No announcement yet.

Offical Football Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONMEBOL (and I guess UEFA, sporadically) are the only ones worth following. CONCACAF is boring, because there's only so many ways the MMNT can violate the others before it becomes repetitive and unsporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
      CONMEBOL (and I guess UEFA, sporadically) are the only ones worth following. CONCACAF is boring, because there's only so many ways the MMNT can violate the others before it becomes repetitive and unsporting.
      maybe so, but its my team man. you gotta rep the team, they're your boys. i mean, who knows, you imperialist dogs may actually be able to take one off us this year with the disarray El Tri is presently in

either way tho....i just want to see what an ex Barcelona manager can do. call me biased, but i think mehico has some untapped potential tbh

Comment

The only relevant game for the entire summer is tomorrow. I wonder if Brazil will choke again (fun fact: it will be on the same stadium where they lost 7-1 to Germany, and will also be a semifinal game)

Comment

>Chile and Peru somehow scrape their way past Colombia and Uruguay, respectively

Mateys, you wot.
          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; July 2nd, 2019, 02:50 AM.

Comment

>Chile and Peru somehow scrape their way past Colombia and Uruguay, respectively

Mateys, you wot.
            Strangely enough, Chile was actually the better team. It's Peru advancing that will remain a mystery. I guess that what happens when you have no extra time and go straight to penalties after a draw, weak teams will just park the bus and hope for a miracle in the penalties. Dumb rule.
            Last edited by Louay; July 2nd, 2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Funny that Argentina loses in the one game they actually played well. Football can be weird sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                Funny that Argentina loses in the one game they actually played well. Football can be weird sometimes.
                Nobody can match Brazil's offense, least of all Argentina, and it doesn't hurt that the Hollow Man/tap-in merchant was actually MotM.

Comment

Lmao what a bunch of fucking CHOKERS
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Nobody can match Brazil's offense, least of all Argentina, and it doesn't hurt that the Hollow Man/tap-in merchant was actually MotM.
                    Brazil's offense had three shots all game while the Argies hit the post twice, should've had 2 penalties, and at least choked two balls half a meter away from goal, 13 shots in total. It was a thorough chokejob but honestly Brazil's 2nd goal should not have stood and it should have been a penalty instead
                    Last edited by Louay; July 3rd, 2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Brazil's offense had three shots all game while the Argies hit the post twice, should've had 2 penalties, and at least choked two balls half a meter away from goal, 13 shots in total. It was a thorough chokejob but honestly Brazil's 2nd goal should not have stood and it should have been a penalty instead
                      "Offense" assumes Neymar is play(mak)ing... Between him, Coutinho, and Jesus, there isn't a single national team capable of outputting such raw offensive energy. At least not anymore... Even Messi and Ronaldo, while even better than Neymar individually, can't singlehandedly vie with N/C/J. Though, admittedly, Jesus is usually all but invisible on an international stage. Strange that he managed to do so well this one time, but I've seen stranger things.

Can't see the Tweet on my end, btw.
                      Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; July 3rd, 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

but I've seen stranger things.

It any good? Been trying to find new series to watch.

Comment

Didn't even know the womens WC was goin on LMAO
                          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

hold on

people unironically enjoy soccer

Comment

"Offense" assumes Neymar is play(mak)ing... Between him, Coutinho, and Jesus, there isn't a single national team capable of outputting such raw offensive energy. At least not anymore... Even Messi and Ronaldo, while even better than Neymar individually, can't singlehandedly vie with N/C/J. Though, admittedly, Jesus is usually all but invisible on an international stage. Strange that he managed to do so well this one time, but I've seen stranger things.

Can't see the Tweet on my end, btw.
                              I'll take Messi, Aguero, Dybala/Icardi (with a proper coach, that is) over them any day. Their offensive energy is also hardly that relevant in that context because as of the last 2-3 years they've adopted a more defensive style, relying on counters starting from the fullbacks, it's no surprise that Dani Alves at 36 is their MVP in this tournament. Save for times when they play a massively inferior team. Every time they've faced another counter-attacking team that let have the ball most of the game, they've struggled. They failed to score against Venezuela and 10-man Paraguay, and I still remember how even Belgium, who are more stacked offensively, pulled this strategy against them and decided not to play their usual offensive football in the quarters vs Brazil w/ Neymar, and it worked.

https://twitter.com/GustArballo/stat...47102948945923 maybe the link will work now

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
                                hold on

football*

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
                                  hold on

Hold on

Your people actually eat dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Hold on

Your people actually eat dogs?
                                    what makes them so great is that you can eat em for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get tired of it

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post

It any good? Been trying to find new series to watch.
                                    Sure, though I haven't seen past series one.

