No announcement yet.

MMA Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we know Aldo didn't pussy out. But even I'll say he's too injury prone to properly defend his title. Don't know if he should outright relinquish it for that though. I'd rather see the winner between McGregor and Mendes getting the title tbh.
    "My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Well guys...
      Originally posted by Anime18
      Dude...quit acting like a fucking nigger dude...
      Originally posted by A New Soul

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
      So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

I think Aldo is done for when they fight.
        Mendes throws harders shot then Aldo, McGregor ate them like nothing.
        Mendes` takedowns and Aldo`s arent comparable, Mendes is obviously superior so we have no idea how well Aldo would do if he even attempted a takedown.
        Aldo has a massive chin but Mcgregor has one of the best one punch-KO power in the UFC, and definitely the best in his division.
        McGregor is more diverse and unpredicatable with his kicks while Aldo has harder leg kicks.
        Conor has, as I said, superior power in his punches, and is a far better boxer.

Honestly the only way I see Conor losing to Aldo is a decision in case Aldo manages to mess up his legs heavily (which I dont really see happening), or a submission from some weird scramble.

I`d personally say Conor wins 7/10

Comment

How is Mended obviously better than Aldo when he's lost to him two times? To add, Conor was getting rekt, but Mendes is a little bodybuilding wrestler who gassed and can't take a punch.

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
          So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Groovy wavy View Post
            How is Mended obviously better than Aldo when he's lost to him two times? To add, Conor was getting rekt, but Mendes is a little bodybuilding wrestler who gassed and can't take a punch.
            His second loss was a 5 round war, and where did I say Mendes is better than Aldo?
            I said he has better WRESTLING and superior punching power, which he does.

As for "getting rekt", Conor wasnt even rocked, he ate his strongest elbows and punches without even flinching. No way in hell does Aldo have enough punching power to knock him out.
            And he was easily winning the striking exchanges. Hell he was winning them while fighting slightly uncharacteristic for himself.
            He clearly got emotional as well, and was rushing in without any in-and-out.
            As for gassing out, Chad took the fight on 2 weeks notice, he can say all he wants about always being in shape but there is a difference between having a full camp and just jumping in. Same as how Conor said "they are all the same", thats just talk. He would clearly prepare differently for a wrestler.
            And nobody in Featherweight except maybe Frankie can take Conor`s punches without getting at least dropped down. Thats not a problem of Chad`s chin, its the problem of Conor`s jackhammer fists.
            Plus, getting smashed in your ribs and plexus a bunch of times by spinning kicks works wonders on gassing out.

To summarize:
            Conor has shown to take superior strikes than Aldo can dish out.
            Conor has once again shown his KO power which will matter against Aldo who got dropped by Chad`s punching power
            And he has shown that while wrestling is his weak side, he WILL get up the moment you give him space.

In short, the only way I see Aldo winning is if he pulls out a decision by wearing Conor out with leg kicks, or some submission out of a scramble.

Comment

Personally I think Frankie has far more of a chance at beating Conor than Aldo does.

Comment

I also think Frankie will do a little better because of his wrestling, conditioning (the guy never tires) and his foot movement. He's gonna make McGregor work to catch him.

Now the fight at hand. Obviously Mendes extremely tired. You could say it was partly because of McGregor's brutalizing kicks, but conor didn't really get the opportunity to kick Mendes in the second round. They were on the ground the entire time. Mendes gets up and you could literally see just how fucking tired he was. He couldn't even put his hands up. So I'll give Mendes his fair due and say if he had a full training camp, he could have won by submission, but I think it's more probable that he would've eventually gassed out (if not in the 2nd then 4th or 5th) and once McGregor is on his feet, he will ko Mendes. It's as simple as that.

As for McGregor, this fight only further made me realize that my preconceived opinions about him were right. He really has limited takedown defense. Some of Mendes takedowns were so easy it almost baffled me. And once he's on the ground, he looks completely lost. So he's gonna have to work on that. As for his stand-up, omg, he is definitely by far the best in the division and possibly the best I've ever seen in the ufc. His boxing skills, how clean and accurate his punching is? I've never seen that before. Maybe prime Silva. But nobody can stand with McGregor (and that includes aldo).

Now I'll only disagree with Zn in his assessment that Mendes is aldos superior is punching power. Mendes definitely throws harder (which is probably why he gasses late in fights) but aldo hits harder because he's a little more accurate.

Aldo is also a pretty good wrestler himself, but he uses his wrestling defensively, so I don't know how that'll play out in a fight against McGregor. It's not like aldo is gonna have to fend off takedowns. So that aspect will be really interesting.

Another bad thing about aldo is he often likes to stand in front of ppl. That's gonna get him kod. I mean if he moves around, utilizes his wrestling offensively, uses his leg kicks more often (I'm talking like how he did against Faber), I like his chances really really well. Because McGregor has to worry about a variety of things. But aldo is so set in his ways. He's gonna stand, and nobody is beating McGregor that way. Nobody!

