Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and climate change deniers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yu View Post

Of course Cid.

I'm always right.

Even when I'm not right.
    I agree. Unless you disagree with me, then you're wrong.

Comment

that 83 guy or whatever the hell his name is
      ......Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I agree. Unless you disagree with me, then you're wrong.
        But what if I neither Agree nor Disagree?

Comment

But what if I neither Agree nor Disagree?
          Then you exist in a factually gray area that I like to call "the internet." Thinking about trademarking it.

Comment

Then you exist in a factually gray area that I like to call "the internet." Thinking about trademarking it.
            I'll trade you that TM for a coupon to Waffle House and 1 for Chipotle
            Last edited by Yu; February 17th, 2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Cid
              Cid commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah fam, I'm good.

• Yu
              Yu commented
              Editing a comment
              What if I threw in an Ihop Coupon?

How many people here have read actual scientific studies on vaccines? How about climate change and the relevant literature?

Do you guys actually know what you're talking about or do you go on I Fucking Love Science on Facebook, parrot what they say and base your entire thinking on that? I truly wonder.
            Last edited by King Solomon; February 18th, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
              How many people here have read actual scientific studies on vaccines? How about climate change and the relevant literature?

Do you guys actually know what you're talking about or do you go on I Fucking Love Science on Facebook, parrot what they say and base your entire thinking on that? I truly wonder.
              ...Do we really need to read up on vaccines to laugh about people thinking they cause autism? People that think a genetic mutation can be caused by injecting a dead measles virus into your blood?

Should we also cite our sources every time we say the world is round?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

...Do we really need to read up on vaccines to laugh about people thinking they cause autism? People that think a genetic mutation can be caused by injecting a dead measles virus into your blood?

Should we also cite our sources every time we say the world is round?
                So you have no idea what you're talking about, and still type entire paragraphs on a topic you have no clue about. Good to know.

Comment

You'll be happy to know I do, mate.

Comment

So you have no idea what you're talking about, and still type entire paragraphs on a topic you have no clue about. Good to know.
                    That's a fair stance to take on complex political issues with a lot of nuance. People should know what they're talking about. That's why I don't speak on climate change, personally.

That said, you don't need to have a peer-reviewed scientific essay on hand to justify every belief you hold. For example, you only need a basic understanding of what vaccines and autism are to know that it's literally impossible for the former to cause the latter. There is no room for argument, no technology on this planet can change your chromosomes after you're born, it's absurd.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself when someone says something you don't like but can't actually argue against, sure. Be mad that we didn't research what's common knowledge by now.

Comment

You'll be happy to know I do, mate.
                      Yeah I figured.

Comment

Uhh... it was Facebook that was peddling fake news about vaccines and other stuff which forced Facebook to start cracking down it. Like Orgy said, there's no need to read them if you know how vaccines work and what is autism and how it works.

As for Climate change, all climate scientists agree it is happening. People who's job it is study the climate and predict how it'll behave all agree it is happening. Do we really need anymore proof than that? It is like if your mechanic told you that your car is broken but you go ask a doctor, a walmart clerk and a real estate agent to double check just to be sure. Like what the hell do any of those people's opinion matter?

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                          OrganizationXV commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Solomon there was bashing people that just listening to Facebook posts, because he assumes that's us. You're arguing the same point.

~Snip~

Hurling insults and refusing to even permit a healthy, cordial dialogue aimed to reconcile the division- that has hurt our Nation/Country, through sound, rational arguments is not the proper nor educated way of resolving differences in thoughts-ideas-perspectives-opinions.

We must address all worldviews-perspectives-thoughts-opinions with civility, and extend an olive branch to the people that are misguided or lost.

You're allowing your emotions get the best out of you, and blinding you from the right path, Cid.

If we're going to make a genuine effort to get our larger community- our Nation/Country, together and united as one, then its crucial that we get everyone to participate in the dialogue and listen to their voices.

You don't have to share their worldview nor opinions; however, you must understand that their voice are just as important as your own, Cid.

They're just as human as you are- filled with faults and biases; thusly, their voices should be heard and not silenced by crude, childish antics.

Coherent rational arguments made in goodwill will bring people the unity that our Nation needs; rational arguments made in spite will only push you away from the table, and create even more division than any unity that you envision.

I'm not an Anti-Vaccinator; however, I understand that there's some people that are Anti-Vaccines.

I understand that approaching them in hatred and ill-will can only push them further into their own biases, so my approach must be amicable and sincere.

If we're all going to have an open and engaging dialogue with rational arguments, then all voices must be represented.
                        Everyone in this thread is for vaccination, so I'll gladly present the opinions-thoughts that Anti-Vaccinators share amongst themselves.
                        The discussions in this thread should serve as a microcosm of the larger world, and your approach simply doesn't translate well into the Internet and it won't translate so well in public with the Nation at stake.

Its truly that simple, Cid.
                        If you truly find it that unbearable to have a cordial conversation with another human being that doesn't share your opinion-thoughts-worldviews, then just take a breather and come back when you're ready.

