• Show
Clear All

EDIT: Wants 'em in PMs.

I'll just do that.

Comment

gdi kids

reposting to the new page :

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, TONIGHT I AWAKEN TO DO SONG/ALBUM ARTS

Well....truth be told, I only have ONE for now lol. I actually wasn't even planning on posting this at all until I had everything else ready along with the upload to Youtube, but I gotta say....I surprised myself with this one, tbh. Getting to this stage took me less than an hour, so chances are I'm still going to keep working on it. Right now, I'm thinking of deepening the blues around the bottom edges so as to maximize the contrast with the sky, maybe paint in a few seagulls idk....

anyway....!!

This is ONE of the arts to be designated to the song "To The Ends Of This World". tell me what yall think. all two of you. lol

Comment

It's calming, fo sure. Vibrant colors make the Serene scene all the more enjoyable.

it does seem pretty simplistic tho. As an album cover, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it could definitely benefit from being a little less.. basic, I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
          It's calming, fo sure. Vibrant colors make the Serene scene all the more enjoyable.

it does seem pretty simplistic tho. As an album cover, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it could definitely benefit from being a little less.. basic, I guess?
          glad ye like it :p

like i said, only spent like 50ish minutes on this so far, but i was so pleased with what I had managed so quickly that i decided to share. Im gonna keep workin on it. problem is....I'm not sure just yet what else can be done, aside from seagulls and deeper blues. maybe more reflected lights? idk lol....we shall see.....

Comment

another kewl song art thing. this is the final act of To The Ends Of This World.

This took me about 6 hours to get to this stage

did everything on pc, including the skeleton because doing body frames on PC adds a certain character that i feel was necessitated here. truthfully though....its not as impressionist as i was envisioning. there might be a sequel to this one because of that, that will follow the conventions of impressionism more closely. will keep workin on this anyway

Comment

another kewl song art thing. this is the final act of To The Ends Of This World.

did everything on pc, including the skeleton because doing body frames on PC adds a certain character that i feel was necessitated here. truthfully though....its not as impressionist as i was envisioning. there might be a sequel to this one because of that, that will follow the conventions of impressionism more closely. will keep workin on this anyway

This one does look neat, I like the scale and the tone, and the lighting is real crisp.

It definitely feels like it's stuck between impressionism and... Realism? A more traditional style, anyway. And I think it should definitely be one or the other, being in the middle does it no favors. But you already figured as much, I see.

Do you have The Ends of This Earth done at the moment? I wanna give it a listen while I look at this, if I can.

Comment

This one does look neat, I like the scale and the tone, and the lighting is real crisp.

It definitely feels like it's stuck between impressionism and... Realism? A more traditional style, anyway. And I think it should definitely be one or the other, being in the middle does it no favors. But you already figured as much, I see.

Do you have The Ends of This Earth done at the moment? I wanna give it a listen while I look at this, if I can.
                thx, glad ye rike it

i think for this one I'll go closer to realism just because i like how girl-thing is looking so far, and then ill do a more impressionist version after. for the record, the title of this was designated to be "The Fade" (to signify the transition from brilliance to darkness in the final stretch of the song). im gonna make the second rendition from a different perspective, perhaps from one of the cars on the bridge, lul. I definitely want there to be a mild atmosphere of claustrophobia to really drive that feel of an encapsulating darkness.

as for the song, its not ready just yet, but you guys heard the demo a while back which will resemble the final version p closely. atm I'm just working on mastering and making the bright sections as bright as i sensibly can. also, some artistically placed watermarks

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished then. Make sure to tag me when you have the completed works

Comment

• Helly
                    Helly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    aight ill do the things

started work on one of my supercar pieces

this is Aegis with a pagani zonda(roadster version)

still gonna do some tweakin, particularly around the face so it doesnt look so....flat. lol. them thighs tho, amiright Max

still on the line-up will be:

bugatti veyron sport x Aeshima

lamborghini terzo millennio × Pylarkotova/Abysse/Baasyl

mclaren f1 × ???

jaguar c-x75 x ???

lamborghini egoista × ?!?!?!

isdera commendatore × !!!!!!!!!

Comment

fuggin u kno what...i need another skin tone, to match the sort of washed-out effect goin on in the rest of the pic. aegis is so white, tho....she might look like a fuggin vamp if i do that lol....

Comment

I love the pose and the shading is phenomenal, dude. Like, holy shit. That hair, those legs, that fuckin sheen sheen on the car!

I have two things for you to consider though, since you're working on it still. I feel like the face is almost on two different perspectives (some elements like the chin and nose are at one angle, some other stuff like her hair and eyes are on another, if that makes sense). And that left nip seems off-kilter.

Oh my Lord I just noticed the reflection on the headlights. The whole coloring job on here is super impressive to me.

Comment

She's blowing a bubble with chewing gum right?

Move the entire bubble to (our) right and it'll look better, rn it looks like weird lips, very interesting composition otherwise, except maybe the building directly behind her/over the car, that also looks a little off

Comment

I love the pose and the shading is phenomenal, dude. Like, holy shit. That hair, those legs, that fuckin sheen sheen on the car!

