Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic Books - What are you currently reading?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goon2.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

I need to hit up the comic shop, but I need money. For now I'm just reading some Golden Age Green Arrow stuff drawn by Jack Kirby. The art is decent, but the story is so hard to push through lol
      I have 1 more TPB of Grell's run to read right now, but I'm waiting until I read the less desirable stuff.
      Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
      Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

I've never been a comic guy so I'm starting to get into the medium just to see what I missed, started The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and it's great so far

Comment

Just picked up some more of Grell's Green Arrow run, Archer's Quest, and all of Gerard Way's Doom Patrol run. Can't wait for them to arrive.
          Still slowly mustering through that Jack Kirby book and haven't touched the other Grell book I have. But I'm sure I'll want to now lol
          I also picked up the newest issue of Wonder Twins, Heroes in Crisis, Lucifer, and Wild Storm. Most of which have new issues coming this or next week xD

Comment

Kaiā€™ckul @ing you because I saw while searching for comic info on this site that you like Invincible,I've been meaning to read it. Is it good?

Comment

• Lord L'Zoril
              Lord L'Zoril commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes

Unless you mind tasteful gore

In which case, it's still good

Just finished reading Superman: American Alien. Decent read. 7 issue standalone mini-series that goes through different moments in Clark's life that led him to be Superman. It had 2 appearances by Oliver Queen. One before and one shortly after becoming Green Arrow (or at least getting stranded on Starfish Island). It was a fun read. Mostly got it as a minor entry for my GA collection, but I enjoyed it.

Also finished Teen Titans's current arc, The Terminus Agenda. That was alright. It at least got me curious as to how they're going to bring Deathstroke back.
            I'm interested in how the fallout will be from this. Some of the questions started at the beginning of this run have been answers. Others are still dangling there.

And I picked up the following trades - Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite, Doom Patrol Vol1 by Grant Morrison, Lucifer Book One, Green Arrow: Homecoming, Flex Mentallo, & Volume 1 of Scott Snyder's run of Justice League (current run).
            As well as a book on the history of Green Arrow from a production point of view, with interviews from the writers and artists that have been with the character.

I'm planning on grabbing Superman: Leviathan Rising, Action Comics 1011, Doomsday Clock 10, Heroes in Crisis 9, Batman: Last Knight on Earth, & Wildstorm 23 on Wednesday.
            Really wondering how Heroes in Crisis will end and this whole Leviathan event will start. Doomsday Clock has been a slow burn, but some big questions are supposed to be revealed, and Wildstorm seems to be reaching its end, but at least we'll have WILDCATS replacing it and hopefully a new run of The Authority and maybe a couple other titles in the WS line.
            I'm also really looking forward to June's release of the new titles in the Young Animal run. Doom Patrol, Far Sector, and The Collapser. Still wondering when the Earth-M line is going to launch.

Comment

Almost finished with the first book in Morrison's run of Doom Patrol.
              Great stuff. A lot of themes and arcs that the show used seem to have come from this run. Can't wait to see what's next in the comics and what comes next season of DP.

Comment

Finished the first book of Morrison's run of Doom Patrol. Great stuff. A lot of that was in the first season, so that was nice to read before re-watching.
                Also finished the Flex Mentallo stand alone series and the new GA/GL team up in Morrison's current run of GL.

DCeased 2 was a pretty damn good book. Can't wait to see what Tom Taylor gives us next.
                Wonder Twins has been shaping up nicely, and I'm excited that its run got announced that it is doubling.

Read up on Leviathan Rising and Event Leviathan. That has been good stuff so far.

And currently I'm reading Green Arrow: Homecoming, which covers issues 51-62 of the 80s-90s run (volume 2).
                Grabbed a bunch of stuff from the 2001 run and issues 81 and 87 of the 90s run for 50 cents each. I'll fill those holes soon.
                I'm moving to single issues where I'm currently at in the 2001 run, and I'll be moving to singles starting with issue 81 of the 90s. I have 2 trades left to purchase before that.

