Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
    Finally, I'm salty at the state of this thread. Do people here straight up don't care for OP anymore?
    When the really crazy stuff starts happening in this arc they'll all be running back.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
      I hope O-Kiku gets over her damsel in distress side soon enough. Otherwise, she's a decent character.

      Hurry up and get Law on the battlefield alongside Luffy and company, Oda! Also, Holdem shouldn't be able to put up much of a fight. Luffy defeated Katakuri after all.

      Fuck! Hiatus next week. MHA better compensate for that loss with an amazing chapter (doubt it).

      Finally, I'm salty at the state of this thread. Do people here straight up don't care for OP anymore?
      Only BLEACH could generate that kind of constant traffic. Don't act surprised.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Issa View Post
        Only BLEACH could generate that kind of constant traffic. Don't act surprised.
        Cause Bleach was ridiculously easy to make fun of, that's why. LMAO.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post

          Cause Bleach was ridiculously easy to make fun of, that's why. LMAO.

          If that's what you have to tell yourself.

          Comment


          • Tenryuunaito
            Tenryuunaito commented
            Editing a comment
            It's the truth. Why do you think half of the posts were negative on a weekly basis?

          Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post

          Cause Bleach was ridiculously easy to make fun of, that's why. LMAO.
          whether you liked it or not, Bleach was always fun to discuss which was why the thread was so active for so long.

          One Piece isn't fun to discuss unless some big plot development is going on.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Ladd View Post

            whether you liked it or not, Bleach was always fun to discuss which was why the thread was so active for so long.

            One Piece isn't fun to discuss unless some big plot development is going on.
            A bitter pill to swallow, but I can see your point.

            Comment



              Makes sense since the stories are structured differently. We all know One Piece spends a lot of time building up to shit. Personally, I find it hard to want to talk about what happened in a chapter when I’m too busy looking forward to what could happen at it’s climax.

              I think Bleach heading towards it’s end and having the most important plot points wrapped up contributed as well. compared to OP's hiatuses.

              I don't expect it, but I'd really like to see Hawkins skirmish with Law a bit, just for the interaction between their powers. Seeing Law at the end has gotten my hopes up.
              Last edited by PandaG; September 1st, 2018, 11:40 PM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
                A bitter pill to swallow
                Ayy gurrrl, lemme mine some of that SALT tho

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
                  Finally, I'm salty at the state of this thread. Do people here straight up don't care for OP anymore?
                  Im just busy with work/class/getting lit that I keep forgetting to come here and talk about it is all.
                  Dont worry its still tiers above that naruto series you love so much

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Ladd View Post

                    whether you liked it or not, Bleach was always fun to discuss which was why the thread was so active for so long.

                    One Piece isn't fun to discuss unless some big plot development is going on.
                    Exactly Kubo made decisions that you had to talk about (mock).

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ladd View Post

                      whether you liked it or not, Bleach was always fun to discuss which was why the thread was so active for so long.

                      One Piece isn't fun to discuss unless some big plot development is going on.
                      I'd have to disagree. There was certainly more shock factor because Kubo was actively fucking up the story pretty often after the Arrancar arc, but I find the One Piece's world in general far more interesting. The mysteries that have been set up over years and the characters we're all excited to see fleshed out seem more fun to talk about to me. The pace of the story just happens to be slower (which is definitely a good thing considering how Bleach ended up) and people are impatient.

                      Comment


                        Indifference is worse than love and hate, tbh. Even if people hate you, at least they're still thinking about you. If they're indifferent, they simply cba.

                        What's most telling, however, is when even those who love you won't give you the time of day. ;)
                        Last edited by Oneiros; September 3rd, 2018, 02:41 AM.

                        Comment


                          Good thing T5 is the only site trash enough to commit such abominable sins. I refuse to stoop to such levels.

                          Comment


                            Anyone watch the Skypeia special?

                            I watched it in passing so I don’t remember the details, but they changed up some shit which was weird to me. I get that they need to change some stuff to shorten it, but still.

                            Wiper w/ a mask beating Luffy, Zoro and Sanji on the ship was cut out. I remember that one.
                            Last edited by PandaG; September 4th, 2018, 07:20 AM. Reason: typo

                            Comment



                              classic shit tbh

                              Comment


                                Law vs Hawkins coming, hopefully. Don’t expect a full on Luffy vs Katakuri or Law vs Smoker type fight, but a decent amount of focus would be nice.
                                Last edited by PandaG; September 13th, 2018, 01:34 PM.

