Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece is the deepest series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Again, Luffy was bad to begin with. The fact that he never grows out of it makes it unforgivable, but his lack of character growth wouldn't be so bad if he was ok to begin with
    Maybe? I don't know. He is a fucking idiot, through and through. He misses out on many social ques, he doesn't understand common sense, doesn't follow the news or knows of key figures of his world, etc, etc and yet he knows this! He has said this at least twice(?) in the series admitted how much of a useless idiot he is to others and explains that is why he needs a crew of people around him. This is fantastic because in essence, no one in his crew is useless. Looking at you Yamachi.

Meanwhile in Naruto he was painted off as the class clown and idiot and right in the first episode (or two) he suddenly proves himself a genius ninja by using an incredibly difficult ability. Yea.. that's it! Naruto was just too smart to do a simple jutsu! That's why he always failed. He needed that advance shit to show how much of a genius he is. Oh and now the excuse is his shadow clones collect all his experience in whatever new jutsu he is trying to learn. They do all the dumb shit and fail a thousand times off screen for Naruto explaining why an "idiot" like him eventually gets it and figures it out. It is also very convenient how no one else in his village thought of using shadow clones for training.

Anyway, let me stop shoving my dick into Naruto's gigantic plot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Maybe? I don't know. He is a fucking idiot, through and through. He misses out on many social ques, he doesn't understand common sense, doesn't follow the news or knows of key figures of his world, etc, etc and yet he knows this! He has said this at least twice(?) in the series admitted how much of a useless idiot he is to others and explains that is why he needs a crew of people around him. This is fantastic because in essence, no one in his crew is useless. Looking at you Yamachi.

Meanwhile in Naruto he was painted off as the class clown and idiot and right in the first episode (or two) he suddenly proves himself a genius ninja by using an incredibly difficult ability. Yea.. that's it! Naruto was just too smart to do a simple jutsu! That's why he always failed. He needed that advance shit to show how much of a genius he is. Oh and now the excuse is his shadow clones collect all his experience in whatever new jutsu he is trying to learn. They do all the dumb shit and fail a thousand times off screen for Naruto explaining why an "idiot" like him eventually gets it and figures it out. It is also very convenient how no one else in his village thought of using shadow clones for training.

Anyway, let me stop shoving my dick into Naruto's gigantic plot holes.
      Luffy's aware that he's an idiot and that he needs his crew to help him... And yet he still ignores them constantly and does his own dumb shit. What a great character to recognize the flaws that he'll do nothing to fix. What a great author to hint at a character arc and then devolve him back to square one literally one joke later.

Remember when Oda decided out of the blue that the guy who can't count on his fingers was a borderline genius when it came to fighting (in Oda's own words iirc)? Tell me again about how things came too easy to Naruto.
      Last edited by OrganizationXV; March 24th, 2019, 12:32 PM.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

One Piece is about being you through thick and thin and wanting to be the freest man in the world.
        Why the hell would Luffy "grow up" when it's the opposite of his mission?

Luffy's big development arc is while he's living in the jungle training before he sets sail. We don't start with him until weeks after that.
        Luffy is the way he is because he doesn't care what people think about him and he doesn't need to change.

He does grow up a bit through the series, but he holds on to who he is through all of it.
        Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
        Check me out on Twitch @https://www.twitch.tv/mothmageculpa/

Comment

I still don't understand what you all mean by growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by One of Them View Post
            Forget it, we're going in circles
            Good.

You don't agree?
            Oh I agree, just a tone shift.

I meant between titles. For example, how Orochimaru, which you list as greed, shares similarities with Aaroniero in abilities, which is also intended to represent greed. They both consume a person and absorb their body and their abilities. And, as much as I hate to bring it up, so does Wapol
            Well first of all body swapping is only one of the things in regards to Orochimaru's character, as there are many other things that kishi gives him. Interests include but are not limited to extension of a lifelong obsession for immortality, his penchant for chaos, obsession with studying and learning all jutsu. He also has many calling cards in symbols, expressions, aesthetic, folklore, motifs, ideas etc.

Second of all it's not a solo concept in Naruto either(Sasuke, Kabuto, Shin, Danzo, Obito, Madara, all the Jin's) it's Orochimaru's approach(emulated by Kabuto greatly) that set him apart.

Third he's body swapping either for longevity(Shikotsumyaku) or the capacity(Sharingan) to continue learning all ninjutsu, there are certain reasons.

He's not literally munching on people, he transforms into a large white serpent(born of his obsession with the myth of the white snake), and incapacitates someone long enough to take over their mind on another plane, than he just grafts his features onto their body with jutsu/surgery. The crude method is a reflection of Orochimaru's status in the story, and a reflection of his goals, even his beginnings.

Except Pain wasn't particularly bloodlusted, unlike Sasuke. Pain excercised his own criterion of justice, which I think should be the point.
            He wasn't initially. He ended up being cruel in his own ways(to Hinata, random villagers, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Hanzo's family).

Because just as you say "warps," I say "isn't it already?" Justice is a construct that the entire human race has yet to agree upon in all of history.
            Let's be clear at any point in history and in any situation if you're thinking of something that doesn't have proper reasoning behind it, or committing action's that aren't warranted, worth it(outweighing pros vs cons either personally or subjectively pertaining to severity) or not for the greater good(in a measurable capacity) than you're doing something wrong or bad, that's just logic.

Justice isn't a monolithic term for every situation because the world is too complex, but critical thinking skills and hard learned lessons have gotten us a lot closer to being more justified.

Also the development of religions, institutions, educations, societies and the like over thousands of years, have been to move towards what is more fair and just, based on what people have learned. Citing different era's doesn't change that because it was the same people who spoke up against varying injustice's at those times that moved and defined each era to come after. Hindsight is always a critical lens for that reason.

Pain destroying the leaf village was epic, and while there were definitely some sins that needed airing out, it wasn't the correct move and was obviously gun shy because it was too personal of a decision. He only even did it because Tsunade was bitching at him too much, textbook definition of being petty.

Despite destroying the Leaf Village, he still made Naruto stop in his tracks in his attempt to finish off Pain to reflect on what was fair.
            Naruto also made him stop. reflect, and essentially undo what he did to the village.

I haven't seen further than the first episode yet but I consider the above to be pretty relevant right now.
            Exactly it's both very touching for how our society currently is, and going to be even more so the more time passes, because it's that relatable and provoking.

Comment

I feel like bumping this to read through later on.
              At the moment I would say that naruto was deepest but OP is not yet done (well technically none of them is definitively closed) so it may change and it may also depend on definition, for me its mostly about philosophy that drives characters and their interactions.
              My laughter when I see stupid posts:

Comment

Working...
              X