Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My main problem with current shonen(OP and Boruto in particular) let's talk, how do you feel about Shonen right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

are you trying to switch up the tables and trying to make it seem like I was the one who didn't understand the satire and got butthurt now, lol
    "got"

You take shots at GoT every chance you get whilst unironically enjoying DBS. Your butt already ached long before I came along (and I don't mean because of Magikrap either)

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
      You take shots at GoT every chance you get
      wew talk about victim complex
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

victim complex
        >Coming from a guy who unironically tried to white-knight A&M in completely unrelated threads (e.g. the SPN one)

Comment

>Coming from a guy who unironically tried to white-knight A&M in completely unrelated threads (e.g. the SPN one)
          have literally no idea what you're referring to honestly
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

have literally no idea what you're referring to honestly
            this autism:

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/media/...-thread/page11

ctrl + f to find your posts :)

Comment

this autism:

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/media/...-thread/page11

ctrl + f to find your posts :)
              >he got so BUTTHURT he still remembers a totally srs discussion we had two months ago and brings it up as if it means anything

CANNOT MAKE THIS UP

Comment

>he got so BUTTHURT he still remembers a totally srs discussion we had two months ago

CANNOT MAKE THIS UP
                ...Or my long-term memory is just good. I still remember the code to the combination lock to my first carry-on back from when I was seven.

Comment

Quality > quantity.

It's better to read one obscure (but good) series than it is to read five mainstream (yet bad) ones.

Of course, this is not always the case, because someone I won't mention by name whose name starts with "S" and ends with "ouls" is as weeb as inhumanly possible and still watches mainsteam JUNK like DBS in addition to the onii-chan shit, so.
                  lol

Comment

the autism above aside, battle shounen is pretty much Japan's capeshit right now. Not to mention the authors have to worry about their manga getting axed if the sales drop, so they can't risk it by trying new ideas (giving them the benefit of the doubt that they can come with one in the first place), no one wants their manga to be the next Psyren
                    1- stop reading shounen manga at all, and if you absolutely must:
                    2- stop reading the mainstream ones, and if you absolutely must:
                    3- don't read the ones that are still being published, finished series won't leave you waiting months for actual progress, and some of the older manga are more "fresh" than any of the new-gen trash
                    Last edited by Louay; November 19th, 2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Let me clarify, there is no way in hell I will ever subjugate myself to simply the most popular battle shonen right now and stick to it just because, what I'm talking about is Shonen as a whole right now because I'm noticing the pattern is starting to get boring. Boruto and OP were just example because they're literally the most well known right now and they use this pattern to the "T", I know about other animes and manga's gaiz trust me. I personally am getting bored with the stigma of be a goku clone, get strong, abusive girl companion, beat up bad guy, friendship is strength, next arc, rinse repeat. There is no way you can tell me Toriko, Luffy, Naruto, Asta, Gon, Natsu, Seiya, and plenty more are all in someway the same character and in someway have the same goal(s) and same ambition. And I get it "influence" but how much can one take until it get's really damn dull?
                      I am the ultimate insanity!! I AM CARNAGE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnty7 View Post
                        Rushed rant

After 20+ years with shonen there is only so much one can take until it get's really dry.

One Piece: For me it started out really good, I was digging it, was I buying into hype? Fuck no(It ain't ALL that relax lol). Further down the line I started to realize that, again this is just in my experience, One Piece is starting to get really "stale". Like the villains themselves are not....that...intimidating perhaps its the artstyle or maybe it's their motives or their powers. I felt the most "intimidating" villains err antagonists were akainu, doffy, and lucci, oh maybe kaido(He has little screen time but still) but other than that everyone just seems...filler-ish. Even now, Luffy is fighting this katakuri guy and I feel like nothing is progressing, like the fighting is dragged on to hell which is another issue I have with OP lately. And even now his gear 4 just ran out so he's gotta wait a whole 10 minutes to use it again, so in turn its likely gonna be luffy running away.....alot, it's like can we hurry this up? Then we get to the powers, yeah sure most of the time they're unique I totally get it but uniqueness can only go so far until you've seen it over and over, example Big Mom her thing with soul removal its like ok cool but I've seen that like a gazillion times in other shows and manga, superhuman strength im pretty past that, the scream thing she does is cool but again been there done that. Don't take this the wrong way I can tolerate one piece it's just that lately it feels really boring.