Comment

Also I really feel bad for Frankie. He really should get a title shot this year or early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by I am Necessary Evil View Post
                    I also think Frankie will do a little better because of his wrestling, conditioning (the guy never tires) and his foot movement. He's gonna make McGregor work to catch him.

Now the fight at hand. Obviously Mendes extremely tired. You could say it was partly because of McGregor's brutalizing kicks, but conor didn't really get the opportunity to kick Mendes in the second round. They were on the ground the entire time. Mendes gets up and you could literally see just how fucking tired he was. He couldn't even put his hands up. So I'll give Mendes his fair due and say if he had a full training camp, he could have won by submission, but I think it's more probable that he would've eventually gassed out (if not in the 2nd then 4th or 5th) and once McGregor is on his feet, he will ko Mendes. It's as simple as that.

As for McGregor, this fight only further made me realize that my preconceived opinions about him were right. He really has limited takedown defense. Some of Mendes takedowns were so easy it almost baffled me. And once he's on the ground, he looks completely lost. So he's gonna have to work on that. As for his stand-up, omg, he is definitely by far the best in the division and possibly the best I've ever seen in the ufc. His boxing skills, how clean and accurate his punching is? I've never seen that before. Maybe prime Silva. But nobody can stand with McGregor (and that includes aldo).

Now I'll only disagree with Zn in his assessment that Mendes is aldos superior is punching power. Mendes definitely throws harder (which is probably why he gasses late in fights) but aldo hits harder because he's a little more accurate.

Aldo is also a pretty good wrestler himself, but he uses his wrestling defensively, so I don't know how that'll play out in a fight against McGregor. It's not like aldo is gonna have to fend off takedowns. So that aspect will be really interesting.

Another bad thing about aldo is he often likes to stand in front of ppl. That's gonna get him kod. I mean if he moves around, utilizes his wrestling offensively, uses his leg kicks more often (I'm talking like how he did against Faber), I like his chances really really well. Because McGregor has to worry about a variety of things. But aldo is so set in his ways. He's gonna stand, and nobody is beating McGregor that way. Nobody!
                    I can agree with this.

As far as that punching power part goes, yeah I can agree that the majority of Aldo`s strikes will land "harder" because of their accuracy, but when the big ones from Mendes land(the uppercut and the overhand) they are far stronger than Aldo`s best.

Conor however has both the accuracy of Aldo(if not better), and the power of Mendes.

Comment

I don't subscribe to those theories. Mendes was obviously beating Connor's ass on with 17 days of training after facing the champion lol, gassed out, and got crumpled.

Connor is definitely fuckin beast, but he ain't going in like y'all think.

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

I don't subscribe to those theories. Mendes was obviously beating Connor's ass on with 17 days of training after facing the champion lol, gassed out, and got crumpled.

He was beating his ass but the only thing that beating would produce is points. He hit him with the kitchen sink and Conor didnt even flinch. The moment Mendes gave him a bit of space Conor got up. And when he was up he was working a clinic.
                        If Mendes had a full camp it would be a different story but in the end, I think Conor would still win. Lets not pretend that Conor wouldnt have an advantage as well with a camp focused on Mendes instead of Aldo.

And I personally wasnt even dissapointed of Conor`s ground game, I was only dissapointed of his TDD.
                        Chad is a decorated wrestler, ofcourse Conor wont beat him at the ground game, but he managed to get up the milisecond he was given space, which is a sign of good defensive ground game.

Comment

What do you mean. Do you think aldo is gonna stand with conor for 5 rounds like he did against Mendes and come out as champion. He will get fucked up. And I'm a huge aldo fan. Just saying, his stand-up game doesn't measure with McGregor's. But that aside, also is much more complete a fighter.

Comment

Conor says Ronda would throw him on his head in 1 second if she got a hold of him. http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13...ey-take-second

Comment

I'm gonna go to buffalo tomorrow night to watch Ronda shit on another girl, but I think I'll bet against her this time

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

I'm gonna go to buffalo tomorrow night to watch Ronda shit on another girl, but I think I'll bet against her this time
                                Eh, you can always try for a big payout, but lets be real. Ronda will absolutely demolish Bethe.

Comment

I have no doubt in my mind that she will lol

But look, 2015 has been a troll year

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

I have no doubt in my mind that she will lol

But look, 2015 has been a troll year
                                    True true, plus it would be a pretty big payout :)

Comment

Originally posted by I am Necessary Evil View Post

What do you mean. Do you think aldo is gonna stand with conor for 5 rounds like he did against Mendes and come out as champion. He will get fucked up. And I'm a huge aldo fan. Just saying, his stand-up game doesn't measure with McGregor's. But that aside, also is much more complete a fighter.
                                      Even I'll admit this after what he did to Mendes.

Aldo has done the majority of his fights in the stand up, and that's likely where he'll battle it out with McGregor. I was a stubborn ass to admit McGregor's striking is the best in his division barring Aldo. He doesn't have to worry about Wrestling either. Aldo is in trouble.
                                      "My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Pat Cummins and Damian Maia showed us the difference in skill between good and good enough lol

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Did I just watch the best TUF fight/UFC co main ever??????

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X