No announcement yet.

The REAL Weab Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rewatching the first installment of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni as a continuation of my journey through my adolescence....I reremembered it was one of the very first animes I saw aside from the normie shit (DBZ, Naruto pt 1), and Renna was my first ever waifu.

jesus

I forgot how edgy the intro was lol, this is almost comical. the show itself is p entertaining though.....

might do Chobits next since that was the very very first non-normie anime i ever saw, but idk. Even as a middle-schooler i remember thinking it was very stupid when it tried taking itself seriously, so.........not a good sign. Ningo Hime is such a good outro tho. i still listen to it to this day

Comment

dropping higurashi for now because it's dumb now

lol

forgot this series had this alternate universes meme, thereby making all the story arcs a complete waste of time. goddamn, so this is why i never finished it. the whole show is just an epic troll

started dungeon ni deai, because I remembered seeing a ton of r34 for the main grill. on episode 5, still not sure what to make of it just yet.

might go finish the monogatari series, but i'm still feelin pretty arc fatigued tbh. waiting for that Wa Bunny Girl movie to show up as well, who knows jow long that will take :c

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
        dropping higurashi for now because it's dumb now

lol

forgot this series had this alternate universes meme, thereby making all the story arcs a complete waste of time. goddamn, so this is why i never finished it. the whole show is just an epic troll

started dungeon ni deai, because I remembered seeing a ton of r34 for the main grill. on episode 5, still not sure what to make of it just yet.

might go finish the monogatari series, but i'm still feelin pretty arc fatigued tbh. waiting for that Wa Bunny Girl movie to show up as well, who knows jow long that will take :c
        I remember trying to watch this show WAAAAY back when it was airing and being kind of disturbed by it.

Now it just seems to be trying too hard, and when I get that feeling from a show it kind of makes it hard to take it seriously.

Comment

Gankutsou, expected much better but was still good

Comment

finished dungeon ni deai

eh

i mean, i didnt hate it.....i just cant justify watching another season. all the characters are just kind of....their archetypes. that's pretty much the long and short of them all. Idk. maybe they get fleshed out more in the second season, but Im not particularly moved to try and find out

fffff.......ive got nothin now. lol.

Comment

finished dungeon ni deai

eh

i mean, i didnt hate it.....i just cant justify watching another season. all the characters are just kind of....their archetypes. that's pretty much the long and short of them all. Idk. maybe they get fleshed out more in the second season, but Im not particularly moved to try and find out

fffff.......ive got nothin now. lol.
              Watch 3-gatsu no Lion fgt

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Watch 3-gatsu no Lion fgt
                SoL huh, might be just what i need, alright ill try it and if its bad ill isis u with a plastic spoon

Comment

did the first two eps of 3-gatsu. absolutely loved the first episode. very different from what I'm used to in these types of animes. alot more solemn at the start. I dearly wish they would have stuck with that other angle of the MC having no one except his adoptive sisters for a while longer, though, that was very sweet and I would have deeply appreciated a deeper exploration of that aspect as a recovering cynic myself....but it seems his rambunctious rival will be a mainstay for the remainder of the series, unfortunately =( well, so far I dont hate it, and i guess i can tolerate the other guy so long as the MC's relationship with his family doesn't get completely sidelined.

nb, nb, Louay

Comment

did the first two eps of 3-gatsu. absolutely loved the first episode. very different from what I'm used to in these types of animes. alot more solemn at the start. I dearly wish they would have stuck with that other angle of the MC having no one except his adoptive sisters for a while longer, though, that was very sweet and I would have deeply appreciated a deeper exploration of that aspect as a recovering cynic myself....but it seems his rambunctious rival will be a mainstay for the remainder of the series, unfortunately =( well, so far I dont hate it, and i guess i can tolerate the other guy so long as the MC's relationship with his family doesn't get completely sidelined.

nb, nb, Louay
                    Dont worry. Nikaidou barely appears besides one arc (and during some Shogi tournaments where he isn't the main focus anyway), the times he does, it's actually much better than the first "shounen rival" impression you got of him, I had the same reaction as you after the end of the first episode "please not another hot-blooded rival" but I was proven wrong.
                    The things you liked make up the biggest parts of the series by far, fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Dont worry. Nikaidou barely appears besides one arc (and during some Shogi tournaments where he isn't the main focus anyway), the times he does, it's actually much better than the first "shounen rival" impression you got of him, I had the same reaction as you after the end of the first episode "please not another hot-blooded rival" but I was proven wrong.
                      The things you liked make up the biggest parts of the series by far, fortunately.
                      ah that is excellent news, then i shall commence binge-watching a bunch of eps this weekend

Comment

on ep 5 of 3-gatsu

damn.....this animu is real af, bros. poor hina <3 hate the mc for not hugging her goddamnit

also, was under the weather for a few days and i marathon'd the FUCK out of Kubikiri Cycle, since i wanted something dark a d dramatic. not exactly what i got, but w/e. baes were bae. The story? ehhhhh.......I dont like how they just gave it all away so quick by the end of ep 3. they even mentioned the locked room and body swap devices in the anime itself, which was pretty unwise in my opinion......

that said....i did like the colours and such, though how much of that was due to my medications is impossible to know.....either way, tomo was qt af.

gonna go hunt for the wa bunny movie again. watching this late is ill-advised but goddamnit ive been blue-balled for way too long

Comment

Started the VN for Dies Iraes, it's good so far

Comment

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ust-29/.150293

This is the best news in a while. Maybe there's even hope for Vagabond.

Comment

on ep 5 of 3-gatsu

damn.....this animu is real af, bros. poor hina <3 hate the mc for not hugging her goddamnit

also, was under the weather for a few days and i marathon'd the FUCK out of Kubikiri Cycle, since i wanted something dark a d dramatic. not exactly what i got, but w/e. baes were bae. The story? ehhhhh.......I dont like how they just gave it all away so quick by the end of ep 3. they even mentioned the locked room and body swap devices in the anime itself, which was pretty unwise in my opinion......

that said....i did like the colours and such, though how much of that was due to my medications is impossible to know.....either way, tomo was qt af.
                              should've read the novel, the adaptation is garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post

should've read the novel, the adaptation is garbage
                                but the ost and colours tho =(

btw.....have u started the breaking bad yet, its frikkin awesome if you like character stuff. its first season is pretty unexceptional tho, but it starts to pick up after that

Comment

Working...
                                X