Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most stagnant field of tech you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the most stagnant field of tech you know?

Seeing as some of the fastest growing/developing fields include smartphones and other related or unrelated equipment, which fields are the ones that get the least updates to the devices in that category or don't have much progress to speak of in comparison to the aforementioned set of areas?

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post
    Seeing as some of the fastest growing/developing fields include smartphones and other related or unrelated equipment, which fields are the ones that get the least updates to the devices in that category or don't have much progress to speak of in comparison to the aforementioned set of areas?
    Cars, recently they're getting updated though and need computer diagnosis. If electrical cars get some important upgrades that will make them more appealing, I think they might get updates more often once they are popular.
    Originally posted by Helly;n542091
    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

What's the deal with printers? I'm pretty sure they've barely changed since the 80s.

Comment

space travel innit
        Cid get on that shit before we all die
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

depends what you consider technology. Musical instruments are pretty stagnent. If you're counting more consumer tech I'd say graphing calculators considering the TI-84 and 83 are still the most used, though thats more due to licensing deals

Comment

Government service

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post
              depends what you consider technology. Musical instruments are pretty stagnent. If you're counting more consumer tech I'd say graphing calculators considering the TI-84 and 83 are still the most used, though thats more due to licensing deals
              You have a good point there, in particular the electric variations of guitar and bass or any other such instrument (even the Keyboard) have been around for ages with not too many changes. Doesn't seem like there's much to change either.

Also anything you can think of counts beyond just consumer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                space travel innit
                Cid get on that shit before we all die
                The technology behind space exploration actually grows at a rapid clip. Maybe faster than most other industries. Only reason we haven't done a whole lot, insofar as human exploration, since the 70s is because there's not much reason to continue exploring the moon and Mars is depressingly far away. On average, about 200 times further than the moon.

Comment

Like Noodle said, most likely electric instruments. Nothing particularly exciting going on.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Cars, recently they're getting updated though and need computer diagnosis. If electrical cars get some important upgrades that will make them more appealing, I think they might get updates more often once they are popular.
                  Nürburgring lap records are constantly being topped due to newer and newer aero, tire, and engine tech, , Koenigsegg recently set a new 0-400-0 record, and Bugatti has footage of a Chiron prototype breaking the 300 MPH barrier, are you stupid?
                  Last edited by Helly; September 27th, 2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                    Like Noodle said, most likely electric instruments. Nothing particularly exciting going on.
                    They've pretty much peaked, and like some other things only their digital equivalents remain to be worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      What's the deal with printers? I'm pretty sure they've barely changed since the 80s.
                      Well printers, scanners, and photocopiers used to be separate devices, now you can have them all-in-one and with wireless connectivity.

Comment

Well printers, scanners, and photocopiers used to be separate devices, now you can have them all-in-one and with wireless connectivity.
                        Sure, but they still jam up all the time

Comment

Didn't we basically hit the peak for batteries?
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            Didn't we basically hit the peak for batteries?
                            Graphene batteries are being developed so I doubt that.

Comment

Graphene batteries are being developed so I doubt that.
                              Oh, cool. I remember hearing that batteries were the big roadblocks to several other branches of tech, but I guess hopefully that's outdated info.
                              Originally posted by Wade
                              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Sure, but they still jam up all the time
                                That is true, perhaps that never really was improved upon.

Comment

I'm tired of all these sexbots catering to the normy crowd

Where's my dragon autoblow? or hell a mecha themed sexbot, that shit prints money

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Nürburgring lap records are constantly being topped due to newer and newer aero, tire, and engine tech, , Koenigsegg recently set a new 0-400-0 record, and Bugatti has footage of a Chiron prototype breaking the 300 MPH barrier, are you stupid?
                                    Holyshit, what kind of idiot are you? First of all, musical instruments have changed dramatically over the course of a few decades. Music like language is a fundamental part of human culture. It is constantly changing because its always in use.

Second of all,

​Do you know what recently means? Not to mention the cars you named aren't for regular consumers. Of course you wouldn't know because you probably don't own a car and probably have never owned one before.

Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                                    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

Holyshit, what kind of idiot are you? First of all, musical instruments have changed dramatically over the course of a few decades. Music like language is a fundamental part of human culture. It is constantly changing because its always in use.
                                      No one cares about ancient history or what was going on half a century ago.

Second of all,

​Do you know what recently means? Not to mention the cars you named aren't for regular consumers. Of course you wouldn't know because you probably don't own a car and probably have never owned one before.
                                      The automobile industry has always been competitive, and Tech made it clear that anything counts and did not limit the scope to consumer products.

The fact that you're so ignorant, use freeware, pirate premium software, and are overall terrible with your time management makes it pretty clear that you're the one who has never owned a car beforeand are once again trying to project your failures on much smarter people. That window into your life keeps widening every day.....

How's your book and Youtube, by the way? Lmao

Comment

First of all, musical instruments have changed dramatically over the course of a few decades.
                                        Oh? Is that why concert musicians still use pianos, guitars, violins, and other stringed instruments from 60 or 70 years ago? Heck, Violins made several hundred years ago are among the best you can buy. Even drum sets are basically the exact same now as they were in the 50s. The only real change is the introduction of new electronic versions of instruments. But even then, a keyboard from the 80s is very similar to a keyboard produced in 2019. Hell, I also play a Trumpet and the one I have was made in 70s and it's basically identical to new ones. Musical instruments haven't changed much at all. My father collects guitars and drum sets. He's got some Gibson and Fenders from the 1950s and 1960s and they're virtually identical to their modern counterparts. I have an upright piano from the 60s that's pretty much identical to modern uprights.

Why do you keep spewing crap about stuff you have no understanding of? Like, I don't even dislike you the way Helly and Orgy do. But goddamn, the more BS I see you spew the less I like you. Don't go google something for 5 minutes and assume you're suddenly an expert. It's very annoying, you're wrong 90% of the time, and it basically destroys any credibility you may have had. It's a very good way to turn yourself into the site's punching bag.

Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                        X