No announcement yet.

The NBA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given baseball's fall from grace a decade or two ago and whatever the fuck is going on in pro football right now, seems that basketball is on the fast track to becoming America's most popular spectator sport. Pity this time had to come when bitch ass KD got carried to GOAT status.

Comment

Trouble in paradise for Golden state. Could be another Shaq-Kobe situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
        Given baseball's fall from grace a decade or two ago and whatever the fuck is going on in pro football right now, seems that basketball is on the fast track to becoming America's most popular spectator sport. Pity this time had to come when bitch ass KD got carried to GOAT status.
        Yessir, Basketball is pro players/fans
        KD is gonna go down as one of if not the most lethal scorer of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
          Yessir, Basketball is pro players/fans
          KD is gonna go down as one of if not the most lethal scorer of all time
          Probably, though it would honestly be Curry if he weren't so "small" (tfw 6'3" & 190 lbs is considered a manlet in the contemporary NBA). He also faces mad competition from Kobe and LeBron, not to mention people like Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, and Chamberlain if their exploits can be translated over to today's game.
          Last edited by Oneiros; November 18th, 2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Probably, though it would honestly be Curry if he weren't so "small" (tfw 6'3" & 190 lbs is considered a manlet in the contemporary NBA). He also faces mad competition from Kobe and LeBron, not to mention people like Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, and Chamberlain if their exploits can be translated over to today's game.
            Yeah Curry greatest shooter ever, but in terms of a players total offensive game it'll be Lebron(Passing, offball cuts, post, face up, shooting, transition drives) in the current NBA. KD is 6'11 who can dribble like a guard and is one of the best shooters, I think hes on track to be the NBA leader in points

Comment

Yeah Curry greatest shooter ever, but in terms of a players total offensive game it'll be Lebron(Passing, offball cuts, post, face up, shooting, transition drives) in the current NBA. KD is 6'11 who can dribble like a guard and is one of the best shooters, I think hes on track to be the NBA leader in points
              It's certainly possible given that KD still has 5-10 years left in him.

I would even argue that 'Bron isn't simply the best offensive player playing now but the greatest to ever play the sport in any given era. Aside from crusty ass Jordan and Johnsonheads spouting their regular BS, who can even be argued to be remotely comparable in terms of sheer versatility and well-roundedness? MAYBE Scottie Pips? Come on now.
              Last edited by Oneiros; November 20th, 2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Kobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  Kobe.
                  Being that you're a guest, I honestly expected to read something like Yao Ming, Larry Bird, or Shaq. This is a pleasant surprise. Not counting the ones I've already listed, Kobe and Hakeem Olajuwon are the only players I'd reasonably accept.
                  Last edited by Oneiros; November 20th, 2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

It's certainly possible given that KD still has 5-10 years left in him.

I would even argue that 'Bron isn't simply the best offensive player playing now but the greatest to ever play the sport in any given era. Aside from crusty ass Jordan and Johnsonheads spouting their regular BS, who can even be argued to be remotely comparable in terms of sheer versatility and well-roundedness? MAYBE Scottie Pips? Come on now.
                    As long as KD stays away from being injured he can be recognized as the greatest scorer and one of the greatest shooters off all time. Dude can be straight up unstoppable when hes locked in. I mean when he shoots his jumper the ball is like 11ft up at the apex of his release, and the dude can stop instantly for an elbow jumper like its nothing lmao.

But yeah sheer versatility? Has to be Lebron, dude is considered to be the greatest passer of all time by many, and hes top 5 in all time scoring despite having a pass first mentality lol. Dude is built like a tight end with speed. Can score in any manner
                    Last edited by Nerise; November 22nd, 2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

As long as KD stays away from being injured he can be recognized as the greatest scorer and one of the greatest shooters off all time. Dude can be straight up unstoppable when hes locked in. I mean when he shoots his jumper the ball is like 11ft up at the apex of his release, and the dude can stop instantly for an elbow jumper like its nothing lmao.

But yeah sheer versatility? Has to be Lebron, dude is considered to be the greatest passer of all time by many, and hes top 5 in all time scoring despite having a pass first mentality lol. Dude is built like a tight end with speed. Can score in any manner
                      Only opp he can't ever overcome is his own hairline. This shit more tragic than a Shakespearean play.

Comment

Only opp he can't ever overcome is his own hairline. This shit more tragic than a Shakespearean play.
                        very true, his hairline is about to get a backcourt violation.
                        But if he went to a decent organization he would've gotten at least 4-5 rings. The Cavs are one of the worst organizations of all time

Comment

very true, his hairline is about to get a backcourt violation.
                          But if he went to a decent organization he would've gotten at least 4-5 rings. The Cavs are one of the worst organizations of all time
                          Not only that, this is the era of superteams. The main reason people hate GSW is because they're reminiscent of the '57 Celtics... utterly dominating the competition. Whether or not LeBron is truly the GOAT is irrelevant against such a stacked team. Incidentally, some people are saying the Celts could topple the Warriors in 2020 or such lol.

Comment

Damn the Bucks blew Portland out of the water
                            My boi Giannis, so fun to watch man

Not only that, this is the era of superteams. The main reason people hate GSW is because they're reminiscent of the '57 Celtics... utterly dominating the competition. Whether or not LeBron is truly the GOAT is irrelevant against such a stacked team. Incidentally, some people are saying the Celts could topple the Warriors in 2020 or such lol.
                            Yeah these teams are loaded
                            His competition in the finals are unfair
                            Celtics are about to implode on themselves if they dont get it together and start moving some pieces while finding the right rotation. I say trade for AD
                            Last edited by Nerise; November 23rd, 2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I lilke how the Rockets, Jazz, Spurs, Pelicans, and T Wolves are out of the playoffs currently lmao.
                              And although im not a fan of Melo its unfortunate that he was the scapegoat for the rockets slump. IF the owner wasnt so fucking cheap he should have paid Ariza and Luc, so now they lost 2 defensive forwards and got a bunch of nobodies They lost their defensive coach while overpaying an injury prone past his prime 34 year old(4 YEARS?!) lmaoo. Now they got no depth, no defense, an MVP who is liable in the playoffs, injury prone state farm agent, and a textbook Big man......oh and Rookie of the Year winner Michael Carter Williams

Also Lebron got robbed of MVP since he took a lottery team to the finals.
                              Last edited by Nerise; December 9th, 2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I seriously thought the game was over when the Lakers shat the bed after LeBron's injury, and Curry started to sink 3s again, but Rondo stepped up.
                                I was waiting for this game since LeBron joined the Lakers, but I did not expect this at all. Warriors are a mess rn

Comment

how Giannis asked if Lebron was tampering when picking AD lolol

Comment

Fuck PG, he my nigga tho

Comment

GG Lakers, im disappointed in you guys

Comment

GG Lakers, im disappointed in you guys
                                        Tfw people tried to convince me Lebron was going to dominate the West like he did the East. And he is about to get another coach fired.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Tfw people tried to convince me Lebron was going to dominate the West like he did the East. And he is about to get another coach fired.
                                          I had Lakers 6th seed, idk about dominating the West
                                          Well his offensive schemes and rotations dont help keep his job
                                          Last edited by Nerise; March 5th, 2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X