I have two things for you to consider though, since you're working on it still. I feel like the face is almost on two different perspectives (some elements like the chin and nose are at one angle, some other stuff like her hair and eyes are on another, if that makes sense). And that left nip seems off-kilter.

Oh my Lord I just noticed the reflection on the headlights. The whole coloring job on here is super impressive to me.
                          thx :p

ye, the face looks like doo-doo rn. it remains one of my biggest weaknesses =( im makin some progress today tho, its looking less like an ironing board with a nose lol. hmm, tru, i have felt the nip was a bit off.

fwahaha, stay tuned im not done with the headlights just yet. also, ur fav girl is next on the line-up, and after that my personal fav (concept) car. the terzo millennio is gonna be WILD, bros

Originally posted by dan View Post
                          She's blowing a bubble with chewing gum right?

Move the entire bubble to (our) right and it'll look better, rn it looks like weird lips, very interesting composition otherwise, except maybe the building directly behind her/over the car, that also looks a little off
                          was relocating it, yeh, also gonna make it a bit transparent which means ill have to add a smexy o-shaped mouth ;0

the buildin, yeh it looks a bit underdone. i wanted to have a large structure off in the distance to add a bit of scale and depth, give errthing a really vast open feel. might add a small jet in the distance to help as well. thx, fgt

Comment

thx :p

ye, the face looks like doo-doo rn. it remains one of my biggest weaknesses =( im makin some progress today tho, its looking less like an ironing board with a nose lol. hmm, tru, i have felt the nip was a bit off.

fwahaha, stay tuned im not done with the headlights just yet. also, ur fav girl is next on the line-up, and after that my personal fav (concept) car. the terzo millennio is gonna be WILD, bros
                            Fuck yeah, more Ayumi :O :D
                            was relocating it, yeh, also gonna make it a bit transparent which means ill have to add a smexy o-shaped mouth ;0

the buildin, yeh it looks a bit underdone. i wanted to have a large structure off in the distance to add a bit of scale and depth, give errthing a really vast open feel. might add a small jet in the distance to help as well. thx, fgt
                            putting in some clouds would help add a dimension to the sky, as well, which would help with the sense of scale.

Maybe a gradient to the sky itself, as well?something to consider, anyway.

Comment

Fuck yeah, more Ayumi :O :D

putting in some clouds would help add a dimension to the sky, as well, which would help with the sense of scale.

Maybe a gradient to the sky itself, as well?something to consider, anyway.
                              well, her name has been formally changed to *Aeshima now. The weeab shit was just too....off, and anyway given the way her phenotype manifests it makes sense to give her a name with more africanisms. plus...i just like those types of naming conventions. its nice and gentle, and blends into itself very smoothly. "Ai-shee-mah".....mmmmm

im thinkin a gradient, tbh. clouds would kind of disturb things a bit, i want it to just be a massive blue sky

Comment

well, her name has been formally changed to *Aeshima now. The weeab shit was just too....off, and anyway given the way her phenotype manifests it makes sense to give her a name with more africanisms. plus...i just like those types of naming conventions. its nice and gentle, and blends into itself very smoothly. "Ai-shee-mah".....mmmmm

im thinkin a gradient, tbh. clouds would kind of disturb things a bit, i want it to just be a massive blue sky
                                I completely forgot about that, lol. Aeshima's a good name though.

If you're doing the jet, you could still have the chem trail (I forgot what they're actually called) do a curve, implying 3 dimensions to the sky. It doesn't even have to be a super long streak, just a little poof at the end of it. Clouds would be unnecessary, yea.

Comment

I completely forgot about that, lol. Aeshima's a good name though.

If you're doing the jet, you could still have the chem trail (I forgot what they're actually called) do a curve, implying 3 dimensions to the sky. It doesn't even have to be a super long streak, just a little poof at the end of it. Clouds would be unnecessary, yea.
                                  well, my idea was to have it a bit low-altitude, and thats what i ended up doing :p

yall thought the colours were great before, check dis shiet out, here is an updated Aegis....

patch list:

fixed the face

made the bubble gum transparent

added lips so that said transparency could be appreciated

cleaned up a few errors on the hair + made it a touch shinier

fixed her bobbies(well, her nips)

added a sassy mole to her right under-bobb

made her skin a touch paler

tweaked the zonda headlights a bit

added a slight gradient to sky

added a more realistic reflective effect to the windows of the distant building

tweaked the saturation on the street signs

aaaaaannnnnd.....

ADDED A DOPE ASS COMMERCIAL JET

Comment

goddamnit how am i this good, how do i do it lol

what the FUCK am i, this should not be a thing that happens

Comment

in light of my next supercar piece, ive decided to do some refresher runs on Aeshima.....was pleased with the results. I mean, i guess its only natural for an artist to be very acquainted with his mc, but all the same its great that i was able to do all of these in less than an hour total. it used to take me several just to do one because i was so hesitant before lol ayye progress....

anyway....these are the quick pics i did of Aeshima last night. half of them, anyway. other half were half-nudes, but i dont feel like uploading them. too much of a bother tbh

Last edited by Helly; May 9th, 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

You're growth is quite considerable with color detail and perspective. I like this piece of yours. Care to explain the story behind this nostalgic image you have here.

Comment

Working...
                                        X