X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody's taking a triiiip, to Sleepytime Junction

Somebody is so tired, she can barely function

Originally posted by Wade
    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

somebody's taking a triiiip, to Sleepytime Junction

Somebody is so tired, she can barely function

this grill, she is very moe. its unmistakable, this energy could only belong to an mc. does she have any lore yet?

on the pics: they are very qt, i quite like the feel. I would only make the suggestion that her neck and eyebrows needn't be that thick. gibs her teh skinny nex nd eyebrowse, it will raise her moe and femininity by 26%
      Last edited by Helly; June 29th, 2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

this grill, she is very moe. its unmistakable, this energy could only belong to an mc. does she have any lore yet?

on the pics: they are very qt, i quite like the feel. I would only make the suggestion that her neck and eyebrows needn't be that thick. gibs her teh skinny nex nd eyebrowse, it will raise her moe and femininity by 26%
        This is Hailey, and she inherited pyromantic abilities that, over a few centuries, will culminate into her being a vessel for a fire God.
        If you remember anything about the story I was pushing alongside yours and Kidd's, she's the MC of that. It's also the story that I'm on eggshells every time I try to write it, because it's super hard to nail what I'm going for.
        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

This is Hailey, and she inherited pyromantic abilities that, over a few centuries, will culminate into her being a vessel for a fire God.
          If you remember anything about the story I was pushing alongside yours and Kidd's, she's the MC of that. It's also the story that I'm on eggshells every time I try to write it, because it's super hard to nail what I'm going for.
          ah, i thought she looked familiar.

hmm, well what are you looking to get out of this series?

Comment

ah, i thought she looked familiar.

hmm, well what are you looking to get out of this series?
            I'm trying to answer "what would happen if a generation of people got super powers" in as interesting as way as possible. Nobody knows why these powers work, they just know they do, out of nowhere. I'm trying to capture that initial chaos where people just try to get away with whatever they can, and then where more organized evils capitalize on it. Eventually, I think, there would be a total paradigm shift that would wreak havoc on the world stage. And, of course, the mystery behind the powers will be revealed in due time.

the problem I have is setting up the explosion and settling the wreckage. There's a lot of world building I have to do and I want to make sure that every character is interesting, both in personality and in powers. My biggest problem seems to be making a coherent timeline though, that doesn't get boring in places or ridiculous in others.
            Last edited by OrganizationXV; June 30th, 2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to answer "what would happen if a generation of people got super powers" in as interesting as way as possible. Nobody knows why these powers work, they just know they do, out of nowhere. I'm trying to capture that initial chaos where people just try to get away with whatever they can, and then where more organized evils capitalize on it. Eventually, I think, there would be a total paradigm shift that would wreak havoc on the world stage. And, of course, the mystery behind the powers will be revealed in due time.

the problem I have is setting up the explosion and settling the wreckage. There's a lot of world building I have to do and I want to make sure that every character is interesting, both in personality and in powers. My biggest problem seems to be making a coherent timeline though, that doesn't get boring in places or ridiculous in others.
              Ah....yeh, keeping things fresh can be p tricky. Its one of my biggest concerns with my universe - it has a ton of exposition to cover, and i want to be able to hold the attention of a potential reader all the way to thd end.

the chaos provides quits a bit of potential, though. there is tons of room for character development both positive and negative, and it can get really cerebral if one of the more cynical characters is actively working to "mask their power level" so they can figure out the situation and find their best course of action. characters like that, like Bakura from Yugioh....they are ALWAYS the most interesting person when they appear on-screen, at least imo.

Comment

Ah....yeh, keeping things fresh can be p tricky. Its one of my biggest concerns with my universe - it has a ton of exposition to cover, and i want to be able to hold the attention of a potential reader all the way to thd end.

the chaos provides quits a bit of potential, though. there is tons of room for character development both positive and negative, and it can get really cerebral if one of the more cynical characters is actively working to "mask their power level" so they can figure out the situation and find their best course of action. characters like that, like Bakura from Yugioh....they are ALWAYS the most interesting person when they appear on-screen, at least imo.
                There was once a thread I made, either here or on MVC, that tackled this idea, seeing what people irl think about the premise.

