No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter was very enjoyable, except for that ending. Here's some quick thoughts on the events:

- Even though I don't like the idea of Sanji using his Raid Suit this early on (or even at all), he still looks fucking dope. On top of that, it gives him an ability he always dreamed of. Oda never forgets.

- Page 1's hybrid form looks ridiculously sick! Definitely one of my favorite designs in the whole series.

- I'm intrigued by Orochi's personal Ninja Squad. Hopefully, they're somewhat of a threat instead of total fodder. You know, cause they're Orochi's underlings as opposed to Kaido's.

- Big Mom has amnesia? This has potential to be a disastrous plot point, and while execution is what matters, I REALLY dislike this turn of events. This trope reeks of lazy writing, and it's more off-putting when used on a major antagonist of the series.

Comment

This was an awesome chapter!

-We got to see Sanji's raid suit in action and it definitely gave him the power boost he needed. Just look at how he took that hit through those houses and got up like nothing. "It hurt just a little." -- just damn!

-Him getting his dream of being able to go invisible is just icing on the cake! Sanji gets one of his dreams! Finally, something good happened to Sanji.

-The ninja squad was quite interesting. I didn't even consider Orochi having his own but it makes sense. I wonder how it'll play out but I'm not worried about Robin. She'll be just fine.

-I find Big Mom having Amnesia interesting. Depending how or why this happened can reveal more about her that we don't know. All I know this does is hold of Big Mom's plan to attack Kaido allowing everyone to have time to get ready for their big fight with Kaido.

Comment

Chapter's out early.

Am I the only one who can barely tell the difference between Komurasaki and Robin?

Comment

Mediocre chapter. Sure, Komurasaki was made more likeable and it's important to see more of Orochi's character, but not much happened.

Comment

Kyoshiro tho

Comment

Okay so it's been revealed that Doc Q is not only the youngest member of the original BB crew (he's in his late twenties holy shit, Robin is fucking older than this decrepit looking dude ) but also he had the highest starting bounty of the original crew.

I think we all knew something was up with this dude but I don't think anyone could've predicted this. lol

Comment

looks like I'm the biggest OP fan here, unironically

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                  Don't push it, boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                    I have completely ignored this thread, what happened to Redx?

Comment

Sup fags. Any of you catch this analysis?

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                        Sup fags. Any of you catch this analysis?

where have you been you fat bitch

Comment

• Redx
                          Redx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Been trying to keep internet usage to a minimum. Staying away from social media and all that.

• Ladd
                          Ladd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I bet you've still been on AP forums tho :v

• Redx
                          Redx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          lol. I haven't but I should probably pop in and see whats going on over there.

So Napoleon is still Ko'd
                        Last edited by Nerise; February 15th, 2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaG View Post
                          I'll tell you what, I really don't miss the redundancy of the conversations/arguments that come series comparison and arguments over quality. No longer participating in those Naruto & Bleach being finished made me better able to appreciate them, and other shonen.
                          Gotta agree with Panda here. After I got away from all the fan wars/anime elitists and actually learned about storytelling, I no longer consider them to be bad stories.

Comment

There are some clues in this chapter that Big Mom could be faking her amnesia. I sure hope that's the case, cause I hate the idea of the sole female Yonkou being used as a plot device for Kaido's eventual downfall. Speaking of Big Mom, the interactions from her crew/offspring are quite amusing.

Queen's arrival in the prison where Luffy is being held should make the next chapter a LOT more exciting to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
                              There are some clues in this chapter that Big Mom could be faking her amnesia. I sure hope that's the case, cause I hate the idea of the sole female Yonkou being used as a plot device for Kaido's eventual downfall. Speaking of Big Mom, the interactions from her crew/offspring are quite amusing.

Queen's arrival in the prison where Luffy is being held should make the next chapter a LOT more exciting to read.
                              I'm not so sure she's even smart enough to fake amnesia.

"My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Crazy theory here...

But what if when Big Mom ate Mother Carmel, she didn't die. Carmel much like Brook found a way to cheat death and had been living inside Big Mom as a spirit aka possessing her and had allowed Big Mom to make use of her powers. This could explain why she had the similar ideals of Carmel and why Big Mom went full pirate/evil over time. It could also explained how she has amnesia now because Carmel's influence isn't there anymore and it could also explain why the hat isn't awake.

Or alternatively, when hit with sea water the piece of her soul inside the hat went back to Big Mom and wiping her memory?

Either way, Chopper pointing to the hat is a foreshadow of something. That hat is special, in more ways than one and oddly enough how does it even have a sword in it too? Like I get it is one piece but everything has an logical explanation.

Comment

Queen is a really fun character, so far. The cliffhanger is also intriguing.

The pacing of this arc is definitely fucked up, though.

Comment

Working...
                                  X