One Piece Discussion Thread 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
    So do you guys think we're gonna cut back to the reverie for a bit before act 2?
    Honestly, I hope so. This is the perfect chance for a cutaway.

Comment

Spoilers just dropped. Holy fuck. Theres a ton of new info.

Comment

I'm glad shiliew got that DF i always thought it was wasted on absalom

Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
        This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

Comment

Jack is scrub. More like Lack.

Comment

Definately didn’t expect to get Blackbeard’s bounty. I didn’t really have any guesses as to what it would be, but it’s probably the lowest of the Yonkou given that he just became one this year.

Moria has balls, but it was still dumb to run up on Blackbeard like that. I’m wondering if they’ll take his devil fruit or let him join the crew. Shiryu w/ Absalom’s fruit Is interesting, I imagine they’ll be some expansion of the abilities since any decent COO user should be able to sense him. Catarina w/ a mythical zoan is even more unexpected, especially the nine-tailed fox.

I still hope we get a flashback to see what happened during the reverie. Also makes it seems like Dragon was absent from the clash, which is interesting.

Ashura’s reluctance to join is to be expected. It’ll probably take him seeing something in Luffy to join the alliance.

King and Queen look cool. Definately have a Zoro/Sanji dynamic. I can already Zoro and Sanji teaming up with some others to take on King and Queen. Don’t think there would be any point in the alliance if King and Queen were going to be beaten solo.

With the wings and the flames above his head, King definately looks like he could be another mythical zoan. Not sure about Queen though, looks like he has some mechanical arm, maybe a cyborg like Franky but with a zoan fruit.

Either way, it’s a great way to start Act 2. Wano’s pace seems to be rather fast, which is dope.
            Alright, now if I die today, bitch my legacy is straight
            I'm the best they never heard, I'm your brother, just relate

Comment

I wonder if there's an ace in the crew, or if that's Kaido himself. Also i'll pretty mad if Moria shows up for the first times in 10 years just to get off screened.

Comment

Originally posted by Impavido III View Post
                I wonder if there's an ace in the crew, or if that's Kaido himself. Also i'll pretty mad if Moria shows up for the first times in 10 years just to get off screened.
                I doubt there is an Ace because I think Ace (Luffy's brother) and Deuce (his first mate) are going to have a major role in the past events of Wano.

Comment

Oda does love his fire

Comment

Originally posted by Impavido III View Post
                    Since Ace is considered the most valuable, then it would probably be Kaidou.

I’m more concerned about the Reverie than Moria, tbh. It has more implications on the series as a whole. I’d prefer to get an extended flashback on that, maybe between the acts rather than just a tease from Blackbeard.

Comment

I really like the Mihawk and Perona friendship. This series really gives off the feeling that anyone can become friends with anyone regardless of their history or background.

Moria really is still similar to Luffy in some aspects. He still cares for his crew. Which lends credence to my idea that when Luffy takes down Kaidou and the Shichibukai system is abolished several of the Warlords past and present will ally with Luffy and sail under his flag. So far thats Boa Hancock, Buggy, Crocodile, and Moria. In regards to Absolom it'd be cool if he stayed dead but I'm fully expecting him to come back as a Zombie.

Shiryu getting the invisible fruit intrigues me. If he truly does end up Zoro's opponent then this makes their hypothetical fight even more interesting. If he just had some uber powerful DF the fight might've been a little bland. But this pits Zoro against an incredibly tricky opponent. It's a fight where Zoro would have to use his head to come out on top instead of simply cutting through everything.

And Teach? I. Fucking. Love. Blackbeard's new design. He looks like a filthy Pirate. I Love it. lol. I suppose now we've confirmed that Yonkou bounties are probably anywhere from 2-5 billion. With Teach having the lowest of the Emperors. Which makes sense since he's new. Also, makes sense why someone with a 1.5 bill bounty is considered an Emperor on the rise.

I knew Jack was the weakest of the Calamities. Even though I typically prefer the more goofy & cartoony looking characters, King & Queen look like absolute monsters. And oh look King has a Sword and Queen is an Okama. Like, I said before: Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, Jinbei vs Jack.