With the info I leaked, it was actually really interesting. A lot of people unironically said they'd try to tear down the government by force or Rob banks or (Dan said) smoke more meth than was humanly possible and go fucking wild. Then we had J Peth. J Peth decided he was going to go into seclusion with a group of devotees, wait for the initial chaos to die down, and train in the Russian forests until he had a legitimate opportunity at world domination.

That's the part that really sold me on the idea. He legit rolled with the punches and adapted as he went. That chaos is gonna give birth to some awesome ideas, if only I find out how to channel them.

Comment

So today I had some inspiration for an end-game boss for my D&D campaign. Sucks that we're not playing it for the foreseeable future, but it'll be there.

This is Kebal the Lich. In ancient times, he fought against an onrush of dragonborn that were tearing through his Homeland for the sake of some kind of foul magic. Despite being instrumental in the human victory in the Scale War, he was vilified for his own brand of magic.

So he went into hiding, and honed his craft, and found other seekers of knowledge. Together, he, his arcanists (the furry guys I drew earlier), and his otherworldly patron discovered the path to immortality. Now his ambitions grow, twisted and dark as the roots of the mountains he crawled into.

Btw, this isn't his final design. It's just an experiment at this point.
                  IMG_20190717_221424193.jpg

Comment

So today I had some inspiration for an end-game boss for my D&D campaign. Sucks that we're not playing it for the foreseeable future, but it'll be there.

This is Kebal the Lich. In ancient times, he fought against an onrush of dragonborn that were tearing through his Homeland for the sake of some kind of foul magic. Despite being instrumental in the human victory in the Scale War, he was vilified for his own brand of magic.

So he went into hiding, and honed his craft, and found other seekers of knowledge. Together, he, his arcanists (the furry guys I drew earlier), and his otherworldly patron discovered the path to immortality. Now his ambitions grow, twisted and dark as the roots of the mountains he crawled into.

Btw, this isn't his final design. It's just an experiment at this point.
                    IMG_20190717_221424193.jpg
                    out of curiosity, when you say 'we', do you mean you and irl friends or you and T5?

on the drawing: its not bad, but the design is a bit underwhelming for a final boss imo.

Comment

Can I request you to make a Magical Girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Loli Illya-Chan View Post
                        Can I request you to make a Magical Girl?
                        You can request, but I can't promise anything. I still have a few other things I was doing for people that I never finished.

If you look around in the early but if the thread, I did a doodle of Dark Magician Girl. That's something.

out of curiosity, when you say 'we', do you mean you and irl friends or you and T5?

on the drawing: its not bad, but the design is a bit underwhelming for a final boss imo.
                        I mean me and IRL friends. There have been whispers of D&D on the T5 Discord, but so far it hasn't happened.

I know the drawing is super lackluster, but I'm going to develop it as I develop his character, and his empire. So far, the campaign lacks dwarves- I was considering having him rule over their race. If that's the case, he'd wear more wrought iron, maybe even a mythril weave so thin it'd function as a cloak. Something neat like that. If not, I would work on a grander version of the arcanist robes, maybe, or a bastardized version of the human's cleric robes that he wore when he was in the war. There are a lot of directions I could bring this in, but it depends on how he progresses from soldier to heretic to skeleton king.

Comment

You can request, but I can't promise anything. I still have a few other things I was doing for people that I never finished.

If you look around in the early but if the thread, I did a doodle of Dark Magician Girl. That's something.
                          Fair enough.

Although a Magical Girl based on the RX 72 Gundam or the Barbatos would be cool to see .

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Loli Illya-Chan View Post

Fair enough.

