Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Nerise View Post
    too much vs faggotry
    Not enough plot to talk about anything else lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

    Comment


    • Nerise
      Nerise commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt say I hated it

    I wonder how big the Revolutionary army is. They just seem to recruit anyone that hates the Celestial Dragons or pirates and it seems like pretty much everyone hates them.

    Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

    The story is due for another wg arc. Nothing short of a admiral is capable of stopping Luffy. Based off what has been shown. As far as what is left in each group the shibukai Mihawk and Kuma. Marines Admirals and possibly Sentomaru. Yonkou crews a commanders could fight him. But I doubt they offer the same challenge pre Katakuri.
    Lol please no more Shichibukai as a final villain for an arc. Luffy's already beaten three (Crocodile, Moriah, Doflamingo), and personally met all of them with the exception of Weevil/Weeble however you spell his name.

    The next marine he beats up has to be an Admiral or above. Or Smoker but he's not worthy atm.
    Last edited by Zeus; May 14th, 2018, 09:24 PM.
    "My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

    Comment


      Originally posted by Zeus View Post

      Lol please no more Shichibukai as a final villain for an arc. Luffy's already beaten three (Crocodile, Moriah, Doflamingo), and personally met all of them with the exception of Weevil/Weeble however you spell his name.

      The next marine he beats up has to be an Admiral or above. Or Smoker but he's not worthy atm.
      I mean Zoro Mihawk is going to happen eventually and also Kuma snuffed them all casually the first time. Kuma legit might be slept on. But I really don't care about shichibukai anymore either.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

      Comment


        Originally posted by Ademus View Post

        Lmaooo you're almost definitely right. As a matter of fact, in chapter 801 where Doffy talks about all the "monsters" fighting for control of the New World, the silhouettes shown when he mentions the Revolutionary Army's beasts are those of Dragon, Sabo, Iva, and Morley.

        Dragon and Sabo do probably sit on a tier above the rest of them though. I feel like Sabo was admiral level even before he got one of the best DFs in the series.
        Good catch.

        Honestly, the lack of a DF (particularly a Logia) might've served to make Sabo even stronger than Ace. Ace used to have a small edge, but that was before he became "overly reliant" on his Fruit. Consequently, his durability suffered. Conversely, Sabo was out there bodying fools with Haki and natural strength alone. That's why I believe the Fruit actually weakened Sabo initially in spite of being a power-up because he couldn't control it properly at the time. It's just that Burgess was such light work that it ultimately didn't matter. Lol


        Originally posted by Redx View Post

        Thas different tho.

        We did. Pretty sure I posted the summaries of it in here.
        How so?

        Oh? Was it just non-canon filler like the Itachi/Madara Gaiden, then? Idk, thought we'd get a flashback sequence in the actual story or something.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

          Good catch.

          Honestly, the lack of a DF (particularly a Logia) might've served to make Sabo even stronger than Ace. Ace used to have a small edge, but that was before he became "overly reliant" on his Fruit. Consequently, his durability suffered. Conversely, Sabo was out there bodying fools with Haki and natural strength alone. That's why I believe the Fruit actually weakened Sabo initially in spite of being a power-up because he couldn't control it properly at the time. It's just that Burgess was such light work that it ultimately didn't matter. Lol




          How so?

          Oh? Was it just non-canon filler like the Itachi/Madara Gaiden, then? Idk, thought we'd get a flashback sequence in the actual story or something.
          I thought that was supposed to happen in Wano?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
            How so?
            2 different kinds of edgelords. ones an asshole edgelord and ones a dark & brooding edgelord. The latter of the two being the most faggy.

            Oh? Was it just non-canon filler like the Itachi/Madara Gaiden, then?
            Turns out it's canon actually.

            thought we'd get a flashback sequence in the actual story or something.
            We're still getting that too. The Ace Novel is just extra. And for the record turns out Ace was a beast before he even entered the New World. So you might wanna rethink that whole Sabo comparison. lol.

            Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

            I thought that was supposed to happen in Wano?
            Guys, I went through the trouble of posting all 3 volumes for part 1 of the Novel and now you're telling me yall didn't read the shit?

            Fuck it. Now I gotta got look for it.

            Comment


              There. Summaries for the first 3 chapters of the Ace Novel.










              The next part should cover his time in the New World whenever it comes out. And we're getting bonus backstory in Wano on top of that. I think the novel itself should be out in paperback by now.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                Good catch.