Comment

Chapter was pretty meh, except for Kidd and Luffy's dynamic and Caribou making an appearance again in the prison the former two are in. Makes me wonder if his knowledge about Shirahoshi will truly come into play at some point. Now, I'm gonna talk about the previous chapter on a page-by-page observation, cause it was that good. Apologies for the lateness. I'm lazy when it comes to getting on my laptop.

-Perona is soooo fine.

-I swear, the ruins of the Shikkearu Kingdom gives me overly strong Nightmare Before Christmas vibes. It was probably fully inspired by it. Glad we get some confirmation that Moria is alive, and Perona's reaction is touching.

-Why the fuck do Mihawk and Perona sound like a married couple, LMAO! On a more serious note, it seems like the Shichibukai system has a very high chance of being abolished, judging from Mihawk's statement. Fujitora, I hope you're happy. Also, I'm not happy that we ain't seeing the actual Reverie.

-Moria has crazy cojones to come to one of Teach's territories.

-Hey, it's Pizarro!

-It's heartwarming to be reminded that Moria genuinely loves his crew members.

-WHOA! Shiryu has Absalom's fruit?! I can definitely see Shiryu making better and deadlier use of the Suke Suke No Mi than Absalom ever did, cause the fruit as it is now isn't useful against Haki users.

-Devon has a Kyuubi-themed Mythical Zoan?! The fact that she can transform into other people with the same fruit serves to hammer the point even further that Mythical Zoan fruits are more than just turning into another kind of entity or creature. They're very Paramecia-esque in nature, in fact.

-Can Blackbeard straight-up amplify the strength of his voice with the Gura Gura No Mi now? That's fucking scary. I wonder if Whitebeard ever used it like that at any point in his life.

-Before I get into Blackbeard, I gotta say I'M PISSED THE FUCK OFF that Oda is skipping the fight between the Revolutionary Commanders and the two new Admirals. Like, just stop doing this kind of shit to us, Oda. Anyways, after 8 fucking years, we finally see Blackbeard's post-timeskip design, and he's rocking the hardcore pirate look. It's also great to get our first Yonkou bounty.

-Just who the hell is that sitar lady?

-Hey, a clash between Ashura Doji and Inuarashi!

-I call bullshit on Tama being only slightly injured against an attack by Kaido.

-Good luck on Raizou breaking Luffy out of prison. Back to Shutenmaru, not only is he confirmed to be as strong as Inuarashi, but the seeds for a character arc are being planted for him. Character development is always a good idea.

-HOLY SHIT! THE REMAINING TWO CALAMITIES! I wish Queen was a woman, cause I want more female powerhouses in One Piece, but I can deal with him being an Okama. King looks ridiculously edgy, with some apparent connections to Impel Down maybe? As for his DF, the closest I can think of is a literal demon-themed Mythical Zoan, what with the black-feathered wings and fire emanating from his back. Finally, as expected , Jack is the weakest of the Calamities. Can't wait to see more of all three of them.

Phenomenal chapter once again, except for the Revolutionaries vs Admirals part.

Comment

There's a lot of really small shit to take from the chapter, but obviously it's not as good as the last one.

I have to say though, Oda really outdid himself with how bizarre and ugly that Hippo smile is. I mean, good lord, shit was so dumb I had to laugh.

Comment

Also carryover from the previous thread I am sticking with my Killer betrayed Kidd theory.

Comment

I wonder when Kizaru will show up. Probably at the end of act 2?

Comment

Justice in One Piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zGrHtVpdc

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                  Justice and the justice institutions in OP is just about power and control. The 3 admiral's views on justice doesn't matter in the long run seeing as they work under an autocracy.

Comment

Some noteworthy elements of the new chapter:

1. Komurasaki might be the masked woman with the sitar who appeared in the prison holding Kidd and Luffy. The resemblance is really strong.

2. There's another character in the series named Kaku. Figures.

3. How do the Straw Hats keep coming across important people or ones with connections to them like Toko? LMAO.

4. Queen sending some of his men could prove to be an interesting obstacle.

5. To absolutely NO ONE'S surprise, Lord Orochi seems to have a Devil Fruit based on the mythical Yamata No Orochi.

6. It was really nice to see some of the Straw Hats interacting with each other again in a lighthearted manner.

Really average chapter, overall.

Comment

So because the yami yami fruit is darkness, wouldn't the reason he can be hit because of the natural daylight? Would make sense since the natural weakness of darkness is light

Comment

Working...
                                      X