I also have issues 1-7 +25 of the current run of Justice League (i'll get more soon, and I'm starting to pick up the series when it comes out starting with that issue 25), the first trade of the first Lucifer series, & issues 1-6 of The Dreaming to read after this.

Comment

I want to read Invincible, can I just start from issue 1 and go up to the last or do i need to read all this bullshit ? https://imagecomics.fandom.com/wiki/..._Reading_Order

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight Extinction View Post
                    I want to read Invincible, can I just start from issue 1 and go up to the last or do i need to read all this bullshit ? https://imagecomics.fandom.com/wiki/..._Reading_Order
                    Nah you can read 1-144 without any extras for the most part. Later in the series (around the 70s or 80s) there is some supplemental stuff for that arc I think is better to read but with the exception of a few references you won't miss out on the vast majority of plot or major characters. I never read any Origin issues myself, I'd save those if you happen to really like a particular character.

Be prepared for a slow start and some cringey melodrama though. But when it picks up it does really well.
                    Last edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal; June 24th, 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post

Nah you can read 1-144 without any extras for the most part. Later in the series (around the 70s or 80s) there is some supplemental stuff for that arc I think is better to read but with the exception of a few references you won't miss out on the vast majority of plot or major characters. I never read any Origin issues myself, I'd save those if you happen to really like a particular character.

Be prepared for a slow start and some cringey melodrama though. But when it picks up it does really well.
                      Thanks man, if that's the case I'll start right away from issue 1, and around the issues that you mention I'll probably read that supplementary stuff

Comment

I've been reading Invincible all day, shit is real good. I'm on issue 43

Comment

I binged this shit hard, lol. Finished Invincible and gotta say, pretty fucking great from beginning to end. Peak was most likely mark vs conquest (round one) and I feel like after that it was mostly consistently good. Can't say much that I don't like but I guess that Eve's near death powers were a bit too convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight Extinction View Post
                            I binged this shit hard, lol. Finished Invincible and gotta say, pretty fucking great from beginning to end. Peak was most likely mark vs conquest (round one) and I feel like after that it was mostly consistently good. Can't say much that I don't like but I guess that Eve's near death powers were a bit too convenient.
                            yeah the conquest fight was really good, and same i wasn't a huge fan of eve's reviving either. Mark should have had a mourning arc then end up with that viltrumite babe

Comment

Second Coming's premiere was pretty good.

Seems like September and October have some great releases.
                              I picked up a couple of cheap TPBs. Mark Russell's Prez vol 1 and vol 1 of The Dreaming's current series are waiting to be read. I got Prez at Goodwill for 4 dollars, which was cool. I'll read them soon.
                              I also just finished reading a Green Arrow/Green Lantern crossover from 2003. The arc was called Urban Knights. I also have the next arc, Straight Shooter, which is 6 parts. That goes to issue 31. The run itself goes to 75, and I have 2-5 more single issues from the run. I'm getting close to finishing that run.

The other run I'm not finished with I have about 70 of the 139.I'm hoping to finish them both by the end of next year. I want to finish the 75 issue run by the end of this year.

Comment

House of X #1 is the first floppy I've pulled in almost half a year.

Comment

about to read through The Boys before the show comes out on amazon tomorrow

Comment

KillLock01-cvr.jpg

it's just 2 issues in but entertaining enough + good artwork

Comment

Thor, its cool to see him as King Thor herald of thunder, apparently whatever this black death thing is that destroyed the previous universe and has Galactus peeing himself is going to affect DC too.
                                      King Thor herald of thunder and the Immortal Hulk are supposed to jump Superman and Doomsday is supposed to sacrifice himself to save Supes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
                                        Thor, its cool to see him as King Thor herald of thunder, apparently whatever this black death thing is that destroyed the previous universe and has Galactus peeing himself is going to affect DC too.
                                        King Thor herald of thunder and the Immortal Hulk are supposed to jump Superman and Doomsday is supposed to sacrifice himself to save Supes.
                                        I'm curious as to why the fuck Doomsday would straight up sacrifice himself though.

Comment

Working...
                                        X