans always shined in fewer numbers with Infinity they were slowly gaining popularity outside of their core fanbase, but Marvel decide to hamfist the process without any real plan and then we got the Nu Humans who outside of Ms. Maarvel, Moon Girl, and Quake are either dead or in permanent limbo. The entire concept of New Attilan was a joke, Black Vortex being the ruin of Hala was a joke, and the InHumans not immediately returning to space post Thanos via Stark and the FF(which was eluded to was way in 2009) was an even bigger joke. Marvel forgot to bubble the condom and pulled out to late. Now they have to abort.
                  Last edited by Issa; November 9th, 2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The Inhumans always shined in fewer numbers with Infinity they were slowly gaining popularity outside of their core fanbase, but Marvel decide to hamfist the process without any real plan and then we got the Nu Humans who outside of Ms. Maarvel, Moon Girl, and Quake are either dead or in permanent limbo. The entire concept of New Attilan was a joke, Black Vortex being the ruin of Hala was a joke, and the InHumans not immediately returning to space post Thanos via Stark and the FF(which was eluded to was way in 2009) was an even bigger joke. Marvel forgot to bubble the condom and pulled out to late. Now they have to abort.
                    That goes back to the fact that Marvel doesn't just let their writers write. They write towards the agenda of making a profit. They couldn't make money off of the Xmen so they pushed inhumans. The inhumans didn't get the reception they wanted failed tv show and etc was the first strike. Next came the fox acquisition so it's back to fuck the inhumans go x men. So the writers are tasked with the switch. All the books prior to the fox acquisition is follow the trend writing. You can see a drastic difference in a few books now after the dust settled. Everything is being reset prior to the fox ban years. Fantastic four is a good example.

Comment

>Arc billed as the "Death of the Inhumans"
                      >Don't have the nuts to kill of a single named character aside from Max(?), much less the Midnight King himself

2.5/10. I would honestly much rather they just let Black Bolt die with dignity rather than have him pull a Banner somewhere down the line... Still, guess it would be interesting if he got his voice back and indirectly offed Carol (who's half-Kree now).
                      Last edited by Oneiros; November 13th, 2018, 12:47 AM.

Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

i would've liked the other inhumans to be wiped out except for BB so he can go off and do stuff without talking about being king or destiny or whatever

and then whenever Marvel does another universe reset he can go back to it at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Gold View Post
                          i would've liked the other inhumans to be wiped out except for BB so he can go off and do stuff without talking about being king or destiny or whatever

and then whenever Marvel does another universe reset he can go back to it at some point
                          That's all BB has as a character now. War of Kings was the last time he was respectfully written.

Comment

New Black Panther run fire as fuck. Got Tchalla out here on a Riddick like adventure.

Comment

old man murdock spinoff maybe

tumblr_p7cmz5o6tP1qz5rxno8_1280.jpg

Comment

Immortal Hulk has been great

Comment

clops.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                  X