I'll take Messi, Aguero, Dybala/Icardi (with a proper coach, that is) over them any day. Their offensive energy is also hardly that relevant in that context because as of the last 2-3 years they've adopted a more defensive style, relying on counters starting from the fullbacks, it's no surprise that Dani Alves at 36 is their MVP in this tournament. Save for times when they play a massively inferior team. Every time they've faced another counter-attacking team that let have the ball most of the game, they've struggled. They failed to score against Venezuela and 10-man Paraguay, and I still remember how even Belgium, who are more stacked offensively, pulled this strategy against them and decided not to play their usual offensive football in the quarters vs Brazil w/ Neymar, and it worked.

https://twitter.com/GustArballo/stat...47102948945923 maybe the link will work now
                                    Actually, they probably adapted a "more" defensive style after Germany tore them several new ones in 2014. All that firepower and they were unable to capitalize because they had no real defense to speak of. In any case, the very fact that Belgium was forced to play defensively despite having an extremely potent offensive front in its own right (Hazard-De Bruyne-Lukaka) should be testament to how deadly Brazil's attack really is. And that was just a generic 4-3-3. They ran a 4-2-3-1 against Argentina, whose defense is nowhere near as stalwart as Belgium's to say the least. And it doesn't help that Scaloni chose to run a 4-1-2-1-2 instead of exploiting a Brazilian side sans Neymar by pushing Argentina's offense. Also not sure why he decided to play Acuna for an hour over the more dependable Di Maria, but aight.

I can see it now, yeah. Probably a bad call in retrospect, but letting it get to 2-0 or even 1-0 in the first place when you're starting Messi and Aguero against a Neymar-less Brazil is just sad, lol. All-around chokejob.
                                    Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; July 4th, 2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Anyone here plays Pro evolution soccer 2019 in PS4?

Comment

Sure, though I haven't seen past series one.

Actually, they probably adapted a "more" defensive style after Germany tore them several new ones in 2014. All that firepower and they were unable to capitalize because they had no real defense to speak of. In any case, the very fact that Belgium was forced to play defensively despite having an extremely potent offensive front in its own right (Hazard-De Bruyne-Lukaka) should be testament to how deadly Brazil's attack really is. And that was just a generic 4-3-3. They ran a 4-2-3-1 against Argentina, whose defense is nowhere near as stalwart as Belgium's to say the least. And it doesn't help that Scaloni chose to run a 4-1-2-1-2 instead of exploiting a Brazilian side sans Neymar by pushing Argentina's offense. Also not sure why he decided to play Acuna for an hour over the more dependable Di Maria, but aight.

I can see it now, yeah. Probably a bad call in retrospect, but letting it get to 2-0 or even 1-0 in the first place when you're starting Messi and Aguero against a Neymar-less Brazil is just sad, lol. All-around chokejob.
                                        Not really, the defensive style came after 2016 when they were knocked out of the groups in the Copa America, sacked their manager and appointed Tite, who turned Brazil that's famous for its offensive football and flair into a counter-attacking team. Belgium playing defensively wasn't because they feared their mighty forward trio, they actually used their own tactics against them: bait the other team out of their half and let your pacey wingers have a field day on the counter. That's literally what Brazil does against every competent team, and when other competitive teams pull that shit against them they always get exposed.
                                        Sure, they are extremely clinical and they can usually convert half-chances, but they are not the type of team to completely overwhelm the other side with their offensive pressure even if you're parking the bus like Spain's golden generation or Barcelona.

Di Maria is actually their worst player tho lol, completely useless this tournament, but yeah I agree I can't understand why he'd put Acuna in the starting XI at all, you have so many options on the bench like Dybala and Lo Celso and you decide to play some Liga NOS shitter?
                                        Scaloni (their coach) was a video analyst a year ago and not actually a coach, and this was his first managerial spell. They unironically overachieved considering the circumstances. They concede goals too easily and haven't had a decent defender since Garay in 2014, it's always playing catch-up for them after conceding an early goal.

Comment

Working...
                                        X