Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people get by doing stuff with only a phone these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people get by doing stuff with only a phone these days?

Genuine question. This even goes to the point where they're willing to pay $1k for it or something like that (quickly becoming a standard), when there's better, more powerful devices out there with the added benefit of superior storage and lasting longer. Especially to the point where they say that phones will replace PC's.
    They claim it's good for doing work, but I just don't see it considering the small screen size compared to both tablets and PC's. They say it's good enough for media & multitasking, but everything is limited to the displayed apps which will eventually run out of memory in the background whereas PC's don't have as much of an issue with either especially running multiple apps side by side.
    And this is to say
    I don't know if it's my usage cases that are too much since I have 2 PC's, one 64GB tablet, and a 64GB phone, or they just can't afford to spend money on a good Mac/PC (or perhaps not knowing where to look), but I just don't see how smartphones can ever realistically compare, no matter how high their storage or RAM may be.
    Anyway, would there be anyone here who agrees with that sentiment, because I certainly don't due to the aforementioned reasons.
    Last edited by TechTastic; April 17th, 2019, 10:45 AM.

Technology is a disease
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
      Technology is a disease
      Can't blame you for that belief, really, out of control addictions everywhere, from social media to just about any other distraction it may have.
      It's even true literally in some cases.

Comment

Working...
      X