Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and climate change deniers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you’re antivax and you see me making fun of antivax people, I just want to say I’m talking about you personally and I hope you’re offended because you’re fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Like I said dude. I've probably spent dozens of hours in over a hundred conversations with over a hundred different people. Never had somebody change their mind. Never.

Maybe it's the people I talk with. They're all republicans. But then again, most climate change deniers in the US are republican.

-edit-

Actually, I've had one person change their mind. Post-Crisis Shob was skeptical a few years ago and he and I discussed it in a topic here on T5. But Shob is also not a typical person.
      I truthfully still have my doubts about a lot of the claims out there on anthroptocentric climate change vs. natural climate change. But I accept people with way more expertise than me have reached the conclusions they’ve reached, and that its more proper for me to defer to their expertise than to pretend I know more than they do. I also think most of the remedies they’re pitching (i.e. clean air and water standards, protection of threatened ecosystems from industrial encroachment, moving away from fossil fuels + developing newer, cleaner energy sources) are good policy and stuff we should be doing anyway, so w/e.
      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; February 23rd, 2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

^^^And I can understand why reasonable people get confused on that one. But the antivaxxer thing—that’s literally just Hey stupid. Give your kids modern medicine and don’t spread preventable diseases.
        Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; February 23rd, 2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
          If you’re antivax and you see me making fun of antivax people, I just want to say I’m talking about you personally and I hope you’re offended because you’re fucking stupid.
          Best thing posted in this topic, honestly.

I truthfully still have my doubts about a lot of the claims out there on anthroptocentric climate change vs. natural climate change. But I accept people with way more expertise than me have reached the conclusions they’ve reached, and that its more proper for me to defer to their expertise than to pretend I know more than they do. I also think most of the remedies they’re pitching (i.e. clean air and water standards, protection of threatened ecosystems from industrial encroachment, moving away from fossil fuels + developing newer, cleaner energy sources) are good policy and stuff we should be doing anyway, so w/e.
          Yeah, not having people drink lead and breath in cancer causing agents is kind of a no brainier, isn't it? Yet here we are in 2019 with Flint still an issue (in Flint and across the nation) and coal being pushed as ''clean" by our president. Go figure.

Comment

That beautiful, clean coal.

Comment

Why does he KEEP saying clean coal? That's the most oxymoronic thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                Why does he KEEP saying clean coal?
                So that conservatives that are smart enough to think climate change is problematic, but still dumb enough to be republicans, don't rally against the fossil fuel industry.

Comment

Why does he KEEP saying clean coal?
                  trump's pretty into 90s rap lingo

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
                  Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Comment

I truthfully still have my doubts about a lot of the claims out there on anthroptocentric climate change vs. natural climate change.
                    then ur a retard lmao
                    Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post

then ur a retard lmao
                      stfu lol ur people (orientals) made up global warming to oppress their american betters

Comment

Ah, Global Warming, the great Chinese hoax to make American manufacturing non-competitive.

Comment

Climate Change Deniers I can at least kind of see the point, since you can't physically see what's wrong ( It's still dumb as hell to be a CC denier, but still)

But I don't see how you can deny vaccines or say the earth is flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
                            Climate Change Deniers I can at least kind of see the point, since you can't physically see what's wrong ( It's still dumb as hell to be a CC denier, but still)

But I don't see how you can deny vaccines or say the earth is flat.
                            The only one I can even remotely understand is Flat earth.

Flat earth is hilariously stupid, but goddamn do those crazies do their damndest to scientifically explain why they believe in it. If you're not particularly educated, I can see it being relatively easy to fall into that conspiracy hole and get fooled by their pseudoscience. And hell, it's incredibly memeable. I doubt more than half of self-proclaimed flat earthers actually believe it.

It's the other two, that have absolutely no basis in science or logic, that I can't comprehend.

Comment

None of them are even remotely as bad as the "video games aren't bad for you" crowd

You can't even suggest the FACT that video games cause aggression, poor hygiene, health and social behavior and instill and normalize a detachment from reality without thousands of turbo nerd virgins literally getting upset.

Comment

Why does he KEEP saying clean coal? That's the most oxymoronic thing I've ever heard.

The memes are just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                                  I mean, the first half of this is just true, and will continue to be relevant until we experience a revolution in energy storage technology. But the solution is nuclear, not coal, which is why anti-nuclear liberals are the worst meme in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post
                                    But the solution is nuclear, not coal, which is why anti-nuclear liberals are the worst meme in politics.
                                    You see? We can agree on something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You see? We can agree on something.
                                      Don't see why we couldn't

Comment

turns out that most anti-vacciners are orthodox Jews and Menonites. Although there are a lot of "Christians" who oppose vaccines too.

They are all stupid, ignorant, fools whose kids should be taken away and raised by the government.

Comment

-spam removed-
                                          Last edited by Cid; February 24th, 2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Cid
                                            Cid commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            This has nothing to do with the topic. Don't spam.
                                        Working...
                                        X