You'll catch more friends, if you attract them with honey and not vinegar, Cid. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post
                          you must understand that their voice are just as important as your own, Cid.
                          No, I don't.

If a person thinks vaccines cause autism, thinks the Earth is flat, or doesn't think climate change is happening and is a clear and present threat to humanity then their opinions are trash. Their voice isn't important at all, much less anywhere near as important as an informed voice like my own. Their opinions are fueled by fiction and in no way are relevant to anybody except for themselves and the echo-chambers they reside in.

You'll catch more friends, if you attract them with honey and not vinegar, Cid. ^_^
                          Yeah, I don't want ignorant friends.

Comment

Hurling insults and refusing to even permit a healthy, cordial dialogue aimed to reconcile the division- that has hurt our Nation/Country, through sound, rational arguments is not the proper nor educated way of resolving differences in thoughts-ideas-perspectives-opinions.
                            Huh? Are you saying... sound and rational arguments are not the way to resolves differences?? LOL... then how else do you even resolve them? How else can you flat out state "Hey this is wrong, you are wrong in this belief."

Talk about snowflake behavior!

"I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt other people's feelings by disagreeing with them with actual facts and would rather let them live in their fantasy world. " <-- that's what your implying.

We must address all worldviews-perspectives-thoughts-opinions with civility, and extend an olive branch to the people that are misguided or lost.
                            That is usually the norm. However there is no civil or rational dialog. All opinions and thoughts are not created equal. Some are just lesser, poorly constructed and sometimes out right stupid. There is nothing wrong with having ideas or opinions that aren't well constructed or informed. It is the process of created better ideas.

When opinions are supported by facts they become truth. Anti-vaxxers arguing about vaccines causing autism is like saying the sky is green and staring at it causes eye cancer. The sky is blue and looking at clouds do not give you eye cancer. These are facts. These facts are truths, that well can collective agree are real and concrete. Unless someone presents some outstanding evidence that the sky is green and causes eye cancer, we are safe to assume that it is blue and doesn't.

This is the problem with anti-vaxxers. They have no outstanding evidence to support their claims. There have been scientific studies already done to see if their claims are true and they are not. Yet they reason it away and don't believe the evidence while providing none of their own beyond conjecture. At this point you can't convince them otherwise.

If you can point to me a path to convince them otherwise through words alone then I'll concede to fact that we are being too harsh and should give people of all opinions no matter how retarded a voice. Otherwise if we can't convince them to change their minds then it is a waste of time to hear their voice.

If we're going to make a genuine effort to get our larger community- our Nation/Country, together and united as one, then its crucial that we get everyone to participate in the dialogue and listen to their voices.
                            We have to make an effort but they don't?

You don't have to share their worldview nor opinions; however, you must understand that their voice are just as important as your own, Cid.

They're just as human as you are- filled with faults and biases; thusly, their voices should be heard and not silenced by crude, childish antics.
                            Facts are not biases.

I understand that approaching them in hatred and ill-will can only push them further into their own biases, so my approach must be amicable and sincere.
                            There's been no hate. Just a plain flat out statement "You are wrong. Vaccines work as intended with no side effects." Very simple, very easy to understand. If they feel offended or oppressed that's their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                              There's been no hate. Just a plain flat out statement "You are wrong. Vaccines work as intended with no side effects." Very simple, very easy to understand. If they feel offended or oppressed that's their problem.
                              Pretty sure I called her a "fucking idiot" because she was defending the anti-vaxxers, to be fair. I stand by that sentiment, though it's not hate. It was a fact. Anybody defending that shit is a fucking idiot.

Comment

• Kajin_Style
                                Kajin_Style commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Oh... lol.

~Snip~
                              At the end of the day, your approach is undoubtedly wrong, Cid

An educated individual- whose worth their salt, would inform you that your arguments should not be tarred in base insults as that only derides any point that you make, even if its completely valid and agreeable.

You don't know how to conduct yourself properly in a discussion or argument- you're proving my point every single time with the manner that you carry yourself when you're confronted with an opinion that is not to your liking, and its a true shame that you haven't matured into a seasoned adult at your age.

I'd advise you to take pointers from Phob, Chibi, or Helly- for that matter, and emulate their exemplary conduct for your own sake.

You're T5Forum's Webmaster; yet, you behave in such unsightly ways, and being intentionally spiteful and antagonistic toward anyone that differs in opinion-thought from you is unproductive and childish.

I thought that Phob already went over with you the conduct that you should be exemplifying, but I suppose that I was the only one taking to heart his kind words.

That being said, I'll leave it at that as I don't have anything else to say to you, for the moment.

Take the time to reflect on your conduct, and improve yourself step-by-step as I just know that you can do it. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

~Snip~
                                You're most definitely not understanding the point, K_S.

Principle and civility must not be lost to childish antics and immodest conduct unbefitting to ourselves that were raised better to fall so low.

If we genuinely value our education and moral foundations, we should carry ourselves exemplarily and with pride toward our conduct.

I'm not going to debase myself through base means, and I'll approach the issue with cordially- with the understanding that people can be informed and then form healthy conscious decisions.

