Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post

How were they bad?
    Boring fights nobody gives a shit about (outside of Naruto vs Sasuke) dragging out the pacing
    Repeated plot premise in Bleach's case
    No consequences by healing Rock Lee
    Obsession with Sasuke begins here
    KURASAKI-KUN
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

"Sorry fucko, but she screamed my name. I can't allow myself to lose"

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Boring fights nobody gives a shit about (outside of Naruto vs Sasuke) dragging out the pacing
        Repeated plot premise in Bleach's case
        No consequences by healing Rock Lee
        Obsession with Sasuke begins here
        KURASAKI-KUN
        I liked most of the fights in those two series at those points (note that when I mention the first Arrancar arc half, I'm talking about the Karakura Town portion).

Hueco Mundo arc, yes. But again, talking about the Karakura segment.

Rock Lee's point isn't enough to massively bring down the arc.

But it wasn't too bad here. It's in the Sai arc where it's headache-inducing.

Anything else?

Comment

I liked most of the fights in those two series at those points (note that when I mention the first Arrancar arc half, I'm talking about the Karakura Town portion).

Hueco Mundo arc, yes. But again, talking about the Karakura segment.

Rock Lee's point isn't enough to massively bring down the arc.

But it wasn't too bad here. It's in the Sai arc where it's headache-inducing.

Anything else?
          Karakura is around the 200 chapter mark so the point still stands
          All the fights in the Sasuke Retrieval arc were irrelevant outside of the Kimimaro and Sasuke fights, and the former was disappointing while the latter was pushed back after a number of irrelevant fights
          Rock Lee coming back is enough to ruin one of the fights, it's enough to ruin his entire character arc, and it's enough to shit on the concept of consequences that the series so cleverly established in the arcs prior
          It's absolutely terribad here because Naruto has little to no reason even at this point to care about Sasuke and the series starts to focus on Sasuke and less on Naruto from this point onward
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I gotta agree with Doc, I never read Naruto but last year when I tried I dropped it at that point, the fights were so fucking boring not to mention how uninteresting the introduced characters were

Comment

serious shounen
              Big OOF

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                Big OOF
                I meant non battle shounen

Slam Dunk
                Great Teacher Onizuka
                A Silent Voice
                Hajime no Ippo
                Ashita no Joe
                even supernatural stuff like Death Note and Neverland and early YYH
                also dr stone

so on and so
                Last edited by DokTOR.; March 10th, 2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I meant non battle shounen

Slam Dunk
                  Great Teacher Onizuka
                  A Silent Voice
                  Hajime no Ippo
                  Ashita no Joe
                  even supernatural stuff like Death Note and Neverland and early YYH
                  also dr stone

so on and so
                  i know what you meant and the half of the list im actually familiar with are rat droppings also, whats your point

i reiterate: oof

Comment

• DokTOR.
                    DokTOR. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The point is that they're better than Kimetsu fam :]

• Lord L'Zoril
                    Lord L'Zoril commented
                    Editing a comment
                    youre the same guy who claimed that db has 'more of a plot' (lmao) than kny, so youll have to forgive me if i don't consider your opinion worth a damn lol

Finally watched the first episode of the anime. I'm interested in the future of the series.

Comment

Finally watched the first episode of the anime. I'm interested in the future of the series.
                    Even when you're doing something right, you're doing something wrong.

But if you're going to insist on being a faggot, consider swapping career paths from a crusty-ass film critic to a professional anime critic on YT? Only partially joking, btw. Newspapers are dying since this generation doesn't have the requisite attention span needed to read anything longer than a Tweet and social media is all the rage now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

But if you're going to insist on being a faggot, consider swapping career paths from a crusty-ass film critic to a professional anime critic on YT? Only partially joking, btw. Newspapers are dying since this generation doesn't have the requisite attention span needed to read anything longer than a Tweet and social media is all the rage now.
                      I hear it's ufotable producing this. If so he's probably doing the right thing for once, a high production value would do this series wonders.

Comment

• Lord L'Zoril
                        Lord L'Zoril commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think Bahamut was the last anime I ever watched... Any series prior to its release (2014 iirc) by this studio that I might've seen? For sake of reference, "Brotherhood" probably had the best production of all the anime I've watched. Ufo put out any comparable works?

• Louay
                        Louay commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Morph They're mostly famous for the Fate series, (I'm sure you've heard of Fate/Zero at least once in the OG zfags thread) and honestly are not even in the same realm when it comes to production value. Now, I haven't watched the KnY episode so I don't know if it got the same treatment, but they usually never disappoint in that regard.
                        here's a scene from the first episode of F/SN UBW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz42vpeGKk

• Lord L'Zoril
                        Lord L'Zoril commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haven't watched F/Z, although I've seen it mentioned plenty, yeah. The clip you showed is decent but not amazing (though that may simply be because I'm on my phone atm and can't pick higher res like I can on a computer).
                        Also, my mistake. I forgot that I watched the Castlevania anime a while back -- it was so short. If Ufo can match THAT level of production -- and did -- Kimetsu is bound to be amazing, provided they closely follow the story.
                        Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; April 14th, 2019, 02:38 AM.

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post

To be fair to myself, I get tired of reading manga at times and just want to watch an anime. Welp, KNY looked good enough to pick up. Like Louay said, the anime adaptation is in the hands of a competent studio, so I'm not making a bad choice.

Comment

• Lord L'Zoril
                        Lord L'Zoril commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Was just talking to Lou and he vouched for them. As long as they don't butcher the story, it should be p good, yea

Damn son

Glad they decided to stay true to the art style
                      Last edited by Louay; May 3rd, 2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Been watching this show. A bit generic, but some surprisingly decent fight scenes.

Comment

Lord L'Zoril why aren't you watching the anime with us

Last edited by Louay; August 10th, 2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                            Lord L'Zoril why aren't you watching the anime with us

Production value is unreal, but I sorta lost interest in the series when the GOAT (UM #2) was killed off in a relatively underwhelming fashion. Though be sure to tag me when the anime gets to Flame Pillar vs. UM3 and Sound Pillar vs. UM6, because seeing those particular fights animated would be kino.

Comment

Past Zemoco, you a fucking dumbass.

Because Mob Psycho just found it's rival in the AOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
                                Past Zemoco, you a fucking dumbass.

Because Mob Psycho just found it's rival in the AOTY.
                                Someone here hasn't watched Vinland Saga.

Hearing people call KNY the AOTY because of one episode alone is also hysterical.

Comment

Someone here hasn't watched Vinland Saga.

Hearing people call KNY the AOTY because of one episode alone is also hysterical.
                                  It's not just that episode. As I watched it I was getting more and more impressed by it. The character development of even the antagonist, spectacular fights (The drum demon fight was superb), the interesting worldbuilding, gorgeous art, etc.

Not to mention it's really nice to have a shonen protagonist stop pussy footing around and kills his opponents, and in the most GAR way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

It's not just that episode. As I watched it I was getting more and more impressed by it. The character development of even the antagonist, spectacular fights (The drum demon fight was superb), the interesting worldbuilding, gorgeous art, etc.

Not to mention it's really nice to have a shonen protagonist stop pussy footing around and kills his opponents, and in the most GAR way possible.
                                    The worldbuilding is subpar, lol. I can see your other points being valid enough, though.

Anyways, watch Vinland Saga.

Comment

Working...
                                    X