Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
    Yo, I remember doing grid shading.
    Mostly because I did it a lot, a couple months ago lol.

It's cool seeing the way stuff like that turns out, but if I have to use it then it generally means I'm gonna put way more effort than I actually want to into the piece... which isn't necessarily bad, I suppose.

Why does that guy look like SoD though?
    LOL, I was wondering why he felt somewhat familiar, lmao

On some level, some part of me was going "i swear i think i've seen someone that looked like this guy before"

Damn.....this is SoD's twin, lmao, I am terrible with faces good lord

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Yooo.......
    Why do you keep making your characters look so asian? Lol...

Like damn, that dude looks more asian than me. Lmaoooo
    hell if i know

maybe its something from when I drew in purely anime style, idk. i'm kinda stuck in some certain form of thinking lol

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    He does look Asian... But I'm still impressed, I didn't even know you could do realism dude. You're seriously a multi-talented individual. I'm in awe of your skill, truly. I once tried to draw my mother when I was a much younger lad and I'm pretty sure they thought it was an ogre. So... There's that.

OH. MY. GOD.
    I've made a handful of attempts at realism before. think there's a repost of an old tiger drawing from highschool ITT, actually. but yeh I rarely practice it, and I definitely don't do portraits of IRL people....at least not til today lol. either way I'm flattered :] thx fren <3

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

LOL, I was wondering why he felt somewhat familiar, lmao

On some level, some part of me was going "i swear i think i've seen someone that looked like this guy before"

Damn.....this is SoD's twin, lmao, I am terrible with faces good lord

hell if i know

maybe its something from when I drew in purely anime style, idk. i'm kinda stuck in some certain form of thinking lol

I've made a handful of attempts at realism before. think there's a repost of an old tiger drawing from highschool ITT, actually. but yeh I rarely practice it, and I definitely don't do portraits of IRL people....at least not til today lol. either way I'm flattered :] thx fren <3
      I'm not one to like photorealism or anything but you should probably practice realism 'n stuff if you want to be legitimately stylized.

Comment

• Helly
        Helly commented
        Editing a comment
        im thinkin about doin more realism stuff tbh

been wanting to do a Walter White drawing for a while now

im thinkin about doin more realism stuff tbh

been wanting to do a Walter White drawing for a while now
      Dude, that'd be awesome.

Comment

so.....i been doin some studies this afternoon, just figuring out poses using only what I've learned. using skeletons has helped me along considerably, my main issue to focus on next will likely be muscles and the way they act in certain poses, since I still have trouble rendering things accurately in certain lighting situations as well as understanding how these things affect clothing....most notably, the back muscles are particularly problematic as my knowledge on them in general is all but entirely absent

anyway.....here are my practice sketches from today :p featuring OC Ayumi and OC Aegis

most of these are mildly nsfw; they are clothed, but it is underclothing since well its a pose study after all and i didnt want to obscure the poses or take my focus away from them to worry about frivolous rags

Comment

Interesting... I'm liking the more dynamic poses, especially the kick and the slide elbow thing from the top page. The more static poses might need some work in some cases, though (the ones on the far right of pic # 2 and 3 seem a bit off to me).

All of the hands and arms stand out as being really good to me, at least where you drew them out of course, and the left one of #3 looks like it must've been a bitch to pull off. Kudos on that.

Comment

Interesting... I'm liking the more dynamic poses, especially the kick and the slide elbow thing from the top page. The more static poses might need some work in some cases, though (the ones on the far right of pic # 2 and 3 seem a bit off to me).

All of the hands and arms stand out as being really good to me, at least where you drew them out of course, and the left one of #3 looks like it must've been a bitch to pull off. Kudos on that.
            side and back views definitely seem to be my weakest point, yeh.....its odd, I have a better grasp on the more dynamic poses than the more standard ones, lol, thats prolly due to my own impatience as a beginner and practising those types of things more often than the standard stuff....i will definitely have to watch out for that in the future...!!!

thx fren, glad u liked em. and yeh, the left one in pic 3 was definitely tricky, lol. I almost straight up quit on it because it looked wrong right from the skeleton phase, but I guess I was doing it correctly all along

Comment

side and back views definitely seem to be my weakest point, yeh.....its odd, I have a better grasp on the more dynamic poses than the more standard ones, lol, thats prolly due to my own impatience as a beginner and practising those types of things more often than the standard stuff....i will definitely have to watch out for that in the future...!!!

thx fren, glad u liked em. and yeh, the left one in pic 3 was definitely tricky, lol. I almost straight up quit on it because it looked wrong right from the skeleton phase, but I guess I was doing it correctly all along
              Wait, you did skeleton phases? But... I can't see the outline of you erasing them. How is this possible?