                                Comment


                                  Poor Holdem. He just isn't on the level of someone like Luffy. He's below Calamity/Sweet Commander tier, for crying out loud. Speaking of which, I'm hyped to see Jack again.

                                  Really hate how Kiku was captured. She'd better grow out of this phase soon enough. She deserves better.

                                  Oda, don't you dare skip Law vs Hawkins. We need more fights in the series that don't revolve around the main characters.

                                  Comment


                                    Arc is great so far. I'm wondering if this is where Hawkins takes his chance to flip on Kaido and become a double agent to help the Strawhats and Law. If he doesn't he's definitely gonna have to mix it up with Law which would also be dope.

                                    Also who do you guys think is stronger, Jack the Drought or Charolette Katakuri? Katakuri's bounty was a lot higher but we all know that doesn't necessarily tell you anything. I personally think Luffy is at a point where he can take Jack without struggling as much as he did against Katakuri. Jack seems very much like a physical brawler (as most Zoan users would be) and we haven't really seen anyone straight-up out-brawl Luffy since like Rob Lucci. Once Luffy gets around whatever tricky-ass ability his opponent has and turns the fight into a straight boxing match he usually wins. He won't even have to work that hard against a bunch of Zoan users (unless he runs into a Mythcial Zoan with extra powers). Hell maybe even Zoro could put Jack down now. I'd like to see him finally go all-out in a 1-on-1 this arc.

                                    And speaking of calamities I can't wait to get a look at them and see what Zoans they have. I'm holding out hope that the REAL Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Lion belongs to one of them. It’d be a cool contrast to Holdem and display the difference in strength gained from real Zoans vs fake ones. The powers of the true “king of beasts” would be well placed at the top of Kaido’s organization. Other than that they should all be at least ancient if not mythical. Should be cool to see either way.

                                    Can't forget about KIDD either. Hope he puts in work when they bust him outta jail.

                                    All in all LOTS of stuff to look forward to.
                                    Last edited by Ademus; September 14th, 2018, 12:33 AM.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Ademus View Post
                                      Arc is great so far. I'm wondering if this is where Hawkins takes his chance to flip on Kaido and become a double agent to help the Strawhats and Law. If he doesn't he's definitely gonna have to mix it up with Law which would also be dope.

                                      Also who do you guys think is stronger, Jack the Drought or Charolette Katakuri? Katakuri's bounty was a lot higher but we all know that doesn't necessarily tell you anything. I personally think Luffy is at a point where he can take Jack without struggling as much as he did against Katakuri. Jack seems very much like a physical brawler (as most Zoan users would be) and we haven't really seen anyone straight-up out-brawl Luffy since like Rob Lucci. Once Luffy gets around whatever tricky-ass ability his opponent has and turns the fight into a straight boxing match he usually wins. He won't even have to work that hard against a bunch of Zoan users (unless he runs into a Mythcial Zoan with extra powers). Hell maybe even Zoro could put Jack down now. I'd like to see him finally go all-out in a 1-on-1 this arc.

                                      And speaking of calamities I can't wait to get a look at them and see what Zoans they have. I'm holding out hope that the REAL Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Lion belongs to one of them. It’d be a cool contrast to Holdem and display the difference in strength gained from real Zoans vs fake ones. The powers of the true “king of beasts” would be well placed at the top of Kaido’s organization. Other than that they should all be at least ancient if not mythical. Should be cool to see either way.

                                      Can't forget about KIDD either. Hope he puts in work when they bust him outta jail.

                                      All in all LOTS of stuff to look forward to.
                                      I got Dogtooth, based on what we have seen so far, i give him the nod cause he seems more cerebral, and his haki will give him a huge edge. Katakuri definitely doesn't want a drawn-out fight tho, cause Jack is durable as a mufucka, and got stamina for days.

                                      And about Calamities, i hope it's another ancient Zoan DF user. Maybe even mythical zoan, but then again, it might be reserved for Kaidou.

                                      Comment


                                        So I guess Law will ally with Hawkins somehow
                                        I never understood why Kidd couldn't allow Luffy and him to go for the same yonko. The end goal is PK for them

                                        Comment

                                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

                                        Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                        Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X