Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What PC's do you use and what's the (relevant) specs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What PC's do you use and what's the (relevant) specs?

Do you use a desktop, a laptop, or a macbook?

How many (or rather, what kinds of) ports does it have?

How many gigs of RAM does it come loaded with? How fast does it operate for you?

What's the hard drive space? Is it the old HDD, an SSD, or a hybrid of both?

I have a surface book 2, which is a hybrid of a laptop and table. Has around 237 Gigs, but I bought a 8 terabyte external hard drive plus another 5 terabyte EHD. It has 2 USB ports, the rest I don't know what they are for. A decent computer, hasn't failed me yet.

Comment

i built my first pc last summer was using a inspiron dell laptop before that

Comment

Originally posted by Crismon View Post
        i built my first pc last summer was using a inspiron dell laptop before that
        Specs? How much did the parts cost in total?

Comment

A PC, soon to be 3 years old.

i5 6600
          Strix 980Ti
          16GB HyperX RAM
          Asus Hero Maximus VIII motherboard
          Corsair RM750x PSU
          Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower
          1TB Western Digital HDD, 1TB EXT HDD, 128GB HyperX SSD, 240GB Sandisk SSD
          Arctic Freezer Extreme CPU cooler

Comment

Built my PC over the holiday. Went for affordability over all. Sales helped.

Found a cool green tower to fit it all in, too.

MSI-X370 Gaming Plus motherboard
            AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad Core
            GTX Geforce 1060 3GB GPU that was a gift
            16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM
            200GB SSD (gift, not sure the brand or anything), 650GB western book external drive (had it for a decade), and a 1TB WD Blue harddrive (that I ripped from an old PC I had)
            Elgato HD60 Pro capture card
            Also ripped a CD/DVD drive from that old PC. My tower has a slot for a second one, so I might add a Blu-Ray drive later on... Idk.

Whatever ports are on those pieces lol

I'm sure I'll double the RAM eventually, but I already upgraded from the 4GB I had when I first bought it. I'm sure I'll also upgrade a lot of the other pieces, or add secondary ones later on.
            My next purchase needs to be another monitor... but I'm honestly fine with finding a compatible one at Goodwill if I can xD
            My current one is a Sceptre 24 inch curved model I got over black Friday for cheap. I have it connected through a DV-I port on my laptop to an HDMI port on my monitor. If I could find a monitor with HDMI and VGI connection like this one, I could connect this AND my TV to the mix (so that I stop having to unplug my SNES classic to move my PC feed to my TV when my wife and I watch our shows)

I use it for gaming, movies, and streaming, so I have a cheap camera, a decent cheap mic with a nice arm, a Redragon gaming mouse, and an Azio keyboard.

I also have 2 2GB RAM sticks and an old ass GPU in my closet that I don't know what I'm going to do with xD
            Last edited by Culpa the Moth Mage; January 23rd, 2019, 06:48 AM.
            Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1133-0048-8436 (MMCulpaTTV)
            Don't forget to check out MothMageCulpa's Twitch Channel! - Join the Swarm today and Follow, subscribe, or donate!
            PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 25. Platinums: 75 - Check me out on Twitch to see what I'm currently playing!

Comment

Originally posted by znjfl View Post
              A PC, soon to be 3 years old.

i5 6600
              Strix 980Ti
              16GB HyperX RAM
              Asus Hero Maximus VIII motherboard
              Corsair RM750x PSU
              Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower
              1TB Western Digital HDD, 1TB EXT HDD, 128GB HyperX SSD, 240GB Sandisk SSD
              Arctic Freezer Extreme CPU cooler
              That really sounds heavy duty. How well has it held up so far?

Comment

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post

That really sounds heavy duty. How well has it held up so far?
                Oh its working perfectly.
                Got it hooked up to a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz GSync monitor and its working beautifully.

The only issue I have is I was a bit careless while cleaning my PC with a pretty powerful air compressor, and I spun the shit out of my graphics cards fans. Now the bearings on the middle fan are kinda fucked and its making all sorts of annoying noises.

Comment

Originally posted by znjfl View Post

Oh its working perfectly.
                  Got it hooked up to a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz GSync monitor and its working beautifully.

The only issue I have is I was a bit careless while cleaning my PC with a pretty powerful air compressor, and I spun the shit out of my graphics cards fans. Now the bearings on the middle fan are kinda fucked and its making all sorts of annoying noises.
                  Cool, how does Quad HD work on it though, does that render certain apps hard to view due to lack of optimization?

Would a warranty happen to cover that or is it already void/expired?

Comment

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post

Cool, how does Quad HD work on it though, does that render certain apps hard to view due to lack of optimization?

Would a warranty happen to cover that or is it already void/expired?
                    Havent noticed any issues with the resolution. Pretty much everything supports QHD
                    Warranty would probably cover it, but I just keep delaying it because it still works as it should. The temps are unchanged and performance isnt suffering. The sound is just annoying.

Comment

Game streaming is the future

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                        Game streaming is the future
                        But surely that's not the only thing you use a PC for, is it?

Comment

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...
                          • Intel Core i5-6400 3.2 GHz
                          • 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
                          • 6 MB L3 Cache
                          • 8 GB DDR3L 1600
                          • 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM
                          • Ultra Slim-tray SuperMulti DVD Burner
                          • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
                          • Gigabit Ethernet
                          • 500W
                          • Windows 10 Home

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

That looks fine but also too flashy as well. Could use an SSD or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X