Comment

Wait, you did skeleton phases? But... I can't see the outline of you erasing them. How is this possible?
                i sketch very lightly ;o having a bad camera also helps, lol

Comment

qts tbh

Comment

• Helly
                    Helly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thx <3

i sketch very lightly ;o having a bad camera also helps, lol
                  Both good points, lol.

Comment

Helly:
                    Since you did mention that you were having a bit of trouble on the Muscle-Position Department, I thought that this might a bit useful to you.
                    Art Resource
                    25 Figures
                    Feminine Gestures
                    Quick Anatomy Poses
                    Upper Legs Reference
                    Pose and Muscle
                    -----------------------------------
                    There's a few other helpful references and sketches, so I'll put them in a Spoiler Tag below.

I truly hope that it serves helpful in your artistic endeavors, Helly. ^_^

Comment

• Helly
                      Helly commented
                      Editing a comment
                      feet study....eugh, i am so not looking forward to that one, lol. thx, fren :] didnt kno u were into art stuffs....

• Mr.Sunshine
                      Mr.Sunshine commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Helly:
                      My skills aren't to be praised, but that doesn't mean that I won't help a dear friend of mine that is need!
                      You don't have to thank me- I just wanted to help. ^_^

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, TONIGHT I AWAKEN TO DO SONG/ALBUM ARTS

Well....truth be told, I only have ONE for now lol. I actually wasn't even planning on posting this at all until I had everything else ready along with the upload to Youtube, but I gotta say....I surprised myself with this one, tbh. Getting to this stage took me less than an hour, so chances are I'm still going to keep working on it. Right now, I'm thinking of deepening the blues around the bottom edges so as to maximize the contrast with the sky, maybe paint in a few seagulls idk....

anyway....!!

This is ONE of the arts to be designated to the song "To The Ends Of This World". tell me what yall think. all two of you. lol

Comment

Well....truth be told, I only have ONE for now lol. I actually wasn't even planning on posting this at all until I had everything else ready along with the upload to Youtube, but I gotta say....I surprised myself with this one, tbh. Getting to this stage took me less than an hour, so chances are I'm still going to keep working on it. Right now, I'm thinking of deepening the blues around the bottom edges so as to maximize the contrast with the sky, maybe paint in a few seagulls idk....

anyway....!!

This is ONE of the arts to be designated to the song "To The Ends Of This World". tell me what yall think. all two of you. lol

First off...

Somewhat resembles a nuclear bomb going off while it's still in the fireball stage of the explosion, TBQH.

Second off...

You really made that? That's some good shit right there, and I'm impressed if that's your handiwork.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

First off...

Somewhat resembles a nuclear bomb going off while it's still in the fireball stage of the explosion, TBQH.

Second off...

You really made that? That's some good shit right there, and I'm impressed if that's your handiwork.
                        hmm.....a fireball you say....yes, that could work...¡¡¡¡perfecto!!!!!

Lol though truthfully, I just felt a big red spot would be too bland. I wanted it to radiate with a bit of heat, hence the gradients from dark yellow to red

and yeh.....100% mine. its quite amazin', right? fwahahaha, just wait till im done with it....!!!

Comment

hmm.....a fireball you say....yes, that could work...¡¡¡¡perfecto!!!!!

Lol though truthfully, I just felt a big red spot would be too bland. I wanted it to radiate with a bit of heat, hence the gradients from dark yellow to red

and yeh.....100% mine. its quite amazin', right? fwahahaha, just wait till im done with it....!!!
                          Yeah, it's pretty great. Better than anything I could cook up right now, at least, in the same time span.

Speaking of art we've done, my avatar is actually something I cooked up myself. Took the default avatar and tweaked it.

You think blue and green go well together (like me), right...? If so, whaddya think?