                Honestly, the lack of a DF (particularly a Logia) might've served to make Sabo even stronger than Ace. Ace used to have a small edge, but that was before he became "overly reliant" on his Fruit. Consequently, his durability suffered. Conversely, Sabo was out there bodying fools with Haki and natural strength alone. That's why I believe the Fruit actually weakened Sabo initially in spite of being a power-up because he couldn't control it properly at the time. It's just that Burgess was such light work that it ultimately didn't matter. Lol
                That’s the beauty of Sabo. I don’t think it’s possible to make him weaker with a good DF. Ace gained a lot of his fighting strength as the wielder of that fruit. He ended up building himself around his ability. Sabo had already mastered ability-less combat long before he got his hands on it, so his foundation is different. His Haki and martial arts and physical strength are probably much better than Ace’s and he’s still got all those tools at his disposal. Now he’s just got an amazing ability to stack on top of it. Learning how to combine the two can only make him stronger.
                Last edited by Ademus; May 16th, 2018, 04:28 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ademus View Post
                  His Haki and martial arts and physical strength are probably much better than Ace’s
                  Again, guys read above. The novel makes that highly unlikely.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Redx View Post
                    There. Summaries for the first 3 chapters of the Ace Novel.










                    The next part should cover his time in the New World whenever it comes out. And we're getting bonus backstory in Wano on top of that. I think the novel itself should be out in paperback by now.
                    So this pretty much confirms my feelings about Ace and Jinbe. Dude just casually learned Haki and beat the shit out of a VA before he entered the NW. Jinbe isn't going to show back up in the story until Lanji/Zoro get stronger in Wano to keep them all on the same level.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Redx View Post
                      2 different kinds of edgelords. ones an asshole edgelord and ones a dark & brooding edgelord. The latter of the two being the most faggy.
                      Nah, edgelords who keep up a facade of being "good guys" when they're worse than any bad guy are definitely the most faggy, as evinced by VA Draw and Saltazuki himself.

                      We're still getting that too. The Ace Novel is just extra. And for the record turns out Ace was a beast before he even entered the New World. So you might wanna rethink that whole Sabo comparison. lol.
                      Ace being a monster and Sabo being a monster isn't mutually exclusive. If anything, it's mutually inclusive given that they were equals as kids. It's just that Ace's growth (namely his durability, as stated by Blackbeard) suffered a bit due to attaining such a potent Fruit, whereas Sabo had to depend entirely on Haki and martial arts. Never mind that Sabo should automatically be stronger by virtue of being a proper benchmark for a hypothetical post-skip Ace.

                      Comment


                        Oneiros No way. The brooding edgelord is far more cliche and therefore is the most cringey.

                        You forget Ace had the edge over Sabo tho. Auger mentioned that during the fight with Teach, Ace's physical stats were insane. I don't think it hindered him as much as someone like Croc or Enel. Plus when you take into account how quickly he gets stronger and how many years he spend fighting famous New World captains you're left with Ace being OP.

                        Also guys, no chapter this week. So it looks like I'm catching up with Comics instead.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Redx View Post
                          Again, guys read above. The novel makes that highly unlikely.
                          Nah not really. Just read the summaries and nothing about beating down a VA suggests Ace's physical abilities being on the same level as someone who was Admiral level long before ever consuming a DF. Ace beat Draw in a fist-fight. Sabo literally just walked up and crushed Bastille's head with his fingers. We can assume that maybe Ace closed some of that gap, but his fight with Blackbeard already showed us that Ace relied far more on his fruit for both offense and defense than anything else.

                          It's only natural that the guy who only has his physical abilities at his disposal almost his entire life is going to develop them faster than someone with superpowers to use.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Redx View Post
                            Oneiros No way. The brooding edgelord is far more cliche and therefore is the most cringey.

                            You forget Ace had the edge over Sabo tho. Auger mentioned that during the fight with Teach, Ace's physical stats were insane. I don't think it hindered him as much as someone like Croc or Enel. Plus when you take into account how quickly he gets stronger and how many years he spend fighting famous New World captains you're left with Ace being OP.

                            Also guys, no chapter this week. So it looks like I'm catching up with Comics instead.
                            A faggot is still only just a faggot, regardless of whether he's a common faggot or a rare faggot. And honestly, I'd take an unsanctimonious stereotype over a sanctimonious snowflake any day.



                            ^ That's a marginal "edge" if ever I've seen one. They're almost dead equal.

                            And nobody is denying that Ace was a monster, physically or otherwise; just don't sleep on Sabo either. Someone who can casually body high-level combatants like Bastille and Burgess, fend off someone as deadly as Joker with minimal effort, and effortlessly go blow for blow with an Admiral is a monster. And even if Ace were still (slightly) stronger than Sabo, which is unlikely, it's been three years since his death. There's a 99.999...9% chance Sabo as he is now is stronger.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Ademus View Post

                              Nah not really. Just read the summaries and nothing about beating down a VA suggests Ace's physical abilities being on the same level as someone who was Admiral level long before ever consuming a DF. Ace beat Draw in a fist-fight. Sabo literally just walked up and crushed Bastille's head with his fingers.
                              I think you missed the point. It's not simply beating a VA it's defeating an opponent stronger than all of the preskip strawhats before he ever entered the New World. And he did so by gaining stronger Haki on a complete whim. The take away here is his insane growth rate. When taking into account that this is 3 years before Luffy even set out to the sea it becomes even more insane. And they haven't even covered his exploits in the New World yet.

