What do you dislike about airplanes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTastic
    started a topic What do you dislike about airplanes?

What do you dislike about airplanes?

And what would you change about them if you could?

For me, it's cramped seats in certain portions of the plane which can be a problem if you have lots of things around you. Also with regards to the seats themselves at times, as well as the overhead lockers.
    Last edited by TechTastic; December 29th, 2018, 04:03 PM.

• #83.6666666667
    commented on 's reply
    That's what the gun is for.

• TechTastic
    replied
    Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Also make sure you scream "Allah Akbar", that's basically going to tell everyone in the plane to make sure they don't have papers out because there might be a slight breeze when you open the door. And we don't want them to lose their papers now do we?
    Anyone with noise-cancelling headphones may not hear that :p

Leave a comment:

• Killer Loli Illya-Chan
    replied
    They are too Plain.

•¿•

If the made them look like anime characters, then I would not mind.

Leave a comment:

• Pocket Rocket
    replied

Also make sure you scream "Allah Akbar", that's basically going to tell everyone in the plane to make sure they don't have papers out because there might be a slight breeze when you open the door. And we don't want them to lose their papers now do we?
    True. Good thinking.

Leave a comment:

• #83.6666666667
    replied
    Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
    I'll keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Pocket Rocket
    replied

Because you can't open windows on airplanes, duh. They're basically sealed shut, what you need to do is open the door.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• #83.6666666667
    replied
    Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
    When you need to throw some garbage away real quick but they won't let you open the window.
    Because you can't open windows on airplanes, duh. They're basically sealed shut, what you need to do is open the door.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• TechTastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
    smells pretty bad, a few dollars for some air fresheners could go a long way
    Which is funny because flight tickets as well as seats tend to be $1K or even double that a lot of the time, especially for connection flights.

Leave a comment:

• King Solomon
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

To be fair, looking out of the window to see the scenery slowly moving is an enjoyable affair.

For about 5 minutes.
    If you're fully present, even doing literally nothing for hours is a pleasurable experience.

Leave a comment:

• TechTastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
    *wahhhhhhhhhhhh*there's no wifi and the seats aren't big enough *wahhhhhhhhhh*

...and then what happened???

Did you cut across a cloudscape in a flying chariot like a demigod of Greek Legend?

Did you live the impossible dream of antiquity and partake in the miracle of human flight?

*wahhhhhhhhh* the cabin smells like recycled farts and there's no air fresheners .

Fucking Crybabies.
    Mostly what Organization said, but there's bound to be negatives to everything we do as humans. Especially when it involves technology.
    Also hang gliding may give more of such an experience anyway since it's an individual thing.
    Last edited by TechTastic; January 4th, 2019, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OrganizationXV
    replied

Did you cut across a cloudscape in a flying chariot like a demigod of Greek Legend?

Did you live the impossible dream of antiquity and partake in the miracle of human flight?

*wahhhhhhhhh* the cabin smells like recycled farts and there's no air fresheners .

Fucking Crybabies.
    Demigods of Greek legends got to feel the wind in their faces and the sun on their back. And they got to control where they were going.

Functionally we're just picking a less time-consuming mode of transportation that gets us to Nanna Oglevie's house in Texas faster. There's nothing glorious about it except the view.

Leave a comment:

• RussianCoffeeAddict
    replied

Fucking Crybabies.
    To be fair, looking out of the window to see the scenery slowly moving is an enjoyable affair.

For about 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Post-Crisis Shob
    replied

Fucking Crybabies.
    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; January 2nd, 2019, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aure0lin
    replied
    smells pretty bad, a few dollars for some air fresheners could go a long way
    Last edited by Aure0lin; January 1st, 2019, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• King Solomon
    replied
    Originally posted by P408370R View Post
    Okay, R3.
    I'll R3 your asshole if you're not careful bud.

Leave a comment:

• P408370R
    replied
    Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
    Well I suppose that's expected when one relies on lift forces generated by pressure differentials.
    Okay, R3.

Leave a comment:

• TechTastic
    replied
    Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
    Small airplanes suck feel like they about to fall apart with a slight breeze.
    Ikr? I went on one recently and it had a massive shake, thankfully it was only a 1-hour trip.

Leave a comment:

• 40 acres
    replied
    Small airplanes suck feel like they about to fall apart with a slight breeze.

Leave a comment:

• King Solomon
    replied
    I usually just sleep on a plane.

What I don't like about it is the fact that it is quite limited in capability, unlike UFOs that move at ridiculous speeds and have the types of manuevers that are very precise, agile and simply on another level.

Well I suppose that's expected when one relies on lift forces generated by pressure differentials.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X