Personally, I think the uniform design, if the green was a bit more pronunciated, would look pretty cool. Haven't done such a design all the service I want to, but maybe in time, I can improve it.

I imagine it with a bit fiercer/more sinister of a person wearing it, too. It's not meant to be the uniform of a good guy, and the color choice is based on the ideology of the wearer, actually. It's also because, since I went off the default avatar, I kind of thought a blank face looked weird in tandem with the more detailed uniform.

Thinking of adding a bit more "shading" (if you can call what I put there "shading" to begin with) to the face too, because it's inconsistent with the uniform.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 13th, 2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Speaking of art we've done, my avatar is actually something I cooked up myself. Took the default avatar and tweaked it.

You think blue and green go well together, right...? If so, whaddya think?

Personally, I think the uniform design, if the green was a bit more pronunciated and just a bit darker, would look pretty cool. Haven't done such a design all the service I want to, but maybe in time, I can improve it.

I imagine it with a bit fiercer/nastier of a person wearing it, too. It's not meant to be the uniform of a good guy by any means, and the color choice is based on the ideology of the wearer, actually. It's also because, since I went off the default avatar, I kind of thought a blank face looked weird in tandem with the more detailed uniform.

Thinking of adding a bit more "shading" (if you can call what I put there "shading" to begin with) to the face too, because it's inconsistent with the uniform.
                            Ah, this whole time I thought it was a thing Cid did as a request lol

what do i think? hmm....the palette is juuuust a little bit off. specifically, the blue is a bit too blue and the green is also a bit too green, if that makes sense. you typically wanna take your sliders just a liiiittle bit into the gray unless you're doing something intended to be super stylized and poppy, like certain cartoon styles, or you're makin something really blown out and warm like the pic I posted

Comment

Ah, this whole time I thought it was a thing Cid did as a request lol
                              Nah, he would have done a better job, I just used the default "Paint" program that comes with my laptop. He has real tools at his disposal...

what do i think? hmm....the palette is juuuust a little bit off. specifically, the blue is a bit too blue and the green is also a bit too green, if that makes sense. you typically wanna take your sliders just a liiiittle bit into the gray unless you're doing something intended to be super stylized and poppy, like certain cartoon styles, or you're makin something really blown out and warm like the pic I posted
                              Sort of.

It's just meant to be come off as a uniform with a really poppy green to it (and a platinum star), so it has that general uniform look, but nothing too specific (medals or anything like that aren't included, although the star is kind of crucial). I actually had a slightly brighter design with a more bright blue, but I thought the darker blue helped out the green more.

I could probably run through a few coloration variations and float 'em by you to get some input. It wouldn't be all that hard since I'm done with it now, but I think I'll have to do it later, besides these convos, I'm watching stuff, lol.

"Person of Interest" specifically.

Friend keeps badgering me to watch the first episode, at least. Good so far.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 13th, 2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Nah, he would have done a better job, I just used the default "Paint" program that comes with my laptop. He has real tools at his disposal...

Sort of.

It's just meant to be come off as a uniform with a really poppy green to it (and a platinum star), so it has that general uniform look, but nothing too specific (medals or anything like that aren't included, although the start is kind of crucial). I actually had a slightly brighter design with a more bright blue, but I thought the darker blue helped out the green more.

I could probably run through a few coloration variations and float 'em by you to get some input. It wouldn't be all that hard since I'm done with it now, but I think I'll have to do it later, besides these convos, I'm watching stuff, lol.

"Person of Interest" specifically.

Friend keeps badgering me to watch the first episode, at least. Good so far.
                                run em by me if ye feel like et, helly is starting to specialize in colours specifically lol. Groovy-dono would be proud if i hadnt become a racist :((((((

Comment

run em by me if ye feel like et, helly is starting to specialize in colours specifically lol. Groovy-dono would be proud if i hadnt become a racist :((((((
                                  I'm gonna go with three variations and run 'em by you.

1. Lighter blue.
                                  2. Lighter green.
                                  3. Lighter blue and green.

I'm almost done with my first.

Comment

• Helly
                                    Helly commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    alrighty then, pm them to me when ur done. might be a bit slow to respond tho, got my hands full atm

anyway....!!

Can't help but notice that it is very simple. Is there a reason why?

Comment

Working...
                                  X