Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thickest smartphone you'll ever see

And also has the largest battery on them till date:

...but still has a camera bump and no headphone jack.

You can't make this stuff up people, lel. This is what happens when a battery company makes a phone.
    Last edited by TechTastic; February 27th, 2019, 09:22 AM.

The design is ugly, but 18000 is 18000. I know at least a couple of friends who would love a phone with a battery like that.
    What are its other specs?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
      The design is ugly, but 18000 is 18000. I know at least a couple of friends who would love a phone with a battery like that.
      What are its other specs?
      No idea man, all I see here is battery.

Comment

I do await the day you can have a smartphone that last days, maybe even weeks even at full brightness and playing audio from the speakers. But the laws of thermodynamics just don't agree with that assessment

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
          I do await the day you can have a smartphone that last days, maybe even weeks even at full brightness and playing audio from the speakers. But the laws of thermodynamics just don't agree with that assessment
          Even more so since smartphones are a "do-it-all" device with compromise after compromise, where dedicated items will always deliver superior results depending on their quality.

Comment

Holy heck, that phone is something.

I wasn't even aware that Energizer made smartphones until today.

Horrid design and questionable choices aside, this is probably (an exaggerated version of) the future of smartphones. We've hit a point where screen resolution, RAM, and processor speed is about as good as it needs to be. Any further advances in those areas are basically superfluous and not necessary for the average consumer. So I imagine we'll begin seeing phones increase in thickness some in order to accommodate larger batteries, as that's really the biggest area they need improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
              Holy heck, that phone is something.

I wasn't even aware that Energizer made smartphones until today.

Horrid design and questionable choices aside, this is probably (an exaggerated version of) the future of smartphones. We've hit a point where screen resolution, RAM, and processor speed is about as good as it needs to be. Any further advances in those areas are basically superfluous and not necessary for the average consumer. So I imagine we'll begin seeing phones increase in thickness some in order to accommodate larger batteries, as that's really the biggest area they need improvement.
              Wasn't the trend up till now to make phones much thinner and smaller? Especially with Apple seeming to lead the charge on that front.

Also, there's still quite a lot that's missing on certain smartphones, as in some have them but others don't. There's also increasingly few options for those who want a smaller phone they can easily use single-handed with the specs of flagships since everyone wants a larger screen that reaches to all edges of the phone. And there's the factor of smooth software experience on Android that's free of bloat, lag, and other things as well as future software updates (since iOS has those aspects down due to being completely locked down by Apple). People who take photos and video like you for example may always be left wanting a little more with the camera, especially when displaying it on anything other than a phone.
              So while battery life is probably the most important area of focus and improvement, I still think there's many things even the modern smartphone hasn't fully got right across the board.

Comment

Oh!

What a brick of gold we have here!

To think that I'd lay eyes on the phone of my dreams.

A true masterpiece, if you ask me. ^_^

Comment

While this is extreme im very down for thicker smartphones. Bigger battery and a more robust built quality is much preferred over something thin. Now if only we can shrink screen size down

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post
                    Now if only we can shrink screen size down
                    Ikr, the whole market is obsessed to no end about stretching the screen size all the way to the edges (to the point where we get monstrosities like notches and camera holes) and I just can't understand it. It's an impediment to things like one-handed usability (where the keyboard or virtual button is too low and the notification bar is too high for one), as well as the durability of the device. Everyone in every review site and YT comment section I've seen is way too caught up in this to remember that no one even asked for it until companies began the whole trend of extending the screen and shrinking bezels.

Comment

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post

Ikr, the whole market is obsessed to no end about stretching the screen size all the way to the edges (to the point where we get monstrosities like notches and camera holes) and I just can't understand it. It's an impediment to things like one-handed usability (where the keyboard or virtual button is too low and the notification bar is too high for one), as well as the durability of the device. Everyone in every review site and YT comment section I've seen is way too caught up in this to remember that no one even asked for it until companies began the whole trend of extending the screen and shrinking bezels.
                      My first phone was an iPhone 4 with a 3.5 inch screen and while thats smaller than I'd like to use now I still had no issue typing on it at all. Its weird how when i search for small smartphones now i get phones at 5 inches.

Comment

smh, you people and your baby hands.

My S8+ has a 6.2 inch screen. I'd be pretty ok with an 7 inch one. Got no issue reaching the top and bottom with one hand.

Just get bigger, pleabs.

Comment

My first phone was an iPhone 4 with a 3.5 inch screen and while thats smaller than I'd like to use now I still had no issue typing on it at all. Its weird how when i search for small smartphones now i get phones at 5 inches.
                          Exactly, everyone just wants large screens now without having to go for a tablet, and it even drives people to defend the gimmick that is foldable phones. It's crazy what the industry is right now, and ironically it wasn't even Apple that drove the obsession with screen size initially, it was the likes of Samsung (with their note series and with the S8).

Comment

My S8+ has a 6.2 inch screen. I'd be pretty ok with an 7 inch one. Got no issue reaching the top and bottom with one hand.

Just get bigger, pleabs.
                            B-but I'm 6-2 and everyone says I have big hands...

Comment

B-but I'm 6-2 and everyone says I have big hands...
                              I'm 6'4 and can cover an octave and a half on a piano with one hand. lol.

Comment

Actually this is the thiccest phone

Comment

I got the Blackview BV9500 a few months back, it's this size, has a 10,000 mAh which is about 3 days worth of battery life for me. It's durable. About half the size of the phone posted on OP, but let me tell you, the weight of the phone is a little uncomfortable after a while if you're only using one hand to hold it. Can't imagine holding that brick for 10 minutes.

Comment

Just get bigger, pleabs.
                                    its less of the one handed thing and more of me not wanting or needing a giant screen in my pocket. I have a tablet and a laptop I don't want or need a screen above 5 inches for listening to music, texting and taking photos

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
                                      Actually this is the thiccest phone

The OP says "smartphone" though.

its less of the one handed thing and more of me not wanting or needing a giant screen in my pocket. I have a tablet and a laptop I don't want or need a screen above 5 inches for listening to music, texting and taking photos
                                      That too, keeping it in pockets is something most people do. And it's getting too big for even that.

Comment

The OP says "smartphone" though.
                                        The way she dresses alone says she's plenty smart, she probably has a job in sales or management

Comment

Working...
                                        X