Marvel Comics General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redx View Post
    Just heard America is finally getting cancelled. It's not much but it's a step in the right direction.
    Probably r.i.p Iceman next

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Iceman is over in March and so is Generation X.

Sales are shit all across the board for Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

They need a reboot tbh. They won't do it though. At least they learned pandering doesn't equate sales.

Comment

They need a reboot tbh. They won't do it though. At least they learned pandering doesn't equate sales.
          Can't blame them for trying. The most outspoken whiners when it comes to them making books heard away from the traditional never actually bought their shit anyways.

I mean when every book across the board is failing there's a bigger problem that needs to be fix. Like how they sell their books for one.

That 10+ variant shit to push a books price up by an extra 3 bucks is trash and not something that can keep them alive in the long run. The over saturation of crossovers and events don't help either. Get rid of everybody.

Comment

Can't blame them for trying. The most outspoken whiners when it comes to them making books heard away from the traditional never actually bought their shit anyways.

I mean when every book across the board is failing there's a bigger problem that needs to be fix. Like how they sell their books for one.

That 10+ variant shit to push a books price up by an extra 3 bucks is trash and not something that can keep them alive in the long run. The over saturation of crossovers and events don't help either. Get rid of everybody.
            To be fair marvel has been sucking for a long time as a whole. With great storylines being the exception instead of the norm. The movies actually saved it and revived it.

Well the events do get annoying as fuck. You can't fall behind and the individuals editions for characters have huge missing gaps if you are not keeping up. That turns people off when they don't know what the fuck is going on. It has proven that if the stories completely focus on the title characters it will sell. That is why I used to love the ultimate verse before they nuked it. The stories were great new and didn't really didn't rely on crossovers or gimmicks.

Comment

Yup

Comment

Yup

I tried reading Iceman it just wasn't a good book to me. It had shit to do with diversity people like Laura as wolverine for example. The difference is the story doesn't spend it's time on pining about her being a woman. Iceman legit is defined about being gay vs his superhero aspect.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tomie View Post

Grace was doing a good job in wrapping up Bobby's problem with self and covering corners. Shame we won't get to see a final version of his Bobby Drake.

He's right about solo X-Books being a hard sell. These numbers were extraordinarily bad though and pretty much a reflection of Marvels overall sales slump. I think to only book that cracked top 10 was Star Wars.
                    Last edited by Issa; December 20th, 2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Tomie
                      Tomie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's not the 90's anymore, really hard to sell a solo X-book, back then you could give a solo series to nameless characters like Nate Grey and have them sell. Times have changed, I will check out the Ice-Man series though.

Does anybody know if Dr. Stranges solo series is still being published?

Comment

I tried reading Iceman it just wasn't a good book to me. It had shit to do with diversity people like Laura as wolverine for example. The difference is the story doesn't spend it's time on pining about her being a woman. Iceman legit is defined about being gay vs his superhero aspect.
                      Exactly. The Iceman comic was more about cringey identity politics and pandering opposed to actual superheroes acting like heroes.

Thats the problem with all these "diversity" characters. They're barely "heroes" let alone "characters". They're just empty tokens.

Comment

I think comics have always been heavy handed with politics for a while now, but they definitely have racked it up in recent years. I guess it depends on the person, but I can understand if some people can't tolerate it because it can get annoying. For me, I generally just laugh.

Comment

Let's all take a moment to remember X-Factor with bisexual Mystique and her GMILF true love Destiny.

Mystique was the original LGBTQ X-Mam. Don't get it twisted.
                          Last edited by Issa; December 21st, 2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomie View Post
                            I think comics have always been heavy handed with politics for a while now, but they definitely have racked it up in recent years. I guess it depends on the person, but I can understand if some people can't tolerate it because it can get annoying. For me, I generally just laugh.
                            Yeah but good writers back then wrote actual diversity not SJW diversity. Even DC's doing it better.

Comment

Let's all take a moment to remember X-Factor with bisexual Mystique and her GMILF true love Destiny.

Mystique was the original LGBTQ X-Mam. Don't get it twisted.
                              Yeah but the story didn't make a cringe dialogue about her coming out of the closet for several issues. It was just part of her character.

In other news wondering if they are going to fully resurrect Xavier after catching up in astonishing.

Comment

Yeah but the story didn't make a cringe dialogue about her coming out of the closet for several issues. It was just part of her character.

In other news wondering if they are going to fully resurrect Xavier after catching up in astonishing.
                                That's because she didn't come out of the closet. Her situation was completely different from Iceman's. It'd be more weird if they made him gay and then just acted like he was completely normal with it after a month. The book was about him coming to terms with what he was and using it to grow as a hero and man which is exactly what it did. From dealing with his parents to finally not being too pussy to use his Omega Level abilities. The best thing about the book IMO is that Sins didn't ignore Lou's Astonishing run.

Xavier, Jean, and Logan are all basically confirmed for resurrection.
                                Last edited by Issa; December 22nd, 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Great channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...6Y7lZaRQH_bcqw

Comment

That's because she didn't come out of the closet. Her situation was completely different from Iceman's. It'd be more weird if they made him gay and then just acted like he was completely normal with it after a month. The book was about him coming to terms with what he was and using it to grow as a hero and man which is exactly what it did. From dealing with his parents to finally not being too pussy to use his Omega Level abilities. The best thing about the book IMO is that Sins didn't ignore Lou's Astonishing run.

Xavier, Jean, and Logan are all basically confirmed for resurrection.
                                    Again it was a story about coming out. To each his own but it seemed weak to me. No real struggle outside of the dynamic of being gay. A story like that in 2017 is unnecessary to say the least.

What about cyclops? If they are going the bring back the og charcters can't forget him.
                                    Been on this channel. Good for catching up.
                                    Last edited by 40 acres; December 23rd, 2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Again it was a story about coming out. To each his own but it seemed weak to me. No real struggle outside of the dynamic of being gay. A story like that in 2017 is unnecessary to say the least.

What about cyclops? If they are going the bring back the og charcters can't forget him.

Been on this channel. Good for catching up.
                                      Cyke's been dead for what almost two years now? Probably late 2018.

Problem is if they bring him back then he'll completely overshadow most of the other characters. I feel like they wanna establish a status quo in the X-Universe without him for a while.

They can't just have him coming back and running shit.

Comment

Cyke's been dead for what almost two years now? Probably late 2018.

Problem is if they bring him back then he'll completely overshadow most of the other characters. I feel like they wanna establish a status quo in the X-Universe without him for a while.

They can't just have him coming back and running shit.
                                        Well right now from what I have read the x universe the villains seem weak as fuck. Cyclops was like prime Magneto when he went out. I don't miss the boyscout version of him at all. Magneto jr cyclops was a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                        X