MMA Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Groovy wavy View Post
    They need to give Jon some time to get rid of ring rust.
    But then it'd be a slaughterhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
      We've been over this.
      I could see of Dos Anjos was fat and slow... He's not lol
      Originally posted by Anime18
      Dude...quit acting like a fucking nigger dude...
      Originally posted by A New Soul

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
      So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

Dos Anjos because he's bigger and faces bigger dudes regularly
        He isnt bigger tho...
        They have roughly the same walking weight, they have the same height, and Conor has bigger reach.

Uncle Hank
        I got McGregor.
        But hopefully it will be a fight that people thought Aldo vs McGregor will be.

Comment

Wow...Wonderboy just fought his toughest opponent yet, and he looked more dominant than ever before.
          That was an outstanding preformance.
          With his takedown defence, and ground game getting better and better, I wouldnt be suprised if he becomes the champion one day in the future.
          I`d love to see what a Rory or Condit vs Wonderboy fight would look like.

Comment

Fuck I'm missing out on MMA!

and, yeah, they're roughly the same height and weight, but Dos Anjos just looks like a fairly larger and stronger person with some power in his hands and good enough grappling. He's also been fighting stronger, bigger dudes for longer. He has the physical advantage. I think their skills are on par, barring striking; where McGregor is better. McGregor's grappling, tho, is rudimentary.

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
            So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

Originally posted by znjfl View Post
              Wow...Wonderboy just fought his toughest opponent yet, and he looked more dominant than ever before.
              That was an outstanding preformance.
              With his takedown defence, and ground game getting better and better, I wouldnt be suprised if he becomes the champion one day in the future.
              I`d love to see what a Rory or Condit vs Wonderboy fight would look like.
              Welterweight division is a murderer's row. Stacked AF. Robbie, Condit, Rory, Woodley, Thompson, Hendricks, Maia, Brown...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Hank View Post

Welterweight division is a murderer's row. Stacked AF. Robbie, Condit, Rory, Woodley, Thompson, Hendricks, Maia, Brown...
                I forgot Maia is a welter.

Is it just me or does Maia how some of the best takedown sucess in the UFC? Especially considering he doesnt really do that much wrestling.
                It seems to me like he has more sucess with his takedowns than a lot of wrestlers do. He just ties himself around you and doesnt let go.

Comment

R.I.P Kevin Randleman

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

At 44. Shame.

R.I.P

Comment

Chad Mendes out here getting thrashed recently lol

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Nate Diaz made McGregor stfu lol

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Which video? The trashtalk between them is priceless lol.
                              "My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                                Which video? The trashtalk between them is priceless lol.
                                The one where they're in some like fallout shelter or trailer or some shit.

He said, "I've been fighting grown ups for 10 years. You knocked out a few midgets and get all pumped." Lol

He was unfazed by Conor's trash talk and exposed Conor as an angry guy who's running low on material.

That being said, I don't favor Nate's chances lol

They really wanna make McGregor look badass. Feed him a full camped, well rounded opponent, Jesus. Feeding him cans and dudes barely top ten and dudes of 2 week camps until he gets to ktfo the champ...

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Nate Diaz is out of shape and fighting for a paycheck.

I'd be surprised if he won, though I believe he could stifle him with his pressure fighting, cardio, and ground game. Idk.

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Conor wins by unanimous decision.

Comment

They really wanna make McGregor look badass. Feed him a full camped, well rounded opponent, Jesus. Feeding him cans and dudes barely top ten and dudes of 2 week camps until he gets to ktfo the champ...
                                      Because he is a badass?
                                      No offense mate but thats an extremely ingorant comment.
                                      The man is 17:2 in the UFC, is a champion and KOed the previous champion who was a P4P King in 13 seconds...How is that not badass?

His first UFC fight was against Brimage who was on a 3 fight win streak, thats not easy for a first fight AT ALL.
                                      His second fight was against Max freaking Holloway who is an absolute beast.
                                      Third fight was a bit of a step back.
                                      4th fight against 5th ranked Poirer
                                      5th fight against Top 10 ranked Siver.
                                      6th fight Mendes...

The man had a tougher road towards the championship title than the vast majority if not all contenders. Frankie may be the only one who had a tougher road.
                                      As for short notice, McGregor spent the entire camp without even 1 day of wrestling preparation. He fought more or less on one leg, and Mendes started prepping a month before the fight, not 2 weeks.
                                      And it lasted 2 rounds. You dont need a full camp for 2 rounds, not to mention Mendes was always prepping for a striker considering he was either getting Aldo or McGregor, both strikers.