Although a Magical Girl based on the RX 72 Gundam or the Barbatos would be cool to see .
                            I'm definitely not designing an OC for you.

if you want that, definitely give it a shot to do it yourself. I'd be interested in how that goes.
                            Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 18th, 2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I had a few hours to kill, so I drew up a D&D character I'm playing.

This is a Halfling named Remo High-Hill. He's incredibly dumb, but he's a savant when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. As it turns out, this is a beautiful combination in the D&D world, and he's incredibly fun to play.

Imagine the country hick version of Rey Mysterio running around beating people's asses.

IMG_20190812_221502093.jpg
                              Last edited by OrganizationXV; August 12th, 2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I had a few hours to kill, so I drew up a D&D character I'm playing.

This is a Halfling named Remo High-Hill. He's incredibly dumb, but he's a savant when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. As it turns out, this is a beautiful combination in the D&D world, and he's incredibly fun to play.

Imagine the country hick version of Rey Mysterio running around beating people's asses.

IMG_20190812_221502093.jpg
                                wait.....since when do you watch wrestling??? lol

on the drawing itself: its not quite what i'd imagine for a fantasy setting but he does look like a fun person. gdi all this rp talk is making me miss the cid rp =(

Comment

wait.....since when do you watch wrestling??? lol

on the drawing itself: its not quite what i'd imagine for a fantasy setting but he does look like a fun person. gdi all this rp talk is making me miss the cid rp =(
                                  Tbh I've only seen an hour or two of wrestling, I just played a shit-ton of Smackdown vs. Raw in the early 2010s, lol. Rey mysterio had a couple great moves so I played as him a lot.

He might seem a bit off from a traditional fantasy character because he's a monk, which doesn't translate super well into a medieval setting. But we also have a genetic abomination and a dance-loving minotaur in the party, so consistency isn't a huge issue for us. I thought he fit design-wise, though. He's a super poor farming peasant, wearing torn and patched clothes and a cooking pot for a helmet.

Dude, get Discord, get a mic, and let's get the band back together. I can find some homebrew rules to translate Final Fantasy mechanics into D&D, and I can run the campaign myself. The only issue is that there'll be a giant, Cid-and-Shob-sized hole in it.

Comment

Tbh I've only seen an hour or two of wrestling, I just played a shit-ton of Smackdown vs. Raw in the early 2010s, lol. Rey mysterio had a couple great moves so I played as him a lot.

He might seem a bit off from a traditional fantasy character because he's a monk, which doesn't translate super well into a medieval setting. But we also have a genetic abomination and a dance-loving minotaur in the party, so consistency isn't a huge issue for us. I thought he fit design-wise, though. He's a super poor farming peasant, wearing torn and patched clothes and a cooking pot for a helmet.

Dude, get Discord, get a mic, and let's get the band back together. I can find some homebrew rules to translate Final Fantasy mechanics into D&D, and I can run the campaign myself. The only issue is that there'll be a giant, Cid-and-Shob-sized hole in it.
                                    that does sound like quite an eclectic array of characters, lol. ah, so that is a pot on his head. the photo cut out the top bit, so my imagination completed it as a beanie, lol, now this makes more sense.

i have been moderately curious about D&D, but my schedule just hasnt allowed for much in the way of RP's, sadly =( thats why UC actually was a thing that worked for me, as i was able to post at my leisure

Comment

that does sound like quite an eclectic array of characters, lol. ah, so that is a pot on his head. the photo cut out the top bit, so my imagination completed it as a beanie, lol, now this makes more sense.

i have been moderately curious about D&D, but my schedule just hasnt allowed for much in the way of RP's, sadly =( thats why UC actually was a thing that worked for me, as i was able to post at my leisure
                                      Man, no one has any time for anything any more. We're all grown up and it fucking sucks.

Comment

Man, no one has any time for anything any more. We're all grown up and it fucking sucks.
                                        I've receded actually

Comment

Working...
                                        X