Boku No Hero Academia Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Shu summed it up pretty well I think, BnHA already gets a ton of flak over Deku having the world's strongest quirk handed to him on a silver platter, and now he's getting 6 MORE?
    People try to make it seem like it's some wish fulfillment power fantasy with that. The meek bullied kid gets powers, and now he's a badass who gets all the girls.

But I'd say the 7 Quirks and the strong quirk is more of a "With great power comes great responsibility" situation. Even Deku feels that he is unworthy of the power, seen as when he tried to give Mirio (Who without a doubt is a better MC than Deku, to which the MC even agrees).

It's less about the uber badass 7 quirk that has 100 girlfriends, and more of becoming worthy of using that power.

Comment

I must humbly request a public T5 execution for Zemoco as punishment for shilling My Herculean Autism: the Manga.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

People try to make it seem like it's some wish fulfillment power fantasy with that. The meek bullied kid gets powers, and now he's a badass who gets all the girls.

But I'd say the 7 Quirks and the strong quirk is more of a "With great power comes great responsibility" situation. Even Deku feels that he is unworthy of the power, seen as when he tried to give Mirio (Who without a doubt is a better MC than Deku, to which the MC even agrees).

It's less about the uber badass 7 quirk that has 100 girlfriends, and more of becoming worthy of using that power.
        I mean, yeah, you can say that...

But couldn't they have done a better job of implementing that theme without just gifting six new quirks to the guy? An asspull coupled with some thematic elements is still kind of an asspull. A greater development of One For All and more situations could give us the same thematic element of "With great power comes great responsibility," but without the "But why six additional quirks" headache to deal with.

Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 22nd, 2019, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
          People on /a/ have been bitching about the 7 quirks (and everything really, what else is new).

I don't get what's so bad about it. People claim it was an asspull, when it was foreshadowed as early as 2015.

There is no ay Deku will master all 7 quirks. It would be bullshit and everyoe would be right to hate it. But the way I wold see is Deku will have find 1 quirk very useful (Possibly even more useful to him than OFA), 2 quirks marginally or situationally useful, and the other 4 completely foreign and unusable to him.

Deku might find some way to give these quirks to his friends. I'd say a good trade off would be if he does, he can't use OFA
          I think everyone knows how it's gonna play out. Deku will be in a tight spot and he'll conveniently asspull the quirk that just so happens to fit his situation perfectly. There's no tension

plus a part of all might's appeal is that his power is simple. He became a symbol even though he can just punch really hard. He beaf AFO who has every power imaginable. Deku as a successor to all might should habe had the same kind of simplicity going for him
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I'll just wait and see how the author handles this. As it stands the author is probably going to make Deku ass pull a quirk that saves him just in the nick of time like Dok said.

Comment

Horikoshi doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore. He's honestly not that good of a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I mean, yeah, you can say that...

But couldn't they have done a better job of implementing that theme without just gifting six new quirks to the guy? An asspull coupled with some thematic elements is still kind of an asspull. A greater development of One For All and more situations could give us the same thematic element of "With great power comes great responsibility," but without the "But why six additional quirks" headache to deal with.
                It was foreshadowed years ago. As early as the Sports festival. it has had constant buildup since then. It's the furthest thing from an asspull tbh. I can understand not liking the direction, but it did not come from nowhere.

I'll also say that definitely only 2 or 3 of the quirks will be useful to Deku. He's had OFA for 2 years and can only use about 20% if I recall without killing himself. I'm sure there will be drawbacks to using multiple quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

I think everyone knows how it's gonna play out. Deku will be in a tight spot and he'll conveniently asspull the quirk that just so happens to fit his situation perfectly. There's no tension

plus a part of all might's appeal is that his power is simple. He became a symbol even though he can just punch really hard. He beaf AFO who has every power imaginable. Deku as a successor to all might should habe had the same kind of simplicity going for him
                  This is an ongoing point in the manga that Deku can't be All Might. All Might had no trouble mastering OFA from the get go and had no problems using 100%. It's even why All Might is kind of a shit teacher, since how do you teach someone about something that is as simple as breathing to you? I'd even say Deku will never be able to get near that power without help (The Eri thing though was pretty cheesy, I'll give you that)

It's even a constant mantra in the manga. "Making OFA my own power."

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the using these multiple quirks damaged his body. It'd fit into the whole "self sacrifice" theme but we'll see

Comment

So let me get this straight.

At 14:00-17:00 of this episode, the soundtrack I'm listening to is...apparently...this one. Seemingly makes sense. Lot of the same sound and structure.

But the song as shown on the show is not ACTUALLY the song as shown on, apparently, the official soundtrack, because the one in the show is slightly different (listen carefully to both).

So the official release isn't really the actual soundtrack that you hear in the show...at least in part.

Well isn't that a bummer, seeing as I prefer the version of the highlighted track in particular from the show.

On a side note, why is this a theme for one of the heroes? 90% of the use of this track was for villain moments (and most of those instances went to All For One).
                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 31st, 2019, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X