Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBS is the worst piece of shit anime I have ever seen in my entire life

Holy crap

Watched ep 66 a few days back because I heard Vegito the god was in it and he tore some shit up. Decided to go ahead n watch ep 67 just to see how it all ends

Lol

I mean.....I knew Akira was garbage at writing, but my God, man. My fucking God. This whole arc was ass, all of it was complete nonsense, but that fucking ending.....completely blew it all out of the shitpile. Everyone's experiences up to this point have been rendered utterly useless, Akira has turned Trunks into a complete failure beyond any possibility of redemption and shat all over the legacy of the Android and Cell sagas and Trunks' TV special, and now.....lol.....now there are two Future Trunks and two whatever-her-name-is, so the future is one huge laughable clusterfuck.

Leave it to Akira to break his universe to such astounding extremes, but Goddamn....I never would have thought he was capable of destroying his series so quickly and thoroughly.

What a lovely shit show. DBGT has nothing on Super, lmao, good fucking lord
    Last edited by Helly; November 21st, 2016, 08:56 PM.

Darkseeker1379

Comment

"two Future Trunks and two whatever-her-name-is"

What?

Why? Lol.

Honestly, I forget DBS exists every time I'm away from T5.

I can see why.
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; November 21st, 2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
        "two Future Trunks and two whatever-her-name-is"

What?

Why? Lol.

Honestly, I forget DBS exists every time I'm away from T5.

I can see why.
        Trunks' original alternate universe got blown up, so he "created" a new one by travelling to an earlier point of his timeline where everyone was still alive, including him and his bitch
        Last edited by Helly; November 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Super is just as bad as GT at this point.

Comment

I thought this shit was lit

Comment

Manga's not bad though, and this is coming from me.
              "Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will."

Comment

You guys seemed to be expecting way too much out of this series. DBZ was mediocre in it's best moments and downright awful and nigh-unwatchable at it's worst. If you go into Super expecting anything more than mediocre, you're going to be highly disappointed... In same way anyone would if watching DBZ for the first time.

I'm enjoying Super, personally. But I don't expect anything from it other than a couple laughs and some ok fights.

Comment

If Broly was in it it'd be better.

Comment

• Ouroboros
                    Ouroboros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    truuu

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
                  If Broly was in it it'd be better.
                  Objectively true.

Comment

The ending was fine, if bleak.

I mean this is Dragon Ball, a series made and marketed to 10+ year old boys so I don't know why you would expect Shakespearean writing or some shit.

Only thing that was dumb was the Future Trunks Spirit sword shit, but only because it threw out the series internal logic.

Comment

Even the most insouciant reference to the Dragon Ball franchise should be a bannable offense, honestly~

In fact, I think Cid will institute this as a rule.
                      Last edited by P408370R; November 21st, 2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                        Even the most insouciant reference to the Dragon Ball franchise should be a bannable offense, honestly~

In fact, I think Cid will institute this as a rule.
                        No way. I think Goku should be our new admin.

Comment

• Ouroboros
                          Ouroboros commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can get behind this.

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                        No way. I think Goku should be our new admin.
                        What an odious conviction, man.

Fortunately, even you answer to Lord Peak, so Gokuu will never step foot in our hallowed halls.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                          Fortunately, even you answer to Lord Peak,
                          For now...

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                            You guys seemed to be expecting way too much out of this series. DBZ was mediocre in it's best moments and downright awful and nigh-unwatchable at it's worst. If you go into Super expecting anything more than mediocre, you're going to be highly disappointed... In same way anyone would if watching DBZ for the first time.

I'm enjoying Super, personally. But I don't expect anything from it other than a couple laughs and some ok fights.
                            nah i had my expectations set pretty low

Akira managed to appall me even with my guard up though lol. I was ready for Bills or some other deity to step in and make everyone's efforts irrelevant, I was ready for them to undo everything with the dragon balls somehow. I did not think Akira would just flat out break his universe like this though lol.

Literally what is even the point of fighting any new villain anymore.

Comment

What is the deal with people saying that you can enjoy DB if you go in without expecting Shakespearean writing? No one is going with those expectations, but that doesn't excuse the godawful writing in the series. It can be so bad that it can defy expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

nah i had my expectations set pretty low

Akira managed to appall me even with my guard up though lol. I was ready for Bills or some other deity to step in and make everyone's efforts irrelevant, I was ready for them to undo everything with the dragon balls somehow. I did not think Akira would just flat out break his universe like this though lol.

Literally what is even the point of fighting any new villain anymore.
                                I've assumed Zeno would be the one to kill him for a while now. Hell, me and my buddy would often joke about how he was just going to show up and save everyone. We were a bit off, but had the basic gist of it.

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
                                What is the deal with people saying that you can enjoy DB if you go in without expecting Shakespearean writing? No one is going with those expectations, but that doesn't excuse the godawful writing in the series. It can be so bad that it can defy expectations.
                                Mostly because that's how I and all the guys I know that watch it, go into each episode. Expect the absolute worst and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't get that bad. We're all old school DBZ fans from the 90s who've grown up and have been introduced to much higher quality television. So we can look back with pure honesty and say that DB and DBZ were both garbage, but we still like it. Now we acknowledge that DBS is also garbage. But we're able to enjoy it because we know what it is and we know exactly what to expect.

I mean, in Super's defense... It's objectively better than most of DBZ. Only arcs that are genuinely better than what we've had in Super thus far is the Saiyan, Frieza, and Cell Games arcs. *shrugs*

Comment

If your expectations were a bottomless pit, Dragon Ball could still find a way to somehow unfailingly disappoint you.
                                  Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; November 21st, 2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                                    If your expectations were a bottomless pit, Dragon Ball could still find a way to somehow unfailingly disappoint you.
                                    Man, maybe me, Tyler_D, and my other few buds have simply had our expectations in a proverbial black hole. Because I'm usually pleasantly surprised with DBS. I mean, the whole twist with Black and then the fusion were pretty awful and even made me cringe. But other than that, I've genuinely enjoyed the show.

Comment

Working...
                                    X