Signature of the Week return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature of the Week return?

I want to get back into my digital arts and found that the best way for me to improve was the friendly SOWT competitions we had back in the old days. Would anyone else like to see this return?

And do we have enough sig makers to sustain a weekly (or biweekly) competition?

Idk if I'd have time to put the effort in enough to compete any time soon, but I'd love to see sig of the week stuff.

But if you need some extracurricular projects, I'm slowly getting a decent idea of what I want for my twitch and YouTube art, and need some screens done eventually. :b
    Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
    Culpa's Twitch Channel!
    PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Sounds fun, I could try

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
        Idk if I'd have time to put the effort in enough to compete any time soon, but I'd love to see sig of the week stuff.

But if you need some extracurricular projects, I'm slowly getting a decent idea of what I want for my twitch and YouTube art, and need some screens done eventually. :b
        Maybe lol... Throwing a signature together takes me about 30 minutes, maybe an hour if I'm trying something new. Doing some professional-level original design could take a numerous hours, especially if I don't have a solid base to begin from. I remember doing a picture for Helly to use on his youtube page, and the design seemed deceptively simple but it still took about three or four hours to finish. Even the FB picture I did for you, despite not looking too involved, took an hour or more. That stuff's pretty time consuming.

Comment

I'm down.
          Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

Comment

Haha, I'm only giving you shit.
            I'm working on finding some artists for my page, it's just a slow and arduous process to find a good one that isn't going to kill me financially. xD
            I've heard Fivrr is good to check for cheap artists, I just don't want the work to be too cheap, ya know...
            Culpa's Twitch Channel!
            PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
              Haha, I'm only giving you shit.
              I'm working on finding some artists for my page, it's just a slow and arduous process to find a good one that isn't going to kill me financially. xD
              I've heard Fivrr is good to check for cheap artists, I just don't want the work to be too cheap, ya know...
              Unless the people are paid professionals, you can generally commission someone for $10 to $20, though you really have to be careful. I commissioned a member from our community who seemed to have a good track-record and even a professional page set up and ended up losing $30 because he never did the work. Said he'd refund me, but never did that either. But skulk around DeviantArt and find someone with a style you like that does commission work and regularly posts them to their deviant art page. Having something custom and hand-drawn is going to look a million times better than getting someone like me to photoshop a photo of you anyway.

Comment

I would love for sotw to come back, but as a viewer.... I dunno how to do digs and I don't really even have a program for it.
                (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                  I would love for sotw to come back, but as a viewer.... I dunno how to do digs and I don't really even have a program for it.
                  Anyone can learn! Gimp is about as good as photoshop for this kind of stuff, and it's completely free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Anyone can learn! Gimp is about as good as photoshop for this kind of stuff, and it's completely free.
                    Hmmm... We'll see, I guess. If we really need the members I'll jump in.

Comment

Hmmm... We'll see, I guess. If we really need the members I'll jump in.
                      So far it's looking like it'd just be me and Brothar. It's too bad FireWolf81 doesn't post, he was a goddamn sig making legend.

Comment

• Cid
                        Cid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, Chaos Theory will probably join, he still likes doing stuff sometimes.

So far it's looking like it'd just be me and Brothar. It's too bad FireWolf81 doesn't post, he was a goddamn sig making legend.
                      Ori said he'd give it a go.

Comment

Ori said he'd give it a go.
                        Oh shit, I didn't even see Ori's post. lmao

Welcome to the game, Ori!

Comment

Maybe lol... Throwing a signature together takes me about 30 minutes, maybe an hour if I'm trying something new. Doing some professional-level original design could take a numerous hours, especially if I don't have a solid base to begin from. I remember doing a picture for Helly to use on his youtube page, and the design seemed deceptively simple but it still took about three or four hours to finish. Even the FB picture I did for you, despite not looking too involved, took an hour or more. That stuff's pretty time consuming.
                          ye....ty for that again btw, and sorry I ended up not using it. the GFX was on point, I just wasn't happy with what I had done on my end

Comment

only if you prepare to get bodied
                            Originally posted by Oneiros
                            In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Unless the people are paid professionals, you can generally commission someone for $10 to $20, though you really have to be careful. I commissioned a member from our community who seemed to have a good track-record and even a professional page set up and ended up losing $30 because he never did the work. Said he'd refund me, but never did that either. But skulk around DeviantArt and find someone with a style you like that does commission work and regularly posts them to their deviant art page. Having something custom and hand-drawn is going to look a million times better than getting someone like me to photoshop a photo of you anyway.
                              Yeah, that's why I've heard Fiver is the best. 5 dollars isn't that big a loss, even if it's all you have.
                              I've found an amateur that will do some for free and another who is a chibi artist that will commission for around 27 dollars or for trades.
                              I'll probably go with the free guy for now, or play the field with some free work until I get a bit bigger and can afford something more.

Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Might be fun, if I can motivate myself to not be lazy. Or pull away from post game Disgaea lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
                                  Might be fun, if I can motivate myself to not be lazy. Or pull away from post game Disgaea lol
                                  Haven't you made one somewhat recently? Or is your Mitallia set the most recent one?

Comment

Haven't you made one somewhat recently? Or is your Mitallia set the most recent one?
                                    Uh, I don't remember. I think I've done one recently. Then went back to this one. I'd have to check lol

Comment

What a blast from from the past.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X