Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Go champion retires after declaring AI invincible

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...eepmind-defeat

So, he lost 4-1 to the 2016 version, which is pretty insane. But then Deepmind created AlphaGo Zero, which....dear god...lol. If you know about AlphaZero, then you know about how it's absolutely untouchable in chess even when facing the Stockfish engine. The Stockfish engine, bros. Do you have any idea how much of an impact that thing had on the chess meta? Grandmasters try and emulate its playstyle lol, and AlphaZero fukkin wrekt its shit, it didnt lose a single game out of 100.

And now, they have an AlphaZero for Go:

While the original AI learned to play Go by studying a dataset of more than 100,000 human games, AlphaGo Zero developed its skills by simply playing itself, over and over. After three days of self-play using hugely powerful computer systems that let it play games at superhuman speeds, AlphaGo Zero was able to defeat its predecessor 100 games to nil. DeepMind said at the time that AlphaGo Zero was likely the strongest Go player in history.

Jesus Christ, lmao.

We need to stop this shit you guys. Oh you all think its going to be fun and games, we're just going to get to focus on liberal arts or whatever and leave all the work and difficult problems to AI - NOPE. There is nothing mysterious or remarkable about art, take my word as a CREATOR-GOD. All that shit, all those songs and those artpieces that you think are super-awesome, they all follow formulae. Even the really weird stuff, even the fringe experimental shit that makes it a point to subvert expectations....because it's never just a bunch of random shit, yknow? There is always some semblance of a pattern in the most outlandish shit that you find enjoyable - MARK MY WORDS, these AI will find out all that shit and create artpieces and music and videogames and TV shows like you wouldn't believe. They will understand us better than we understand ourselves, and make us all obsolete because they will have become, in the words of Rob Zombie, More Human Than Human.

Originally posted by Helly View Post
    All that shit, all those songs and those artpieces that you think are super-awesome, they all follow formulae. Even the really weird stuff, even the fringe experimental shit that makes it a point to subvert expectations....because it's never just a bunch of random shit, yknow? There is always some semblance of a pattern in the most outlandish shit that you find enjoyable - MARK MY WORDS, these AI will find out all that shit and create artpieces and music and videogames and TV shows like you wouldn't believe.
    There's an anime on Netflix called Carole & Tuesday. Takes place on Mars in a world where AI basically creates all the art, especially music. The premise of the show is that the two title characters are singer-songwriters who are something special because they're the first humans in a long time to actually write and play their own songs. It's good stuff.

Comment

i want AI to crank out AAA games without 5+ years of development

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

There's an anime on Netflix called Carole & Tuesday. Takes place on Mars in a world where AI basically creates all the art, especially music. The premise of the show is that the two title characters are singer-songwriters who are something special because they're the first humans in a long time to actually write and play their own songs. It's good stuff.
        Sounds interesting lol, i will have to watch it some time. In practice, though, I think most people would unironically be thinking along Teal's line, tbh. there is just far too much a sleepless, fast-as-heck, immortal machine would be able to do over its human counterparts. and it doesn't need to feel to understand how to pull at our strings - sociopaths and psychopaths do that all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X