                              Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                              ^ That's a marginal "edge" if ever I've seen one. They're almost dead equal.

                              And nobody is denying that Ace was a monster, physically or otherwise; just don't sleep on Sabo either. Someone who can casually body high-level combatants like Bastille and Burgess, fend off someone as deadly as Joker with minimal effort, and effortlessly go blow for blow with an Admiral is a monster. And even if Ace were still (slightly) stronger than Sabo, which is unlikely, it's been three years since his death. There's a 99.999...9% chance Sabo as he is now is stronger.
                              Alright, thats fair. lol.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Redx View Post
                                I think you missed the point. It's not simply beating a VA it's defeating an opponent stronger than all of the preskip strawhats before he ever entered the New World. And he did so by gaining stronger Haki on a complete whim. The take away here is his insane growth rate. When taking into account that this is 3 years before Luffy even set out to the sea it becomes even more insane. And they haven't even covered his exploits in the New World yet.
                                Not really. Just moreso looking at everything we’ve been given on Ace (not just the new novel) and putting it all into perspective.

                                I’m in no way denying that Ace was a monster and had been one virtually his whole life. That much was pretty obvious even before we got the extra backstory. But we’re not taking this new info and then scaling him off that. We already have a rough idea of what his limits were and where he topped out. His fights with Blackbeard and at Marineford already gave us that information. In every combat situation we’ve actually been able to see, Ace didn’t fare well if his opponent found a way to overcome his Devil Fruit powers. He also didn’t handle physical hits well at all and I’m pretty sure Blackbeard wasn’t even using Haki for those strikes; just his fruit to cancel Ace’s.

                                Thats the kind of fighter he became after receiving his ability. His style likely shifted and became moreso centered around his DF than physical strength and Haki. Not to say he hadn’t developed or used that stuff at all, but not as much as he might have without a logia to lean on. This makes sense cause his ability was really strong, but it left him with some vulnerabilities that his final two opponents were clearly able to capitalize on.

                                My whole point in all this is that Sabo, who has already made those parts of his game CRAZY strong (due to not having a DF until his physical attributes and martial arts and Haki already put him at least at Admiral level), is likely even Stronger than Ace was now that he’s acquired his powers.

                                Comment


                                  Ademus That sounds reasonable. However I think you're overestimating Ace's reliance on his ability. Yes he used it often but can we really say that he relied on it to the point it made him weaker? When we look at the Admirals none of these characters seem to be lacking in the physical area despite their reliance on their DF. Not to mention most Logias in the New World according to Pekoms have quick deaths due to the abundance of Haki users. Ace logically would have been encountering such opponents non-stop, making his Logia defense a non-factor in most of his fights.

                                  All that aside everyone needs to give this a read. The similarities are staggering.

                                  https://orojackson.com/one-piece-the...oku-haki.1165/

                                  Makes me excited for the Haki reveals we're most likely going to get before(or after) Wano.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Redx View Post
                                    Ademus That sounds reasonable. However I think you're overestimating Ace's reliance on his ability. Yes he used it often but can we really say that he relied on it to the point it made him weaker? When we look at the Admirals none of these characters seem to be lacking in the physical area despite their reliance on their DF. Not to mention most Logias in the New World according to Pekoms have quick deaths due to the abundance of Haki users. Ace logically would have been encountering such opponents non-stop, making his Logia defense a non-factor in most of his fights.

                                    All that aside everyone needs to give this a read. The similarities are staggering.

                                    https://orojackson.com/one-piece-the...oku-haki.1165/

                                    Makes me excited for the Haki reveals we're most likely going to get before(or after) Wano.
                                    If you remember, most of the really strong logia users are still able to use their abilities against Haki users if their own Haki is comparable/stronger (like when Akainu was attacked by Marco at Marineford and still avoided injury via logia intangibility). They can probably use Haki to overcome their DF's natural weaknesses too. Kuzan's fruit had to have been way weaker against Sakazuki's than even Ace's but he still fought him for like 10 days and left him with permanent scars. Gotta chalk that up to how well-rounded and developed the rest of his strengths were. Ace had to have developed some of that stuff to survive in the New World, but I don't think he'd done it enough to fight on the really big stages yet.

                                    It would've been awesome to see how strong he was gonna get though.

                                    Also I wonder if Sabo has Haoshoku. If not his overall potential may be lower than Ace's would've been.

                                    Comment


                                      Did ya ever stop and realize that katakuri is the best villain so far and he’s absolutely bro material for future pirate king

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Squark View Post
                                        Did ya ever stop and realize that katakuri is the best villain so far and he’s absolutely bro material for future pirate king
                                        yooooo my dude, Swuark

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X