Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan approves experiment bringing human-animal embryos to term.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan approves experiment bringing human-animal embryos to term.....

https://www.sciencealert.com/japan-j...yo-experiments

Yea, thats gonna be an omega yikes from me, lads

Moral and ethical aspects aside, successfully growing human organs in animals could be the single biggest scientific achievement of this century.

Comment

I can just hear the raspy breathing of neckbeards worldwide intensifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
        I can just hear the raspy breathing of neckbeards worldwide intensifying.
        ​​​​​​ 1200px-Neko_Wikipe-tan.svg.png
        Originally posted by Wade
        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

This is the future you chose
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
            Moral and ethical aspects aside, successfully growing human organs in animals could be the single biggest scientific achievement of this century.
            If Japan does this, Russia and China will resume hybrid experimentation. Russia allegedly did this with humans and monkeys in the 1950's, before DNA was actually discovered directly. This isn't too bad morally, we already use Pig valves to replace human heart valves, so imagine if you could raise a pig which had a heart and heart valves that was already a certain percent "human"? The human organ recipient would be less likely to reject the new organ. A pig will probably end up being the best subject animal to test. You could engineer kidneys and pancrease too. Imagine a kidney, liver, or pancrease transplant from a "partially human" pig subject? This would save countless human lives that existing techniques simply can't save.

This will have some peaceful uses in medicine, obviously...

...but I fear communist governments may attempt to engineer a super-human by having a 99% human DNA with 1% transgenic DNA, such as starfish DNA for regeneration or something like that. I mean "Captain America" is not totally unrealistic, Incredible Hulk is unrealistic, but doubling the physical capabilities of an average sized human is probably within realistic goals. I would actually be more interested if they came up with a way to double brain capacity, or creating a "Brain Trust" style biological super-computer from human brain DNA..

Edit:
            Like some of the recent "World's Strongest Men" Champions have not just been "big men". They had the classic "V" shaped upper body like a body builder, except their muscles aren't for show, they are geared to ultimate power lifting and other power feats. So imagine if you could engineer super-soldiers who could look like the classic "V" but had "World's Strongest Man" level strength and endurance?

I don't know though, a bullet from a high powered assault rifle probably still kills a super-soldier if it hits them in the torso, but maybe not.
            Last edited by Wade; August 29th, 2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Let's hope they find a way to make us reproduce asexually

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
                Let's hope they find a way to make us reproduce asexually
                We need less reproduction at this point.
                Originally posted by Wade
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Indians, Africans and Chinese only
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                    A bit of an overstatement me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Indians, Africans and Chinese only
                      Chinese birthrates are already low.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                        This is the future you chose
                        Damn right

can't wait for my half velvet worm, half rhinoceros waifu fully equipped with cloaca in each armpit and retractable horse dick

get in line or step aside kiddo

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Nah, we just need another plague or mass homicide at some point.

Comment

E2EB0D04-6173-480E-A648-521743E5E970.gif
                            Last edited by 40 acres; September 29th, 2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X