• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Comics General Discussion

For all Image comic discussions.

Spawn!

Comment

Image has some crazy good titles atm, but I'm waiting for them to finish up so I can read hem in one go.
      -

Comment

Like what Mags?

Comment

Saga, Wayward, Trees, Black Science, Southern Bastards, East of West, Lazarus, Wytches, Wicked + Divine etc.
          -

Comment

Nice.

You've always had good taste in comics tho, I guess.
            Among those I'd have to say Black Science is my favorite, love all the different worlds they end up in.

Comment

I've read the first arc of Black Science, and it really does seem like the story Remender was born to right. I hear he LOVES exploring alternate dimensions/planets.

Black Science's first arc also has to be one of the most perfect arcs I've read in a comic. An explosive roller coaster ride that hits right in every place.
              -

Comment

It's probably about time I caught up with Invincible and Black Science again. Haven't read Five Ghosts in a while either...

Comment

That latest Invincible issue tho... Lord. And DS, Kin don't even post anymore so I can't even talk about it. :/

Mark vs. Thragg (final battle), let's fucking GO!

Last edited by Kai’ckul; February 7th, 2017, 03:45 AM. Reason: Fuck it. I'll just talk to myself then, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                    That latest Invincible issue tho... Lord. And DS, Kin don't even post anymore so I can't even talk about it. :/

Mark vs. Thragg (final battle), let's fucking GO!
                    How Eve's powers saved them at the end was hella contrived. It makes sense and all but it still felt rather lazy.

This shit really got me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                      How Eve's powers saved them at the end was hella contrived. It makes sense and all but it still felt rather lazy.
                      Agreed.

This shit really got me though.

Here as well. It's easy to forget that Mark is still a Viltrumite sometimes. Even he has a bloodthirsty side. And it's just as well that he unleashed it here because it will take nothing less to fell Thragg. He already killed his brother... He'll kill his daughter, wife, and father as well. The best part about all this? Thragg is also entirely justified in his actions; genocide is genocide, no matter how you slice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                        Here as well. It's easy to forget that Mark is still a Viltrumite sometimes. Even he has a bloodthirsty side. And it's just as well that he unleashed it here because it will take nothing less to fell Thragg. He already killed his brother... He'll kill his daughter, wife, and father as well. The best part about all this? Thragg is also entirely justified in his actions; genocide is genocide, no matter how you slice it.
                        I'm just excited to see them put an end to this fag(Thragg) once and for all. I've also been wondering if theres any real moral resolution to Rex conquering the world in order to save it. Is that really all there is to it? As far as we can tell it's been nothing but great for the people of earth but I can't help but feel we're only seeing whats on the surface.
                        Last edited by Redx; February 8th, 2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                          fag(Thragg)
                          wtf

I've also been wondering if theres any real moral resolution to Rex conquering the world in order to save it. Is that really all there is to it? As far as we can tell it's been nothing but great for the people of earth but I can't help but feel we're only seeing whats on the surface.
                          Dystopias tend to look picture-perfect, so you're probably right. What's more, there's the whole "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" thing. It'll come back to bite Rex in the shiny metal chassis.
                          Last edited by Kai’ckul; February 8th, 2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

been blowing through some image series:

the fix
                            midnight of the soul
                            the few
                            the goddamned

they're not so bad

Comment

New Rat Queens series just came out.

Comment

I'm back, and yes Mark is a savage Morph, always has been.

Comment

Spawn is my favorite Image character, followed by Savage Dragon. I definitely dig WitchBlade and the Darkness even though they're technically TOP COW characters. Anyone still read up on Spawn? The series was retconned a few times, but definitely loved the Urizen saga, the Death of Angela & Malebolgia in issue #100, and then the return of Malebolgia in #200. Spawn is always a legend in my eyes.

Comment

Invincible 141, no please

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
                                      Invincible 141, no please
                                      Oh god....I stopped just after Mark beat Thragg. Please don't tell me it's some depressing shit....

Comment

Its that and then they have to end it with Rex being Rex, can't even catch a breath

Comment

Working...
                                        X