Unlike Cid, I'm won't allow inner, unresolved complexes-issues rob me of the bigger scenery/image- the necessity to gave an educated dialogue with all voices that form our Nation/Country/Society.

Everyone has a voice in our Nation, even if we wish they lacked it; thusly, its crucial to understand their position, and offer our perspectives-opinions-thoughts with an olive branch in our hand.

Approach is everything, K_S.

Approaching misguided, misinformed individuals with venom and hatred will net no positive progression into resolving the cultural-ideological divide within our society.
                                That will only give life to even more resentment and hatred- that hatred will embed itself to the roots of our society, and that will bring forth larger issues for the long-term state of our Nation.

If you can't force the horse over the mountain, then you should make the efforts to convince the horse to explore the mountain on its own terms.
                                In other words, as the principled and educated individuals that we are, we should make the conscientious effort to extend the olive branch first, and allow these misguided citizens to question their own arguments and beliefs.

That's the proper manner in which we should be conducting ourselves as that's how we should have all been raised by our parents, and mentors. ^_^

Comment

At the end of the day, your approach is undoubtedly wrong, Cid

An educated individual- whose worth their salt, would inform you that your arguments should not be tarred in base insults as that only derides any point that you make, even if its completely valid and agreeable.

You don't know how to conduct yourself properly in a discussion or argument- you're proving my point every single time with the manner that you carry yourself when you're confronted with an opinion that is not to your liking, and its a true shame that you haven't matured into a seasoned adult at your age.

I'd advise you to take pointers from Phob, Chibi, or Helly- for that matter, and emulate their exemplary conduct for your own sake.

You're T5Forum's Webmaster; yet, you behave in such unsightly ways, and being intentionally spiteful and antagonistic toward anyone that differs in opinion-thought from you is unproductive and childish.

I thought that Phob already went over with you the conduct that you should be exemplifying, but I suppose that I was the only one taking to heart his kind words.

That being said, I'll leave it at that as I don't have anything else to say to you, for the moment.

Take the time to reflect on your conduct, and improve yourself step-by-step as I just know that you can do it. ^_^
                                  For the record, Mana. I don't always insult people and act with hostility towards them. In fact, it's actually pretty rare if the other person is being civil towards me.

However, you deserved my hostility because you essentially said that it's within a parent's right to endanger my child if they wanted to. So my hostility towards you is not only well-deserved but completely warranted. And not only that, you began it by being completely passive-aggressive when you dismissed my initial post in this topic without even replying to it and instead mentioning me and my ideals in a reply to Orgy instead.

And even further than that, I didn't even insult you until my second reply to you and after you insulted me. So you've got nobody but yourself to blame for me being hostile towards you.

As far as Phob and I are concerned, I respect Phob but his opinion isn't the be-all end-all opinion and he was absolutely wrong in attempting to tell me that my hostility towards you was unwarranted. He likes you. I do don't. So of course he'll try to keep me from being rude and driving you off the website. I hold no such reservations and couldn't care one way or another if you were here or not.

Comment

You're most definitely not understanding the point, K_S.

Principle and civility must not be lost to childish antics and immodest conduct unbefitting to ourselves that were raised better to fall so low.

If we genuinely value our education and moral foundations, we should carry ourselves exemplarily and with pride toward our conduct.
                                    That sounds like a lot of snowflakey bullshit. Sorry, were you here the past 2 years? Where rude and cruel remarks were the norm towards others of liberal opinions and ideals? You yourself was among those in this very site. So don't come tell me to be nice and civil when that is the least I get from anyone defending conservative ideas.

I'm not going to debase myself through base means, and I'll approach the issue with cordially- with the understanding that people can be informed and then form healthy conscious decisions.

Unlike Cid, I'm won't allow inner, unresolved complexes-issues rob me of the bigger scenery/image- the necessity to gave an educated dialogue with all voices that form our Nation/Country/Society.

Everyone has a voice in our Nation, even if we wish they lacked it; thusly, its crucial to understand their position, and offer our perspectives-opinions-thoughts with an olive branch in our hand.
                                    Oh I'm not trying to silence anyone's voice. I am just saying their opinion on this topic is flat out wrong. There is no discussion. There is no debating. This isn't a thread about the existence of God or mole people. This is about vaccines and whether they work or not. There's no option C in the debate. They either do or don't and the science had proven they work.

Approach is everything, K_S.

Approaching misguided, misinformed individuals with venom and hatred will net no positive progression into resolving the cultural-ideological divide within our society.
                                    That will only give life to even more resentment and hatred- that hatred will embed itself to the roots of our society, and that will bring forth larger issues for the long-term state of our Nation.
                                    Tell that to the conservatives.

If you can't force the horse over the mountain, then you should make the efforts to convince the horse to explore the mountain on its own terms.
                                    In other words, as the principled and educated individuals that we are, we should make the conscientious effort to extend the olive branch first, and allow these misguided citizens to question their own arguments and beliefs.
                                    Sure you can. Shove it in a trunk and drive it over the mountain. Easy. Pass laws that said anti-vaxxers must follow or be fined and jailed. That solves this nonsense real quick.

Comment

Working...
                                    X