On the plus side however, somehow I'm still interested in knowing what One Piece really is.

Boruto: This is a tricky one, as Im in the minority I'm loving it so far both manga and anime(Mostly manga however) BUT there are some issues. One is the direction, it has no clear cut set in stone direction of where it wants to end up at and granted it just started I get it but its a monthly series with 30+ episodes in anime already and nearly 20 chapters in manga, that's enough time to make clear where it's headed. The anime is hindering the series as it feels more like a daily school trip rather than a story about naruto's ninja son and his ninja buds granted they're not even genin yet in the anime but still pacing is abysmal. The manga certainly is more interesting by introducing the Kara but again each chapter feels heavily dragged on with pointless dialogue taking up full pages and they're trying way to hard to create a conflict between boruto and naruto when in reality it's not necessary. There are literally no noteworthy villains that made their presence be known. Manga artstyle will throw alot of people off.

On the plus side, I really do appreciate the fact that side characters are getting more screentime and AT LEAST the new guy is trying to make things interesting regarding the kara. Also the animation regarding the anime version is pretty fucking good on a consistent basis even after 30+ episodes.
                        If your only income of knowledge comes from a single source you'll dry out the satisfaction it creates. There are many more genres in literature and film to enjoy. I will recommend Made in Abyss as far as anime goes. I still don't watch a single episode but I've heard it is good from sound sources. And Ivery heard the plot and seen clips of it so I already know I'll like it too.

Ehh, main point is, go take a look at other things and once something good comes out worth watching/reading go enjoy it.
                        Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                        Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

• Raiden Blackthorn
                          Raiden Blackthorn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          :P I was going to recommend made in abyss till I noticed he wanted a battle shounen, Iv'e seen it and I loved it :P

Originally posted by jonnty7 View Post
                        Let me clarify, there is no way in hell I will ever subjugate myself to simply the most popular battle shonen right now and stick to it just because, what I'm talking about is Shonen as a whole right now because I'm noticing the pattern is starting to get boring. Boruto and OP were just example because they're literally the most well known right now and they use this pattern to the "T", I know about other animes and manga's gaiz trust me. I personally am getting bored with the stigma of be a goku clone, get strong, abusive girl companion, beat up bad guy, friendship is strength, next arc, rinse repeat. There is no way you can tell me Toriko, Luffy, Naruto, Asta, Gon, Natsu, Seiya, and plenty more are all in someway the same character and in someway have the same goal(s) and same ambition. And I get it "influence" but how much can one take until it get's really damn dull?
                        You can water any story down to a formula but that should in no way be a cause to hinder your enjoyment(and I'm referring to all those who feel this way about superhero movies as well) because the reality is that all stories have formulas and all characters are tropes. It's an inescapable fact of literature. Being upset that every character is a trope is pointless because otherwise there'd be no point in enjoying stories. The only thing you can do is find intrigue in "how" they're done instead of being bothered by "what" trope or formula is being used. If you have the literary acuity for that sort of thing.

That being said, if you're experiencing "shounen fatigue" so to speak, then just stop watching so much shounen. lol. It's that simple. If you're constantly consuming the same product it's only natural you'd get tired of it after a while. Just take a break from the genre and go enjoy other stories.
                        Last edited by Redx; November 20th, 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I feel great about Shonen

Comment

shit is wack, execpt one piece of course

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
                              I feel great about Shonen
                              Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
                              shit is wack, execpt one piece of course
                              The times, they are a'changing.
                              Originally posted by Wade
                              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

The times, they are a'changing.
                                Change is good, even when its bad

Comment

Working...
                                X