As for the fight itself, it was actually pretty impressive. His striking was top notch, his takedown defense wasnt on par, but his ground game was very good. He had his divisions best wrestler on top of him, and he constantly threw elbows from the bottom, and got up each time when Mendes gave him an inch of space. You are a wrestler, you must know thats impressive.

He then challenges a champion of a higher weigth division, a beast on a streak. RDA backs out, and Mcgregor accepts a fight against a bigger man at WELTERWEIGHT.
                                      So how is he not a badass? Puhlease...

As for the UFC hyping him and selling him, well ofcourse. On top of wining nearly all of his fights in KO and having an overall entertaining style, the man knows how to properly talk trash, he attends every press conference, every media event, every fan meeting and every little job the UFC can think of he does. Compare that to Aldo, Nate, Nick, RDA. Hell compare it to anyone...

Comment

Gimme a minute, z. This is a wall to break down.

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Originally posted by znjfl View Post
                                          Because he is a badass?
                                          No offense mate but thats an extremely ingorant comment.
                                          The man is 17:2 in the UFC, is a champion and KOed the previous champion who was a P4P King in 13 seconds...How is that not badass?
                                          Correction: He's 7-zip in the ufc, his only legitimate win being the admittedly badass ko of Aldo. He was losing to a 2 week trained Mendes, pretty handedly. Chad gassed in round 1 lol, after a fucking sprawl. Chad them goes on to get ktfo round 1 by Frankie, getting completely outclassed in every department. He's been tapped by scrubs.

His first UFC fight was against Brimage who was on a 3 fight win streak, thats not easy for a first fight AT ALL.
                                          His second fight was against Max freaking Holloway who is an absolute beast.
                                          Third fight was a bit of a step back.
                                          4th fight against 5th ranked Poirer
                                          5th fight against Top 10 ranked Siver.
                                          6th fight Mendes...
                                          Brimage is barely a gatekeeper, got cracked over and over- and I respect him.
                                          Max Holloway is a beast now? Poirer is a beast now? They're good, but there's a huge gap between the top FWs- Siver being in the top ten is a testament to this. Siver is a roided out, exposed, old as shit barely gatekeeper potential cheater.

We went over Mendes.

The man had a tougher road towards the championship title than the vast majority if not all contenders. Frankie may be the only one who had a tougher road.
                                          That's debatable.

As for short notice, McGregor spent the entire camp without even 1 day of wrestling preparation. He fought more or less on one leg, and Mendes started prepping a month before the fight, not 2 weeks.
                                          And it lasted 2 rounds. You dont need a full camp for 2 rounds, not to mention Mendes was always prepping for a striker considering he was either getting Aldo or McGregor, both strikers.
                                          He came in short notice and whipped a full camp McGregor, that's all there is to it. He won anyway, there's no need for damage control. He was losing the battle, but won the war. Still, he was getting exposed.

As for the fight itself, it was actually pretty impressive. His striking was top notch, his takedown defense wasnt on par, but his ground game was very good. He had his divisions best wrestler on top of him, and he constantly threw elbows from the bottom, and got up each time when Mendes gave him an inch of space. You are a wrestler, you must know thats impressive.
                                          His ground game wasn't stellar, Mendes wasn't smothering, his style incorporates GnP and he was postured up, susceptible to elbows.

He then challenges a champion of a higher weigth division, a beast on a streak. RDA backs out, and Mcgregor accepts a fight against a bigger man at WELTERWEIGHT.
                                          So how is he not a badass? Puhlease...
                                          Pretty badass, though not unheard of. He's also facing a guy who shouldn't even be a WW, but is out of shape and is an easy match up for him (Dana only sees $$$$, the trash talk would obviously be legendary), however, why not Cerrone? There's a list FULL of WWs and LWs gnawing at the bit to fight Conor.

As for the UFC hyping him and selling him, well ofcourse. On top of wining nearly all of his fights in KO and having an overall entertaining style, the man knows how to properly talk trash, he attends every press conference, every media event, every fan meeting and every little job the UFC can think of he does. Compare that to Aldo, Nate, Nick, RDA. Hell compare it to anyone...
                                          Yeah, yeah, we'll see fam. He's already been exposed, I'm by no means a naysayer because that'd be downright retarded; he's proven his mettle. The circumstances, however, have been pretty suspect...

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Working...
                                          X